Thread: Hey What if Ben or AB had got hurt at the end?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Hey What if Ben or AB had got hurt at the end?

Sorry to spam the board. I'm sure this came up in the game thread but I avoid that thread because I tend to get too emotional during a game and don't want to reveal myself for the idiot I am.

Anyway the result is long ago decided and not only is AB in there but he's returning punts! WTF!??? You barely play anyone of any importance through the preseason but here you are getting blown out and they're both in there!

I could see it if we had struggled to score points in the first couple games. But we didn't. The offense need's nothing more than a plane ride out of Philly to get back in the groove.

And we know Ben will never ask to be taken out. He'll go down with the ship every time for the sake of his teammates. But you could see it at the end. He didn't want to be out there. He was missing passes at the end that he never misses. He had clocked out mentally by the end of the third quarter, or more to the point the moment Ramon Foster left the game. I certainly saw it. But Tomlin didn't. Thankfully neither was hurt. But say Ben gets hit and concussed and can't play against the Chiefs next week What the hell are you saying Tomlin? Same for AB?

Ridiculous!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Hey What if Ben or AB had got hurt at the end?

Never give up.

I know it seems more logical to take Ben and AB out of the game, but no matter the deficit or seem hopeless, you have to finish taking the beating.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

haven't you been paying attention, AB just wants to make plays...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Why were the Eagles starters playing at the end? Wentz was out there taking snaps...he probably should've been sitting across from Ben...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Why were the Eagles starters playing at the end? Wentz was out there taking snaps...he probably should've been sitting across from Ben...
    He was just handing off at the end. Ben was passing every down against a pass rush with it's ear's pinned back for the kill.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I agree with you Zu. Both of them should've been taken out of the game. The game had long been decided and there was no sense in risking an injury.

You should join us in the gameday threads. We're all idiots in there.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

I remember Bellycheat taking Marsha out when the Saints skull dragged the Cheatriots. The two of them were pouting on the sidelines.