Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burn the film, hope the injuries aren't serious and move on.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Re: Burn the film, hope the injuries aren't serious and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    what bothers me the most of all is how much this game is going to hurt our 30 points per game average...
    nah. we will score 60 next week and even it up

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Butler has this defense in shambles. The players have changed, but Lebeau's garbage ideas stay.

Can they please try something else? It hasn't worked in almost 6 years and it ain't gonna work no more or ever again.

Time to move on.

- - - Updated - - -
    I really don't understand the defensive approach Butler has taken this year. Even though our secondary got torched on numerous occasions last year, it was obvious that Butler was going to try to be more aggressive overall. Considering what our DB talent level was, I was not too disappointed with the results first year into the change and we did have a lot of sacks last year. To rework our secondary this year and then GO BACK to playing a passive zone most (all?) of the game for the first 3 games is mystifying to me. What's the point of this approach? Do we really believe that a quality QB isn't capable of making 8-10 good plays to get down the field if we give them open receivers and "just keep them in front of us"????

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Yep, out of the woodwork. One loss and we're doomed with our stupid FO and coaches always doing it exactly the same way. Never mind:

1. We've drafted 3 high-round DBs in the last two years
    2. Low pass rush is on account of new CBs getting worked into system—new NT getting worked into system—LB injuries
    3. Steelers tackling = league tackling. Thank you CBA and multi-million dollar contracts making it too dangerous to work on basics like tackling in camp.

Yes, another failure! Never mind the fact that . . .

1. Our number 2 WR was injured an unable to player
    2. Our number 3 (or 2, depending who you talk to) WR is suspended for a year
    3. Our Perhaps 1b receiver is a RB who was out until next game.

Yep. Failure, I tell you! FAILURE!

FIRE TOMLIN! We only made it to the Division playoff game last year and 2-1 after three games with a team that has a poor secondary, no pass rush, awful attempt[s] at tackling and only 1 legitimate receiver! A real coach should have won the SB with line up! Or . . . wait . . . FIRE TOMLIN! That many problem and the Steelers should have losing seasons every . . . or, wait . . . FIRE TOMLIN! WE LOST TODAY.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. I really like D.Will, but he didn't seem to have the explosive step after starting his third game in a row.
    Bryant is suspended for the year...he is easily the number 2 and clearly missed. I recall a lot of people saying he wouldn't be missed...it was evident today more than any other day.

The OLine was pretty terrible. They were mauled and raped by the Eagles D Line...more of Williams "failure" falls on them than on Williams. There were a few runs that Williams made positive yards when he shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by WCSteeler View Post
    Don't be an apologist, the team has had the same problems for years and the problems are not fixed, tell me when has this improvement in its trouble areas?
    Yep. Out of the Woodwork. Where were you last week?

The team loses one ugly game and now they're completely terrible and everyone needs to be fired.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Yeah. I really like D.Will, but he didn't seem to have the explosive step after starting his third game in a row.
    Williams is fine. The whole team got shellacked and the running game wasn't going to get going, playing from behind. Eagles D-line played very well.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    You can figure out those areas need addressing without watching this abortion of a game film.
    They didn't figure it in the first two games.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    nah. we will score 60 next week and even it up
    all we need is to score 55 points next game and we'll be right on track to average 30 points a game again!

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They were mauled and raped by the Eagles D Line...more of Williams "failure" falls on them than on Williams. There were a few runs that Williams made positive yards when he shouldn't have.
    Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Williams is fine. The whole team got shellacked and the running game wasn't going to get going, playing from behind. Eagles D-line played very well.
    I don't think it was just the line or the game. I noticed it last week as well, but not as much as this week.

Don't get me wrong, I think I he's still a great option for us and a wonderful pick up. I'd even go so far as to offer him another year contract, maybe two. But I don't think he's a long-term carry the load in case of injury back. Two games looks to be his limit now, IMO. Hope I'm wrong. Sincerely hope I'm wrong, because I like the guy, bother as a player and a person.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Agreed on Williams. I truly hope Cobb fulfills his potential and pushes French cafe of the roster by years end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="WCSteeler is on a distinguished road">

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Yep. Out of the Woodwork. Where were you last week?

The team loses one ugly game and now they're completely terrible and everyone needs to be fired.
    I didn't say everyone needs to be fired, don't put words in people's mouths. Answer me a couple of questions, is the pass rush adequate? Are you ok with the way this team misses tackles and finally, is the secondary improved at all?

Senior Member Array title="WCSteeler is on a distinguished road">

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Yep, out of the woodwork. One loss and we're doomed with our stupid FO and coaches always doing it exactly the same way. Never mind:

1. We've drafted 3 high-round DBs in the last two years
    2. Low pass rush is on account of new CBs getting worked into system—new NT getting worked into system—LB injuries
    3. Steelers tackling = league tackling. Thank you CBA and multi-million dollar contracts making it too dangerous to work on basics like tackling in camp.

Yes, another failure! Never mind the fact that . . .

1. Our number 2 WR was injured an unable to player
    2. Our number 3 (or 2, depending who you talk to) WR is suspended for a year
    3. Our Perhaps 1b receiver is a RB who was out until next game.

Yep. Failure, I tell you! FAILURE!

FIRE TOMLIN! We only made it to the Division playoff game last year and 2-1 after three games with a team that has a poor secondary, no pass rush, awful attempt[s] at tackling and only 1 legitimate receiver! A real coach should have won the SB with line up! Or . . . wait . . . FIRE TOMLIN! That many problem and the Steelers should have losing seasons every . . . or, wait . . . FIRE TOMLIN! WE LOST TODAY.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said "fire Tomlin" read the whole post and don't react on what you think you read. The whole league tackles that poorly? No, they don't, watch more than just Steeler games and you'll see that not every team is poor in that area. How are those secondary picks working out so far? It's early to make an assumption but their 1st and 2nd rounds picks aren't even starters not to mention Golson that can't even make it through practice. The team has big problems and some fans would rather sweep it under the rug than deal with it

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

That was hard to watch yesterday but, at the end of the day it's just one bad game they can bounce back from this. None of us saw this result coming. Time to move on to KC!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I hope this loss lights a fire in them and they come out and dominate the Chiefs or at least put a beatdown on them

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

WC, actually through the first 3 games the secondary is improved . . . the def game plan is what didnt work against the Eagles (for the record I was all for keeping with the same plan). Our pass rush is what killed us ultmately. JJ was manhandled and needs to just sit the rest of the season. Timmons and Shazier getting injured killed any other possibility of us being even remotely competitive on the defensive side. Ben was off target most of the game for whatever reason. He literally missed 2 completely wide open targets (probably for TD's) which would have completely changed the game not to mention the TD drop and blocked FG at the beginning. Yes there are improvements to be made (all teams have issues somewhere) and it was a bad game. Our Def is not good enough if our offense is not hitting on all cylinders, but we all knew that coming into this season. We all knew if the Def had to win games, we would probably lose those games. Shake it off and move on.