Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burn the film, hope the injuries aren't serious and move on.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Burn the film, hope the injuries aren't serious and move on.

The old saying that you're never as good as you seem to be when you win and not as bad as you look when you lose big hopefully applies here. Pretty much everything that could go wrong went wrong starting with Wheaton's endzone drop then rolling into the blocked fg and so on and so forth. Hopefully Foster's injury isnt serious because 67 didn't look very good out there. Maybe with a game under his belt? Doubt it though. Foster makes the line calls and if he's out a lengthy period we're in trouble.

Anyway save injuries I just think this was just one of those games that snowballed away from us. From a couple of ticky tack drive altering penalties to terrible tackling, to Markus Wheaton sucking the life out of every drive he played.

Do I think the Steelers went into this game overrated? Yeah obviously so. Cam Hewward and Stephan Tuitt are huge disappointment's this year. Will Bell coming back help? You would think. Right now it all comes down to the next game. Get right against the Chiefs hopefully and take it week by week. And don't think you''re a Super Bowl team until you're able to prove it on the field.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Re: Burn the film, hope the injuries aren't serious and move on.

I would rather them learn from the film.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Do I think the Steelers went into this game overrated? Yeah obviously so. Cam Hewward and Stephan Tuitt are huge disappointment's this year. Will Bell coming back help? You would think. Right now it all comes down to the next game. Get right against the Chiefs hopefully and take it week by week. And don't think you''re a Super Bowl team until you're able to prove it on the field.
    How about giving the Eagles credit? They're clearly a better team than people are given credit for.

The Steelers lost this game with the endzone drop. It snowballed from there.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I would rather them learn from the film.
    Outside of figuring out how to better defend fake reverses I really don't think there's much to learn from today.

Member Array title="GRAYGHOST668 is an unknown quantity at this point"> GRAYGHOST668's Avatar

this game showed the glaring defects in the defense ,this bend don't break crap is for the birds we need a ball busting defense not this group of wanna be's,,,,until we put players on the field that can shut down another team there will be no 7th Super Bowl win for the Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    How about giving the Eagles credit? They're clearly a better team than people are given credit for.

The Steelers lost the chance to win this game with the endzone drop. It snowballed from there.
    Because I don;t give a fuck about the Eagles and I don't think they're nearly as good as they appeared today. Yes they are playing good football right now. They could easily win their division. I still don;t think they're a Super Bowl contender.

As to this game. Why is Ben and AB still in the game? You don't play them all preseason because of the risk of injury yet you play them in a game already hopelessly lost? What's the point? And God forbid either get injured!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

It is a 16 game season. We will lose a few. Nobody likes to get humiliated like we are today though. This is a problem that's going to have to get fixed quickly. I believe our coaches and players will get it fixed. I still think we will win the division. So long as we keep improving and learning, we will be there at the end. Just a bad game today.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Outside of figuring out how to better defend fake reverses I really don't think there's much to learn from today.
    Containment, tackling, which players to get minutes cut, lack of pass rush, lack of discipline, pass coverage....
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers aren't a Super Bowl contender either.

Eagles wrote the book on how to defeat this team...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Why is Bell returning punts? Does Tomlin have him on his fantasy team?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

So you're writing off the season?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

Brown?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't think I said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Containment, tackling, which players to get minutes cut, lack of pass rush, lack of discipline, pass coverage....
    You can figure out those areas need addressing without watching this abortion of a game film.

- - - Updated - - -

Brown?
    Of course that's what I meant. .

So no need to watch the film to see what the Eagles did and maybe try to adjust and defend against that in case the Chiefs come out with the same exact philosophy?

No ones a Super Bowl Contender.

You're only a Super Bowl Contender when you get there.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The pass rush needs to be fixed, spice things up a little more. Also hope Ramon Foster injury isn't serious

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

what bothers me the most of all is how much this game is going to hurt our 30 points per game average...

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Butler has this defense in shambles. The players have changed, but Lebeau's garbage ideas stay.

Can they please try something else? It hasn't worked in almost 6 years and it ain't gonna work no more or ever again.

Time to move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    what bothers me the most of all is how much this game is going to hurt our 30 points per game average...
    And don't forget AB's 150/2000, which is probably still possible, but the 30ppg they have a long long way to go.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

I agree with what you posted zulater, except for the part about Tuit and Heyward being huge disappointments. Those 2 along with Shazier (when healthy) have played very well to my eyes so far this season.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

The only consistent player on the Steeler offense or defense was Jarvis Jones as he continued to be manhandled.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    And don't forget AB's 150/2000, which is probably still possible, but the 30ppg they have a long long way to go.
    and don't forget the we're gonna average 5 yards per carry bs either.

10 rushes for 29 yards today...

Senior Member Array title="WCSteeler is on a distinguished road">

It's been the same issues for the last several seasons, poor secondary, no pass rush and awful attempt at tackling. What should be just a worrisome is the fact that the Steelers have 1, yes 1 legitimate WR and that's it. The underlying issue might not be players related but poor coaching, fans need to remember this team has 1 playoff win in 5 seasons and a now a bad reputation of not being able to develop players. I'm not gonna start the 'Fire Tomlin' talk but I will say he is not nearly as good of a coach as he is billed to be

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    No ones a Super Bowl Contender.

You're only a Super Bowl Contender when you get there.
    Last time the Steelers got shellacked by the Eagles they won the Super Bowl...so we got that going for us...which is nice.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Butler has this defense in shambles. The players have changed, but Lebeau's garbage ideas stay.

Can they please try something else? It hasn't worked in almost 6 years and it ain't gonna work no more or ever again.

Time to move on.

- - - Updated - - -

He did have 12 catches for 140 yards.

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

They used a page from that book in 2008 as well in the 3rd game of the season at the 4 o'clock time slot, and that season was a disaster, right?

Edit: Only read your first post before replying, and you already knew this.
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

It always seems when the Steelers suffer an ugly loss, it ends up well for them in the end to a certain extent, and before anyone brings up 2011, Injuries did that team in.

This wasn't a tough heartbreaker where the Eagles pulled out a miracle where a couple plays could've went their way, this was a straight up beatdown. The Steelers were thoroughly beaten. Plenty to access and plenty of improvements to make.

I'd love to see the Steelers properly address issues instead of bandage and move on

Quote Originally Posted by WCSteeler View Post
    It's been the same issues for the last several seasons, poor secondary, no pass rush and awful attempt at tackling. What should be just a worrisome is the fact that the Steelers have 1, yes 1 legitimate WR and that's it. The underlying issue might not be players related but poor coaching, fans need to remember this team has 1 playoff win in 5 seasons and a now a bad reputation of not being able to develop players. I'm not gonna start the 'Fire Tomlin' talk but I will say he is not nearly as good of a coach as he is billed to be
    Out of the woodwork.

Don't be an apologist, the team has had the same problems for years and the problems are not fixed, tell me when has this improvement in its trouble areas?

Quote Originally Posted by WCSteeler View Post
    It's been the same issues for the last several seasons, poor secondary, no pass rush and awful attempt at tackling.
    Yep, out of the woodwork. One loss and we're doomed with our stupid FO and coaches always doing it exactly the same way. Never mind:

1. We've drafted 3 high-round DBs in the last two years
    2. Low pass rush is on account of new CBs getting worked into system—new NT getting worked into system—LB injuries
    3. Steelers tackling = league tackling. Thank you CBA and multi-million dollar contracts making it too dangerous to work on basics like tackling in camp.

What should be just a worrisome is the fact that the Steelers have 1, yes 1 legitimate WR and that's it.
    Yes, another failure! Never mind the fact that . . .

1. Our number 2 WR was injured an unable to player
    2. Our number 3 (or 2, depending who you talk to) WR is suspended for a year
    3. Our Perhaps 1b receiver is a RB who was out until next game.

Yep. Failure, I tell you! FAILURE!
    The underlying issue might not be players related but poor coaching, fans need to remember this team has 1 playoff win in 5 seasons and a now a bad reputation of not being able to develop players. I'm not gonna start the 'Fire Tomlin' talk but I will say he is not nearly as good of a coach as he is billed to be
    FIRE TOMLIN! We only made it to the Division playoff game last year and 2-1 after three games with a team that has a poor secondary, no pass rush, awful attempt[s] at tackling and only 1 legitimate receiver! A real coach should have won the SB with line up! Or . . . wait . . . FIRE TOMLIN! That many problem and the Steelers should have losing seasons every . . . or, wait . . . FIRE TOMLIN! WE LOST TODAY.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    and don't forget the we're gonna average 5 yards per carry bs either.

10 rushes for 29 yards today...
    Yeah. I really like D.Will, but he didn't seem to have the explosive step after starting his third game in a row.