Thread: Member Berries: Flashback to 2008 Steelers-Eagles

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Member Berries: Flashback to 2008 Steelers-Eagles

One of Week 3's marquee matchups is the Battle of Pennsylvania as the Steelers (2-0) head to Philadelphia to take on the Eagles (2-0). Both teams rank in the top four in DVOA, and are the highest ranked among the eight 2-0 teams. The Eagles are actually ranked first, which is where they finished in the 2008 season.

It was also a Week 3 in 2008 when the Eagles last hosted the Steelers, and my member berries are buzzing over that 15-6 victory by Philadelphia.

Member the Donovan McNabb and Andy Reid offense? Member when Correll Buckhalter looked good? Member Chris Kemoeatu and the terrible offensive line the Steelers had in 2008? Member the second quarter when Bruce Arians could have been arrested for attempted murder of Ben Roethlisberger? Member the Brian Dawkins Superman leap? Member?

In case you do not remember this game, I am going to briefly revisit it today in anticipation for Sunday's showdown. To be clear, I am writing this from the perspective of having experienced this game as a Pittsburgh fan during my final semester of college at the University of Pittsburgh.

read more

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/ext...teelers-eagles

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Re: Member Berries: Flashback to 2008 Steelers-Eagles

Member Berries?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Member Berries: Flashback to 2008 Steelers-Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Member Berries?

WINNER!!!
    WINNER!!!
    WINNER!!!