Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles

We haven't won in Philadelphia since (wait for it)....1965. 51 fucking years.

Time to end that streak in crushing fashion. I feel like Wentz will come back down to earth and feel like a rookie, especially with him being on a short week
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles

It's always been ugly for the Steelers in Philadelphia, even in preseason .But I think they will win. Ben has never lost against a rookie QB if I'm not mistaken.

It'll be a good test for our offense, too.Jim Schwartz is a great DC.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Just hope it's not a let down game. Really don't feel like listening to these windbags in Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steelermania is a jewel in the rough">

Philly is one of only a handful of places where Steeler Nation can't make their presence felt.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

I remember that last game in Philly in 2008. Thats probably the most abused Ive ever seen Ben get by a pass rush
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    I remember that last game in Philly in 2008. Thats probably the most abused Ive ever seen Ben get by a pass rush
    The Eagles had 6 sacks in the second quarter!!!!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Jim Johnson defense.

Ben was rattled. Even the next game right after, Ben was still shell shocked. Mewelde Moore had to bail out the Steelers the following week vs the Ravens

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This seems like it could be a letdown
    1. The Steelers haven't beaten Philly since 1965
    2. The Steelers have gone 2-0 on the road against NFC teams one time since 2005. They almost always seem to lose at least one NFC game on the road
    3. A road game following a tough home win (especially in the division) has always been a spot where letdowns have occurred and the pattern could continue here coming off a tough win at home against the Bungles

The Eagles will be 2-0 if they win tonight against the Bears....

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Steelermania View Post
    Philly is one of only a handful of places where Steeler Nation can't make their presence felt.
    Philly is a dedicated sports town, and Pennsylvania pride is on the line.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Steelers win this one!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Iggles are a jekyll and hyde team. Not sure which one will show up.

Banned Array title="steelerkitty will become famous soon enough">

Time to get ready to MENTALLY deal with next weeks Eagle fans!!

LETS GO STEELERS!!!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The nation will unite behind the Steelers because Philly is planning to kneel during the National Anthem. WTF is that about? Whatever it is it is getting out of control.
    All Defense!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I think this winds up closer than we hope and i think it could be a loss...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

The Eagles are not a bad team....

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Well they did beat the Bowns, and there were several stupid plays by the Browns that helped that victory along (going for it on 4th and 5 at the 41 comes to mind). They are a decent team, but as long as Ben is back on target this weekend we should have no troubles going 3-0. I would think keeping the same def game plan would be best. Make Wentz have to throw it 50x and he will make mistakes. Keep our TO's to nothing and we will win this 31-20

Junior Member Array title="NCSteelerGirl is an unknown quantity at this point"> NCSteelerGirl's Avatar

The Steelers are picked to win by 10.

Normally I would say Blitz-Blitz, and Blitz some more at a rookie QB. However, I think the Eagles will have lots of their passing plays as quick hitters. To either their very good young TE. Or swing passes to the RB's. I am very pleased that in two games we have basically stopped our opponents ground game. And IF we can contain the Eagles ground game, and place the onus on their young QB...the better it will be for us. Just gotta make sure we make them start as deep in their own territory as possible. And seeing as how we have a great punter...that is a good thing.

Just make no mistakes that give them easy scoring chances...and I gotta think we can hold them to at least no more then the 16 points we gave both Washington and Cincy. And I just can't see their defense...especially their secondary stopping Brown & Ben.

Wentz was 8-8 for 94 yards against the blitz vs the Browns....

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Wentz was 8-8 for 94 yards against the blitz vs the Browns....

That's exactly my point. The Eagles knew that teams would try to rattle the kid with all-out Blitzes on passing downs...so they had multiple short area options to counter the Blitzes. I think we have to maintain the short areas and short sideline routes...and make Wentz have to stay in the pocket longer in order to find another option. Then there will be much more likely the chance at a mistake.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkitty View Post
    That's exactly my point. The Eagles knew that teams would try to rattle the kid with all-out Blitzes on passing downs...so they had multiple short area options to counter the Blitzes. I think we have to maintain the short areas and short sideline routes...and make Wentz have to stay in the pocket longer in order to find another option. Then there will be much more likely the chance at a mistake.
    That sounds like a good plan to me. Gotta figure the more he throws, the more chances he has to make a mistake. Or at least we can hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomlin doesn't have a good record in 4:15 games. How's that for hocus pocus?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Ben be watching Monday night football like.....

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Second Week in a row that the Steelers are playing a 0-loss team.

The Eagles are pretty good, though I can't even tell if he's that good or the Bears are that garbage.

Whichever the case may be. The Steelers will be tested in Philadelphia. I seriously doubt Ben will be sacked eight times like in 2008, but they will be tested. Carson Wentz hasn't hit the wall and the Eagles D is pretty good under Jim Schwartz.

Something will be exposed. Either Pittsburgh or Philly.

If this were 2012-2015, this would be a game I can say without a doubt the Steelers will likely drop.

If things are different from this 2016 team, they win this game.

[QUOTE=Edman;559359]Second Week in a row that the Steelers are playing a 0-loss team.

The Eagles are pretty good, though I can't even tell if he's that good or the Bears are that garbage.

Let me help you out with that question.....

We must take the eagles very seriously....

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Ben's not going to have a ton of time to throw in this game. They'll be bringing the pressure the whole game. Their secondary isn't that good so we should be able to take advantage of them. I don't think the offense will have any problems as long as the OL gives Ben some time to throw.

Wentz has been impressive. He doesn't seem to rattle and he's making good decisions. No turnovers in 2 games. It'd be nice to see a little pressure on him though. The defense has been solid and I'm guessing that we'll stick to a similar game plan.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert