Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2-0. Can't complain.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: 2-0. Can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I'll take it too, but it definitely wasn't a fumble. Boyd's knee was down and he still had possession of the ball, at least from the camera angles I saw.
    I expect the league office to make a statement about the refs getting it right or they blew it. Maybe they just didn't have conclusive visual to overturn the call on the field. Hard to believe that a trained official can get replay wrong with as much time as they spend under the hood.

- - - Updated - - -

What team will we finally blitz on? Eagles and Wentz?

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Obviously there are always things you can improve on, but I am thrilled that we're off to a good start this year.

You know what the most important thing is? That we came out of the gate looking like we are actually ready to play football, and seem pretty well organized as a team. No bullshit, no stupid mistakes, none of the stuff that usually contributes to one or two mindless losses early in the year. If we keep it up, we should only get stronger through the year as we get injured players and potheads back, and the rookies gain experience.
    That . . . How can . . . Huh. Not a thing I can disagree with.

Honestly, I think you're absolutely right. It was an ugly game, but underlying that was a solid team effort without self-inflicted wounds. For some reason, just before Monday night's game, I got a feeling this season was going to be special. Now, two games in . . . yeah, I still feel that way.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    That . . . How can . . . Huh. Not a thing I can disagree with.

Honestly, I think you're absolutely right. It was an ugly game, but underlying that was a solid team effort without self-inflicted wounds. For some reason, just before Monday night's game, I got a feeling this season was going to be special. Now, two games in . . . yeah, I still feel that way.
    I'm really hoping you still feel that way after 19 games.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I thought for sure it was going to be reversed. Really surprised they upheld the call but I'll take it.

The words "ruling on the field stands" (as opposed to "ruling on the field is confirmed") was a huge difference. Basically meaning the refs couldn't see enough to definitively overturn the call.

I think we were the lucky beneficiaries of the fact that there were no camera angles where you could actually see the ball. Yeah, it "probably" came out after his knee was down, but without actually seeing it, you don't have enough evidence to overrule the call that was made.

That was a shitty break for them, but remember they would've still had to score a touchdown, AND a successful two-point conversion, AND prevented us from scoring again, AND even in that case hoped that they didn't lose in overtime. So even if the fumble was overturned, still about a single-digit percent chance of winning.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This is hilarious!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post

This is hilarious!
    "How do you people get to that point",

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar