Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2-0. Can't complain.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

2-0. Can't complain.

First time since 2010 the Steelers started 2-0. Better than 1-1 and 0-2.

Won a gutsy game in the rain against an AFC North foe.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: 2-0. Can't complain.

Not one of Ben's best games but he threw 3 TDs and DeAngelo hung tough.

I'll take 2-0. No injuries.

On to the Iggles

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

A win is a win, especially a win over a division rival

Banned Array title="steelerkitty will become famous soon enough">

Can't complain ?.....sure we can. Remember...we are Steeler fans! We will always find something to B!tch about ( Even in a Win )...I am including myself too. :-)

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

NOT.

AT.

ALL.

now don't go into Philly next week and lay an egg...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

I just said to my daughter that I have never felt so bad with a 2-0 start. Steelers beat a division rival 24-16. Ravens beat a divisional rival 25-20. Which one do you think was a better win?

Since one of you had to win, I'm glad it was Pittsburgh. I cannot tolerate the Bungles or their fans.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    I just said to my daughter that I have never felt so bad with a 2-0 start. Steelers beat a division rival 24-16. Ravens beat a divisional rival 25-20. Which one do you think was a better win?

Since one of you had to win, I'm glad it was Pittsburgh. I cannot tolerate the Bungles or their fans.
    In this day and age, any win is a good win. Nobody in the NFL can dominate completely week in and week out anymore.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Rumor on Twitter is Ben wasn't feeling well today. Had medical attention at least twice.

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Rumor on Twitter is Ben wasn't feeling well today. Had medical attention at least twice.
    Drama Queen

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    In this day and age, any win is a good win. Nobody in the NFL can dominate completely week in and week out anymore.
    Maybe so. But the Steelers played a playoff-caliber team. Ravens played...Cleveland.

Banned Array title="steelerkitty will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

" Maybe he had pneumonia ? "

This is the Steelers first 2-0 start since 2010

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Not one of Ben's best games
    you always find something to complain about...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

WAAAHHHHH!!!!

Did they miss all the shit they got away with all day? AB needs to file police charges, he was mugged so badly.

That "TD" to the TE wasn't a TD. I think it was clear that there was only 1 foot in bounds

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I agree. No style points needed. Just another W.

Some high points:

Coates - big play ability again
    DW - tough yards in the trench
    J James continues to look good catching the ball
    Not much given up on the ground

We got lucky on a couple calls. They missed some on us, but overall we got the best end of the deal.

BTW, what's up with the fans bailing?! Almost empty stadium in the 4th. Ugly. You don't see that in places like Seattle and KC.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    We got lucky on a couple calls. They missed some on us, but overall we got the best end of the deal.
    I disagree. IMO, the officiating was the only thing that kept it from becoming a blowout in the 3rd quarter.

How many times does Shazier have to get tackled and our guys get drilled in the head before they call it?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    WAAAHHHHH!!!!

Did they miss all the shit they got away with all day? AB needs to file police charges, he was mugged so badly.
    and the crown of the helmet into Bens throat and face mask on Williams.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I disagree. IMO, the officiating was the only thing that kept it from becoming a blowout in the 3rd quarter.

How many times does Shazier have to get tackled and our guys get drilled in the head before they call it?
    True. But I don't think that was a fumble late in the game. Knee looked down to me.

Overall, it was a terribly officiated game on both sides.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    That "TD" to the TE wasn't a TD. I think it was clear that there was only 1 foot in bounds
    Clear to everyone but Bungle fans.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

This game worried the hell out of me. The Bengals might be the best defense we play all year and our offense is nowhere close to where it needs to be yet. It's a work in progress. Consider after AB every other receiver on the field is new to the offense. Similar to the start of 14 when Ben had to adjust to losing Sanders and Cotchery this year he comes in having lost Bryant, Wheaton ( who hopefully will be back soon) and most of all Heath Miller. This offense wont fully hit it's stride until midseason (IMO) When Bell's back and Ben has better rhythm with these young receivers.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

There was something off with Ben all day. It was obvious in his passes but also he was a statue in the pocket if you took notice. That one play, he was almost sacked and he threw it but didn't move off his spot...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Ben was better in the second half.....The second quarter was very ugly too.The bengals have also a very good defense.

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

Not the best game ever, but I certainly will take it. Also note how our D limited the Bengals even though the O could never quite give them the big separation in points to pin their ears back. Although right now I am kind of wondering if they going to play that sort of defense even with a big lead.

Dissolv

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

WAAAHHHHH!!!!

Holy shit, they are all waiting for the Mothership to bring them back to their own planet.

We'd all be upset if we thought our team was jobbed on a call, but for crying out loud..... WWE?.......

How about the comment about the Patriots, Ravens, and Steelers all being 2-0, insinuating that the NFL wants those teams to be 2-0 and that it's all fixed. That's the thing about fans of teams with bad organizations, they just don't understand that there are better organizations than others, and that is why the same teams seem to win all the time.

They just can't accept the fact that they have never won anything because they haven't been good enough.

Oh well.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Obviously there are always things you can improve on, but I am thrilled that we're off to a good start this year.

You know what the most important thing is? That we came out of the gate looking like we are actually ready to play football, and seem pretty well organized as a team. No bullshit, no stupid mistakes, none of the stuff that usually contributes to one or two mindless losses early in the year. If we keep it up, we should only get stronger through the year as we get injured players and potheads back, and the rookies gain experience.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Cockrell was following A.J. Green all over the field. I'm not sure what more he has to do to get some love from Steelers fans. I thought he was terrific today. He only allowed 34 yards last week.

I'll take 2-0 and be very happy about it. No apology necessary for beating a team that has gone 43-20-1 over the last four years.

That was a good win today.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    True. But I don't think that was a fumble late in the game. Knee looked down to me.

Overall, it was a terribly officiated game on both sides.
    I thought for sure it was going to be reversed. Really surprised they upheld the call but I'll take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I thought for sure it was going to be reversed. Really surprised they upheld the call but I'll take it.
    I'll take it too, but it definitely wasn't a fumble. Boyd's knee was down and he still had possession of the ball, at least from the camera angles I saw.