Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Browns Trade CB Justin Gilbert To Steelers

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Browns Trade CB Justin Gilbert To Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    It has more to do with his prior posts along with the condescending attitude when being warned. I think it was the meme he added below his post, not just the words "Ok whatever".

I am probably the most tolerant person on here when it comes to people like Steelerkitty, but he was getting rather insulting lately. If it was up to other people he would have been banned a long time ago, but the mods looked at it objectively. He says things in a rough manner, but as long as he doesn't insult people it was ok.

This is a far better group of mods than the jokes at Steelers Fever. If you didn't agree with the SF mods you were banned or attacked my the childish clique that infected the site. Haha.

I am tired. I have no idea of that made sense or not. : )
    You did well.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Gilbert will wear #24.

Guess that means Grant's time as a Steeler is over.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Gilbert will wear #24.

he ( Grant) was beat like a drum preseason wk 4 vs 2nd , 3rd team guys and future burger flippers , so yes he is probably done here and rightfully so

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Translation: Thank God I'm out of that shit hole.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Gilbert will wear #24.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think you summed it up pretty well!

You could almost feel him saying exactly what you posted while reading his quote.

Member Array title="GRAYGHOST668 is an unknown quantity at this point"> GRAYGHOST668's Avatar

I sure hope he pans out,before he was drafted he had a lot of potential to be a great CB,,,but a team like the Browns can suck the life out of almost anyone

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    Gilbert is so happy he doesn't have to wear that ugly helmet anymore...

Senior Member Array title="sactownsteeler is an unknown quantity at this point">

Been awhile since I posted on here but this thread really has me scratching my head...first off when he was drafted he was a top 20 prospect and arguably the top corner in that years draft. His measurable were off the chart and he already had character issues in college but he's not a criminal. He wasn't motivated in Clevelandand honestly who would be....if he lives up to his natural ability this could be the best trade in franchise history and if he doesn't work out then we lost a 6th Rd pick 2 years from now and outside of Brown there are not too many solid picks in that round in our history. Yes I know Vince and Chickillo were but they are decent back ups Gilbert could potentially be an all pro. I'm stating we haven't and most teams aren't great in the 6th Rd they are cheap gambles and I would gladly trade 6 of our picks from back to 2010 for him in that round.
    He is simply a kid that was probably the best athlete growing up and was spoiled and never had to earn or work for anything and just didn't grow up and hopefully with an ego blow like this he becomes what everyone thought he would be pretty draft analysis. Think about it you were drafted 8th overall and traded away for garbage 2yrs away and would've been cut if not for Pittsburgh stepping in.
    If you strictly look at potential he is the best overall prospect on this team at CB. Plus he is pretty much the best KR which we have sucked at for some time and wasted a 3rd Rd pick on Archer to fix....so tell me you wouldn't trade those two all day every day???? If he doesn't liver up to his DB opportunity at least we upgraded our KR issues at worst case scenario.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-josh-kline/

2018 4 that moves to 3 based on performance for Eric Rowe (I think the player got pulled from the deal) or a 2018 6 for a better athlete in Gilbert?

What is the criticism again? I mean both guys might stink, but the Steelers bet has a potentially better payoff.

Member Array title="Rara is an unknown quantity at this point"> Rara's Avatar

I'm still excited about the trade! Can't wait to see Gilbert shine in this defense!

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Sometimes, all a guy needs is a change of scenery. Hopefully coming here will only motivate him to work all that much harder.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

William Gay, Cockrell, and first round pick Burns. That's why Boykin.

The team trusted Blake over you. And if you weren't placed on IR, you probably wouldn't be on a team.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Hopefully, they at least get Gilbert in there for Kick returns. Coates isn't a KR and neither is Frenchy.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Can't wait to see Gilbert when they let him play in game 14.
    Hater = Realist