Thread: Steelers showing interest in RB Karlos Williams

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Steelers showing interest in RB Karlos Williams

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Steelers showing interest in RB Karlos Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post

Wonderful another one!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Please, no more stoners.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Wonderful another one!
    [/B]
    lol.

It might be worth a chance if Vince can keep him under control. Karlos is very talented. Just needs some growing up to do, an older brother can fix that.

And if Bell also stays clean both, he & Williams would bring a great young 1-2 punch at RB.

Edit:
    Have to wonder if they would put him on the practice squad?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Looks like they don't like Frenchy or the other guy (who looks decent for a #3).

Bringing in Vince's stoner brother does no good for the 1st 4 games unless the guy tweeting is just overblowing the interest because it's Vince's brother.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Problem: You're missing your top running back for the first 3 games.

Solution: Bring in a running back who is suspended for the first 4 games.

CHAMPIONSHIP!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

He is out of shape too.....

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Problem: You're missing your top running back for the first 3 games.

Solution: Bring in a running back who is suspended for the first 4 games.

CHAMPIONSHIP!

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Bell don't need no Stoner buddy. Plus, I think we're good enough at RB with Bell, DeAngelo and Toussaint.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

if not for having Vince on the team I wouldnt even be entertaining the idea. but the dude did average 5.6 YPC and score 9 TD's as a rookie. He could provide an insane bludgeoning starter level RB to be Leveon's backup for years to come. Leveon Bell, Karlos Williams, Fitzgerald Toussaint is an enticing group of RB's, not gonna lie. if we think Vince can keep him under tabs, then im game. our Williams (Deangelo) isnt getting any younger
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    if not for having Vince on the team I wouldnt even be entertaining the idea. but the dude did average 5.6 YPC and score 9 TD's as a rookie. He could provide an insane bludgeoning starter level RB to be Leveon's backup for years to come. Leveon Bell, Karlos Williams, Fitzgerald Toussaint is an enticing group of RB's, not gonna lie. if we think Vince can keep him under tabs, then im game. our Williams (Deangelo) isnt getting any younger
    My thinking runs along similar lines. Fat, stoned, and out of shape is not a good start BUT if Williams can turn it around --- whoa boy!

Plus, those two would run through a wall for the Steelers on Sunday if they help "save" the one brother.

If he can catch the ball constantly, it would be a good fit but I'm not interested if this is not the case.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Do we really need Karlos at this point? We have enough running backs who are more than capable to handle the starting running back position and be depth players as well.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Do we really need Karlos at this point? We have enough running backs who are more than capable to handle the starting running back position and be depth players as well.
    Likely right that they don't "need" a RB now. But what about one more injury down the line?

Williams is old for a back and a history of getting broken. Bell is almost always hurt a few games per year.

Richardson had a decent rookie year (@ least I think it was his rookie year) and then couldn't do anything in the NFL for a few years. So what can realistically be expected from him?

French Cafe seems to have some decent skills, but after the Denver game last year everyone said he should be cut and was totally responsible for losing the game...

I have no idea what kind of character and off the field concerns Williams has, but based on these two scouting reports - he may be a superior athlete

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/...rald-Toussaint

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profil...ams?id=2552380

Biggest concern is that Willams can not seem to stay in shape dating back to college. Maybe this past off-season has forced him to grow up?

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Likely right that they don't "need" a RB now. But what about one more injury down the line?

Williams is old for a back and a history of getting broken. Bell is almost always hurt a few games per year.

Richardson had a decent rookie year (@ least I think it was his rookie year) and then couldn't do anything in the NFL for a few years. So what can realistically be expected from him?

French Cafe seems to have some decent skills, but after the Denver game last year everyone said he should be cut and was totally responsible for losing the game...

I have no idea what kind of character and off the field concerns Williams has, but based on these two scouting reports - he may be a superior athlete

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/...rald-Toussaint

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profil...ams?id=2552380

Biggest concern is that Willams can not seem to stay in shape dating back to college. Maybe this past off-season has forced him to grow up?
    You do raise some good points that I didn't think about while I wrote my last post regarding injuries and performance so I can see why the Steelers would like to add Karlos.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    You do raise some good points that I didn't think about while I wrote my last post regarding injuries and performance so I can see why the Steelers would like to add Karlos.
    The concern seems to be that he is lazy and likes drugs. I have no idea how an NFL team assesses that risk.

Possibility with Bryant and Bell the Steelers "radar" on this issue is off.

The odd over thinker in me is convinced that if they sign this Williams, then that means his brother is going to fully supplant Timmons in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post

...........260 pounds!

http://www.profootballrumors.com

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

While Fitz did fumble away the game/season last year, it was against a great defense so I don't harp too much on him for it. Remember that Def won the SB for the Broncos. I think he did fine aside from that and think he will stick as a backup. IF we get the SB win this year, I think DeAngelo probably retires so I guess Karlos would fit in at that point, however he seems to be one of those entitled players (not in shape ever, smoking pot, etc) so I would rather not have him on the team.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Called doing their homework. There were times last season that Williams looked like the real deal...I wouldn't mind if they signed him as their 3rd back. Can he return kicks? A Bell, Williams and Williams combo isn't too shabby...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

bTW - Titans released Dexter McCluster ... A Todd Haley favorite...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Mark Kaboly Retweeted
    Field Yates ‏@FieldYates

Source: the Steelers worked out former Titans RB David Cobb. Has also visited the Patriots, Chiefs & Jets.

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Member Array title="Rara is an unknown quantity at this point"> Rara's Avatar

And with Cobb signed to the practice squad..Williams is no longer needed. Well, unless Williams has gotten into shape by the end of his suspension.