Thread: Hargrave should be ahead of Daniel McCullers on the depth chart

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Hargrave should be ahead of Daniel McCullers on the depth chart

While the Steelers 2016 first-round pick Artie Burns has yet to take the field in a Steelers uniform, their 2016 third round pick Javon Hargrave has taken every opportunity on the field to prove that he needs to be a starter and get significant snaps as a rookie. Daniel McCullers, who surprisingly joined Burns on the inactive list in the Steelers third preseason game more than likely lost his job on Friday night.

Entering training camp it would not be in the Pittsburgh Steelers reputation to name a third-round pick from an FCS school as a starter day one. Therefore the nod went to McCullers, a sixth-round pick, but a player entering year three. However, McCullers only played 13 snaps in 12 games last season, so the job was not etched in stone in any way..........

Read more @ http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/201...e-depth-chart/

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Hargrave should be ahead of Daniel McCullers on the depth chart

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I'm sure he will be, McCullers is resigned to eat popcorn on the bench.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

McCullers is soft.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

McCullers is a giant.

Unfortunately, he's a gentle giant.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

McCullers is a one-dimensional role player and that's probably all he will ever be at this point.

Hargrave does not really look like the archetypical Nose Tackle that we are used to, built like a bowling ball and disruptive like a bull in the middle - but he does look like a good football player.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I think it's a good thing we have both players.

McCullers is a big physical presence in the middle that can disrupt a run game and at times can be immovable.

Hargrave is a cat quick DT/DE that can get quick penetration to disrupt plays against the run and get to the quarterback.

They are both young players with young stars already on the DL in Heyward and Tuitt.

The future of the defensive line is very bright. They will be talented, young, and deep. What more could anyone ask for?

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

McCullers is a one-dimensional role player and that's probably all he will ever be at this point.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. As long as he does his role and does it well, he'll be fine.

I knew from the moment he was drafted that he isn't a pass rusher, he's a space-eater.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Gotta love those space eaters. Every team needs one.