Thread: Hit By Steelers LB Vince Williams Against Saints Shouldn’t Have Been Penalized

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Hit By Steelers LB Vince Williams Against Saints Shouldn’t Have Been Penalized

In the fourth quarter of the Pittsburgh Steelers Friday night preseason win over the New Orleans Saints, linebackers Vince Williams forced a fumble when he hit tight end Daniel Lasco after he caught a short pass near the middle of the field on a 2nd and 10 play. While the Steelers defense ultimately recovered the loose football, the Saints offense retained possession as Williams was penalized for unnecessary roughness as it was ruled he hit Lasco with the crown of his helmet.........

Read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08...dnt-penalized/

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: Hit By Steelers LB Vince Williams Against Saints Shouldn’t Have Been Penalized

I thought the hit by Williams was clean as well. Dangerfield's hit late in the game should have been a penalty and wasn't called.

At least that's how I saw it.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Hit By Steelers LB Vince Williams Against Saints Shouldn’t Have Been Penalized

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I thought the hit by Williams was clean as well. Dangerfield's hit late in the game should have been a penalty and wasn't called.

At least that's how I saw it.
    agree

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Yes, it was a legal shot with his shoulder. Get ready for a lot more of this when the season starts. The officials have their hands on their flags anticipating a penalty every time.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

It wasn't legal. I was thinking along the lines as everyone else here until the very last camera angle they showed before moving on. That was the only angle where it showed the crown of the helmet actually hitting the other helmet. Poor job by the TV guys not showing the proper tape to highlight what they were claiming happened, because, up to that point, I was at a loss to describe how it could be a penalty.