Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: James Harrison, Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers and Mike Neal will be suspended if they haven't submitted to interviews by Aug. 26

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: James Harrison, Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers and Mike Neal will be suspended if they haven't submitted to interviews by Aug. 26

If this is based solely off of Gotohell's discretion, Harrison will be suspended as punishment for all of James' criticism against him

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: James Harrison, Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers and Mike Neal will be suspended if they haven't submitted to interviews by Aug. 26

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    If this is based solely off of Gotohell's discretion, Harrison will be suspended as punishment for all of James' criticism against him

I can see it now: Harrison's words are "detrimental to the game".

Good God, I hate Goodell....

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Does Bell have to be there to massage the NFL representative's balls during the interview process?

Yeah, I can see it now Gotohell asks some stupid question, Harrison asks "Why are you asking me this" and Gotohell and his sandy vag will use that to suspend him claiming no cooperation. If it sounds absolutely ridiculous it is which is why it is perfectly reasonable to think Gotohell will pull that crap

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

"NFL Investigators"? Seriously? Do they have badges? Have they sworn allegiance to the Gotohell Football god?

But the NFL continues to print money like never before.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    "NFL Investigators"? Seriously? Do they have badges?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Good. Which was the best outcome of just going to the meeting and getting it over with. I always felt there was far greater chance of a suspension if he resisted and did not meet than if he did meet with Goodell.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

I dunno - kinda hard to impugn the Al-Qaeda Broadcasting Network...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Glad gotohell did the right thing. Of course it should have never come to this. It was clear that this report had no credibility

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Has there been an apology from the league yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Has there been an apology from the league yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

There's not going to be an apology from the league. The whole point of this exercise was to show the players who has the power, and that the players should jump when the NFL says "jump".

Basically, it was Goodell spraying his scent to claim his territory. They don't apologize for doing things they believe they have a right to do, and Goodell's power is absolute and his apparent limitless reach makes him feel omnipotent.

That's the public image the NFL is putting forward at this point. It's embarrassing and it will not serve them well long-term, but they will continue their reign of terror while they can wield that power.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    There's not going to be an apology from the league. The whole point of this exercise was to show the players who has the power, and that the players should jump when the NFL says "jump".

Basically, it was Goodell spraying his scent to claim his territory. They don't apologize for doing things they believe they have a right to do, and Goodell's power is absolute and his apparent limitless reach makes him feel omnipotent.

That's the public image the NFL is putting forward at this point. It's embarrassing and it will not serve them well long-term, but they will continue their reign of terror while they can wield that power.
    Yeah, it's going to be crap like this that's going to come back to haunt them by way of a protracted holdout at the next CBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Yeah, it's going to be crap like this that's going to come back to haunt them by way of a protracted holdout at the next CBA.

We will see. I know that all the players hate it now. The question is....are they willing to risk losing game checks when the next CBA is negotiated?

If they are willing to stick to their guns, they will be able to remove some of that power from a God-like single power, and have disciplinary matters handled by a more neutral party.

I think that many of the owners are fed up with the bullshit that the commissioner has making them deal with as well, and I believe there will be pressure from ownership to relinquish much of Goodell's power.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    We will see. I know that all the players hate it now. The question is....are they willing to risk losing game checks when the next CBA is negotiated?

If they are willing to stick to their guns, they will be able to remove some of that power from a God-like single power, and have disciplinary matters handled by a more neutral party.

I think that many of the owners are fed up with the bullshit that the commissioner has making them deal with as well, and I believe there will be pressure from ownership to relinquish much of Goodell's power.
    What pisses me off more than anything about it is when Roethlisberger and Harrison were getting dumped on back in 2010-11, nary a word was said about it. But ever since Goldenboy got suspended, NOW, all of a sudden, it's an issue.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

What pisses me off more than anything about it is when Roethlisberger and Harrison were getting dumped on back in 2010-11, nary a word was said about it. But ever since Goldenboy got suspended, NOW, all of a sudden, it's an issue.
    Well, you know Goodell and Kraft were butt buddies, unlike Dan and Art.

Par for the course my man........

The Steelers and their players keep getting screwed over by the league, while the Patriots have been breaking rules on a regular basis that should potentially have them removed from the NFL.

Then we get to listen to the Cheats and their fans whine about any scrutiny of their team while they've given themselves an advantage over every opponent they've faced for the past 16 years under Bill Belichick and his minions that continually try to find new ways to cheat and get away with it.

Oh the humanity!