Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: James Harrison, Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers and Mike Neal will be suspended if they haven't submitted to interviews by Aug. 26

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: James Harrison, Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers and Mike Neal will be suspended if they haven't submitted to interviews by Aug. 26

In the end one of two things will happen. Either the Union will seek and get a court order staying the suspension of these players, or failing that the Union will send a representative to sit in on the meetings and advise the players during the course of the interview. I think Goodell is on a slippery slope with this one because the drug policy and testing thereof is spelled out fairly clearly in the CBA, and to me these proposed meetings step over the line of what's been bargained for. And again you wonder if any owner or group of owners will realize they need to reign in Herr Commish, because his continuous over reach is quite likely to result in a very contentious renewal of the CBA.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: James Harrison, Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers and Mike Neal will be suspended if they haven't submitted to interviews by Aug. 26

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    If he's suspended he'll only be back when Goodell says so. I wouldn't give him (goodell) that opportunity. And if he is suspended what was the point in coming back this year, since it is probably his last?
    At least he will get Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years off.

Is anyone looking at the other guys? Matthews and Peppers aren't' saying a word...oh and evidently not scheduling interviews. Deebo is playing to his fans. This is a BIG power play between the NFL office and the NFLPA.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    At least he will get Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years off.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

It's shit like this that makes me less and less inclined to continue watching the NFL. Goodell and owners like Jones and Kraft are destroying it.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The CBA gave the commish this power. It can get fixed at the next CBA. But until then, go do the interview and let this be done for now. In the immortal words of Marcellus Wallace, "Fuck Pride!"

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Nobody accused Stephen A. of being intelligent.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Apparently the 4 named players want to cooperate but the CBA misfits are stopping them, citing precedence.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Junior Member Array title="Mamaduck43 has a brilliant future">

Two full pages of this case in the Green Bay Press Gazette this morning - - They, of course, are just treating it like it is just Julius Peppers and Clay Matthews... Mike Neal (formerly a Packer) and James have not been mentioned at all... The tone of the articles is that the team ownership is concerned with the goings on, but they expect their guys will be playing all season and they will allow this to play out... Here is one of the viewpoints: http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...robe/88833888/

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Shouldn't these idiot commentators be embarrassed of themselves? They are absolutely clueless.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Shouldn't these idiot commentators be embarrassed of themselves? They are absolutely clueless.
    That's why they're not embarrassed. They really don't know any better.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    As much as I hate it, he is right in his statement. Harrison has no power in this. Goodell has all the power. Just do the interview and get on with life.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Nope.

Once again, this falls under the league's drug policy, not the player conduct policy. Goodell doesn't get to do whatever he wants this time.

And a single-sourced (and later recanted) story put out there by al-Qaeda's propaganda wing is NOT credible.
    Who judges whether its credible though?
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    I kind of think when someone immediately recants he loses credibility.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

So, Al-Jazeera is where one would go for sports news/NFL news??

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The lesson being taught is that James Harrison received a multi-year $50 million contract to play in the NFL while Roger Goodell receives almost that in annual salary even though Goodell doesn't deserve ten cents. Get with the program.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    So, Al-Jazeera is where one would go for sports news/NFL news??
    Did I say that? I asked who judges if its credible?

If it's Goodell and his people it doesnt matter the source they're going to suggest it's credible.

So again, it doesn't matter what we think, I ask who decides whether it's credible?
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

If it's Goodell and his people it doesnt matter the source they're going to suggest it's credible.

So again, it doesn't matter what we think, I ask who decides whether it's credible?
    the Al Jazeera report relies on a source who has already recanted his claims. I would say that makes the report not credible...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    the Al Jazeera report relies on a source who has already recanted his claims. I would say that makes the report not credible...
    Listen all logic goes out the window when dealing with the NFL and Goodell.

What I'm getting at is if the NFL deems it legitimate for whatever reason which apparently they do because they are trying to interview all these players then in order to save a lot of hassel meet with them clear their name and be done with it.

Harrison has said he will meet with them if they come to him. Well if that's the case then just go meet with them and clear your name.

I'm looking out for my team and I don't want anyone suspended, I'm keeping it that simple. Do what you need to do to avoid suspension.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Didn't say you said that. I'm saying is it credible to you?

I said is it credible for "one" to go for NFL news. Never said "You".

As far as this whole dumb scenario, Harrison has to decide whether to take up the NFLPA cause or just do the interview and finish the season and career.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    When the current CBA expires Goodell is setting the league up for a major work stoppage. Thanks again idiot!
    I was thinking the same thing...

No way the NFLPA will let dopey retain so much power and there's no way Roger will give any of it up. I'm glad we have a while before we have to worry about it because I think it's going to be a long hold out before the next CBA gets a signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I kind of think when someone immediately recants he loses credibility.
    Especially when the story being recanted is collected under false pretenses to begin with (hidden camera without subject's knowledge) and is published by al-Qaeda's propaganda wing (Al Jazeera).

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

It should be the court of common sense. Personally, I'd lend more credibility to the National Enquirer than Al Jazeera, but hey, that's just me.

However, it appears the arbiter of credibility here is Goodell, and being the petty and vindictive bastard that he is, he is apparently going to push forward with this charade in order to nail Harrison. And make no mistake about it, the real target here is Harrison and Harrison alone. Matthews, Peppers and Neal are simply going to be collateral damage.

I'd love to get the Rooneys' take (especially Dan's) on all of this.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

If these players get suspended, the FANS of the NFL need to take a stand. Refuse to buy any NFL products and boycott the rest of the pre season. I am sick and tired of this ass hat that is the commissioner. Being a lawyer, the idiot should understand that you can't ask someone to prove a negative.

If a mere accusation is accepted, then Robert Kraft and the entire Patriot organization should be forced to open all their books, personal and business. I have a strong suspicion that Kraft and the rest of the organization is dirty. Should the NFL act on my suspicion? Should Kraft and Brady be suspended because the NFL does not get their way when they want to interview Kraft and Brady? And if the Commish did act on my accusations, he is an idiot.

What the Commish should do is denounce the report and bring the true fact that the original accuser recanted his story and support his players. If some test or other evidence came in to play, than he can begin a credible investigation. Harrison is absolutely right, his piss would be wasted in trying to put out this Commish if he was on fire.

God forbid, if any one of us on this site would have to face this kind of scrutiny after a false accusation. Guilty until proven innocent is the wrong mindset to have.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Oh James James James. I don't blame you at all for digging in your heels.

But you are putting your body through all this for another ring. You can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Oh James James James. I don't blame you at all for digging in your heels.

But you are putting your body through all this for another ring. You can't have it both ways.
    Not following you. How is his refusal to submit to this BS having it both ways?

And it's funny how Manning was already "cleared" in this matter by the powers-that-be. So when was his interview with the league, exactly?

Ten bucks says this whole thing would have already been summarily dropped had the exalted Saint Peyton decided to play in 2016.