Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: James Harrison, Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers and Mike Neal will be suspended if they haven't submitted to interviews by Aug. 26

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: James Harrison, Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers and Mike Neal will be suspended if they haven't submitted to interviews by Aug. 26

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    They may not play but the nfl does not want to lose another case in court especially to James Harrison of the Steelers. If he suspends them you can bet your bippy there will be a court case pending for go to hell. Also even if you don't fight it there is no guarantee that you will get a fair shake by the nfl, so you might as well take your chances with the courts. Don't let go to hell be the only one who can rattle his saber.

Until the owners step up to the plate, it will continue on imo. They had a chance during the Ray Rice saga, when Goodell had his back pinned against the wall, but they continued to support him. Follow the cash.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: James Harrison, Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers and Mike Neal will be suspended if they haven't submitted to interviews by Aug. 26

Next round of CBA talks - Non-negotiable demand #1: NEW COMMISSIONER
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Plus, what does he mean by the Steelers can see what it feels like to be treated unfairly by Goodell? BR was suspended for not violating any rules. Harrison was fined for legally tackling players.
    Hater = Realist

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    EXACTLY. Get it over with.
    How about making sure the accusations have merit? I should not have to defend myself because of some rinky dink Al Jeezera reporter who published some BS story. Why don't they figure out if the accusations have any merit first? I thought their investigation on Manning concluded just that.

This is now a pissing contest with Goodell and Harrison. The other players are just collateral damage.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So if Harrison, Neal, Matthews refuse and file a court case, would it go as similar to Brady's where he played last season and is now suspended this season? If that is the case for Harrison, that's probably his best option. play this season out, which is most likely his last and then flip Goodell the double bird from retirement...??? Would it be that simple?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    They may not play but the nfl does not want to lose another case in court especially to James Harrison of the Steelers. If he suspends them you can bet your bippy there will be a court case pending for go to hell. Also even if you don't fight it there is no guarantee that you will get a fair shake by the nfl, so you might as well take your chances with the courts. Don't let go to hell be the only one who can rattle his saber.

Sad to say, but lately Goodell has won the case against Brady and also against Adrian Peterson, confirming that Goodell has all the power.I think Goodell can suspend Harrison and others if they refuse to cooperate.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

"Conduct detrimental to the integrity of, or public confidence in, the game of professional football" is the card Goodell consistently plays because every time he throws it down, it wins and it's a card that covers EVERYTHING!!

Consistency is what the NFL is all about!!

Harrison also got a "random" PED test for today...lol.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Sad to say, but lately Goodell has won the case against Brady and also against Adrian Peterson, confirming that Goodell has all the power.I think Goodell can suspend Harrison and others if they refuse to cooperate.
    I think they would be challenging a different rule - the part that says there has to be "credible evidence" to investigate players for PEDs. Goodell is basically arguing that "credible evidence" can be whatever the hell he wants, from a legitimate news report to a blog post on a Pats fansite, to some homeless guy shouting it on the street. With the player conduct policy, there wasn't anything in place that put any check on his power; with this there is.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    What's to hide? Give them the interview so you can play.
    When asked why not get the interview over with, Harrison was blunt in his response.

"If that's the case, then somebody could come out and say James Harrison is a pedophile," Harrison said. "They are going to suspend me, put me under investigation for being a pedophile just because somebody said it? I'm not going to answer questions for every little thing some Tom, Dick and Harry comes up with."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...america-report

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

The NFL needs to immediately file an appeal to the Courts, then this should play out like the Brady thing did and JH can give that asshole the finger. It would be even better if that asshole had to hand the SB trophy directly to JH! This is a pissing match, but one the NFL should have no trouble winning. The players involved should not even be thinking about it as the union should be handling the entire issue now. AND this should not fall under conduct detrimental . . . they were not caught doing anything, there is nothing showing any detrimental conduct. The only thing is this moron who lied to some 2bit reporter. If fact, if you want to suspend anyone for conduct detrimental to the league, how about the Commish as this was a nonstory from the beginning and they are making it a big story by pursuing this.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08...nsion-warning/

Deebo's girlfriend is an attorney. Deebo is a fighter. Deebo hates Goodhell.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Consistency is what the NFL is all about!!
    Consistently inconsistent.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Goodell is the worst commissioner of all time to all sports and I do not think this is a debate but unfortunately I do not think than Harrison,Matthews, Peppers and Neal can win against Goodell if they not speak with the league.Goodell can do whatever he wants.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

If he is suspended that leaves the Steelers without their only outside pass rusher.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08...nsion-warning/

Deebo's girlfriend is an attorney. Deebo is a fighter. Deebo hates Goodhell.

Deebo has also been fined a lot of money and has changed the way he plays the game. If he could do this in court in the off season, I'd be all for it. But if he gets suspended Goodell is going to get double pleasure, suspending him, then making him crawl. If this is his last year it makes no sense to take a suspension.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

He can be right anytime. We need him to be a teammate right now. Whatever it takes to get on the field.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Plus, what does he mean by the Steelers can see what it feels like to be treated unfairly by Goodell? BR was suspended for not violating any rules. Harrison was fined for legally tackling players.
    Harrison was even suspended for hitting players

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

IF the Union can get a the players to play and push this BS to the off season, then I say do it. If not, I guess it is up to Deebo to decide whether he wants to sit out or just have the stupid interview. I think it will he a difficult choice, he wants to set a good example for his children, show them to stand up for themselves and what they think is right, but he also wants to get that last ring . . . did I mention how much I despise Goodell?

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    IF the Union can get a the players to play and push this BS to the off season, then I say do it. If not, I guess it is up to Deebo to decide whether he wants to sit out or just have the stupid interview.
    I don't think this will be Deebo's decision to make, I'm pretty sure he will do whatever the NFLPA's lawyers advise him to do...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This is all just a front to find a way to target Harrison for speaking out against Gotohell's crap for so many years. Personally, I say do the interview and then tell Gotohell off right in his stupid face.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

It's the slow creep of the NFL. It's a pure power play and the NFL is letting the players know who is boss man instead of having a symbiotic relationship.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    It's the slow creep of the NFL. It's a pure power play and the NFL is letting the players know who is boss man instead of having a symbiotic relationship.

This

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Deebo has also been fined a lot of money and has changed the way he plays the game. If he could do this in court in the off season, I'd be all for it. But if he gets suspended Goodell is going to get double pleasure, suspending him, then making him crawl. If this is his last year it makes no sense to take a suspension.

I don't see Deebo doing any crawling.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

When the current CBA expires Goodell is setting the league up for a major work stoppage. Thanks again idiot!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I don't see Deebo doing any crawling.
    If he's suspended he'll only be back when Goodell says so. I wouldn't give him (goodell) that opportunity. And if he is suspended what was the point in coming back this year, since it is probably his last?