Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Watching Landry Jones makes me wanna start thinking about suicide again!!

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

Re: Watching Landry Jones makes me wanna start thinking about suicide again!!

Is pre-season over yet?
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

he wasnt great but other than DHB his receivers were no help

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Once again, we face the truth. None of our backup QBs are very good. Jones is simply the best of a bad group. Gradkowski looks terrible. He seems to have aged 10 years. He's got nothing left on his passes and as soon as he got hit, he was injured.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Anyone besides me think that Todd Haley hates Dustin Vaughan?

Dang did that kid take a beating.
    Our backup OL were pretty much all terrible.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

O didn't even know until last night we had a QB name Dustin Vaughan.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    As long as he doesn't repeatedly insult people or violate a community rule he should stay. Ok, so he thinks L. Jones sucks. Big deal. He is most likely doing it to get a rise out of people.
    I'm more concerned about the preponderance of inflammatory posts, i.e. The Bell GHETTO post, and a number of similar ones. Even the title of this thread is a bit foolish.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I'm more concerned about the preponderance of inflammatory posts, i.e. The Bell GHETTO post, and a number of similar ones. Even the title of this thread is a bit foolish.
    I just ignore them. They don't phase me in the least, but I get what you are saying.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Remember when everyone said that Dak Prescott in the third or fourth round was dumb? Watch his highlights from tonight and then watch Jones and Vaughn.

How dumb does that idea seem now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

It's very possible Dallas found their successor for Romo.

Yes it's preseason but, Prescott looked like a vet and made great throws.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Remember when everyone said that Dak Prescott in the third or fourth round was dumb? Watch his highlights from tonight and then watch Jones and Vaughn.

How dumb does that idea seem now?
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ott-highlights

It's one game and I wasn't impressed. He was given great protection. Most of his passes came from shotgun too. His passes under center seemed to be dump-offs/screens.

My pick for the dumbest draft pick was Artie Burns in the first round.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

As long as he doesn't repeatedly insult people or violate a community rule he should stay. Ok, so he thinks L. Jones sucks. Big deal. He is most likely doing it to get a rise out of people.
    Didn't find anything insulting about "moron, Hammer and Sickle, or Swastika"?

Member Array title="GRAYGHOST668 is an unknown quantity at this point"> GRAYGHOST668's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Didn't find anything insulting about "moron, Hammer and Sickle, or Swastika"?
    it is all petty crap and I have been called far worse,

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkitty View Post
    ......Man he is outright terrible.

Is he?

Steelers Film Room: Breakdown Of QB Landry Jones’ Accuracy Against Lions

BY DAVE BRYAN
    AUGUST 14, 2016 AT 10:30 AM

The Pittsburgh Steelers dropped their preseason opener Friday night to the Detroit Lions at Heinz Field and while quarterback Landry Jones started the game and completed just 6 of 12 passes for 55 yards and a touchdown, the tape shows and good performance from an accuracy standpoint.
    Jones actually attempted 14 passes in Friday night’s game and even though two didn’t count because of penalties, I will show you shots of all them.
    Jones first attempt was a short flair-out to the right side to tight end David Johnson that resulted in a 2-yard gain.

Jones’ second throw was to wide receiver Eli Rogers and while on target and completed, it was wiped out by a penalty.

The following play, the Steelers faced a 3rd and 13 and Jones threw 21 yards over the middle to Darrius Heyward-Bey. While it’s tough to see if the underneath defensive back got a finger on the football, the pass still should have been caught. It’s fairly to register this one as a drop on the Steelers veteran wide receiver.

Jones’ next pass in the game was deep down the right side to Heyward-Bey and as you can see below, it was off target and short. It was thrown 47 yards past the line of scrimmage on a 3rd and 16.

While Jones may have forced this underneath throw to tight end Jesse James, it was on target. The Lions linebacker made a nice play to break this pass up, but even so, James probably should have caught this one.

Two plays later on a 3rd and 8, Jones connected short and to the right to James for a 4-yard gain.

Jones on target again to Rogers here in the second quarter for a gain of 8 yards.

Jones was high to Heyward-Bey on this deep throw to the right side on a 2nd and 12 play. The play didn’t count, however, as the Lions were flagged for pass interference.

A few plays after the penalty, Jones went deep to Heyward-Bey in the back of the end zone and the perfectly thrown pass was caught this time for a touchdown. 38 yards past the line of scrimmage on this one and it might very well have been the best deep pass Jones has thrown so far during his career.

Late in the first half, Jones connected with wide receiver Sammie Coates on this short screen to the right side. The young wide receiver double-caught the pass, however, for no gain on the play.

This short pass to young wide receiver Levi Norwood was also on target. It wasn’t caught, however, as it was broken up by the defender, who as you can see, went over the back. Pass interference wasn’t called on the play.

While this pass to Coates might be considered a tad low, it was on target. Coates, however, fumbled the football after the catch.

Jones’ next pass to Coates was a little low, but on target nonetheless. This is one Coates should have caught.

Jones’ final throw in the game was perhaps his worst and he’s lucky Norwood got a hand on it as it likely would have been intercepted. It looks like he led the wide receiver just a little too far on the play.

As you can see, Jones could have very easily had three or four more of his passes completed Friday night. While it was far from a perfect outing, it certainly wasn’t awful from an accuracy standpoint.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08...ccuracy-lions/

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ott-highlights

It's one game and I wasn't impressed. He was given great protection. Most of his passes came from shotgun too. His passes under center seemed to be dump-offs/screens.

My pick for the dumbest draft pick was Artie Burns in the first round.
    i was referring to the fact that many linked him to the Steelers. Prescott looked more natural and talented than Landry ever has in an NFL uniform. Protection was great but I'm not sure pressure is always the problem with Jones.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post

Is he?

Steelers Film Room: Breakdown Of QB Landry Jones’ Accuracy Against Lions

BY DAVE BRYAN
    AUGUST 14, 2016 AT 10:30 AM

The Pittsburgh Steelers dropped their preseason opener Friday night to the Detroit Lions at Heinz Field and while quarterback Landry Jones started the game and completed just 6 of 12 passes for 55 yards and a touchdown, the tape shows and good performance from an accuracy standpoint.
    Jones actually attempted 14 passes in Friday night’s game and even though two didn’t count because of penalties, I will show you shots of all them.
    Jones first attempt was a short flair-out to the right side to tight end David Johnson that resulted in a 2-yard gain.

Jones’ second throw was to wide receiver Eli Rogers and while on target and completed, it was wiped out by a penalty.

The following play, the Steelers faced a 3rd and 13 and Jones threw 21 yards over the middle to Darrius Heyward-Bey. While it’s tough to see if the underneath defensive back got a finger on the football, the pass still should have been caught. It’s fairly to register this one as a drop on the Steelers veteran wide receiver.

Jones’ next pass in the game was deep down the right side to Heyward-Bey and as you can see below, it was off target and short. It was thrown 47 yards past the line of scrimmage on a 3rd and 16.

While Jones may have forced this underneath throw to tight end Jesse James, it was on target. The Lions linebacker made a nice play to break this pass up, but even so, James probably should have caught this one.

Two plays later on a 3rd and 8, Jones connected short and to the right to James for a 4-yard gain.

Jones on target again to Rogers here in the second quarter for a gain of 8 yards.

Jones was high to Heyward-Bey on this deep throw to the right side on a 2nd and 12 play. The play didn’t count, however, as the Lions were flagged for pass interference.

A few plays after the penalty, Jones went deep to Heyward-Bey in the back of the end zone and the perfectly thrown pass was caught this time for a touchdown. 38 yards past the line of scrimmage on this one and it might very well have been the best deep pass Jones has thrown so far during his career.

Late in the first half, Jones connected with wide receiver Sammie Coates on this short screen to the right side. The young wide receiver double-caught the pass, however, for no gain on the play.

This short pass to young wide receiver Levi Norwood was also on target. It wasn’t caught, however, as it was broken up by the defender, who as you can see, went over the back. Pass interference wasn’t called on the play.

While this pass to Coates might be considered a tad low, it was on target. Coates, however, fumbled the football after the catch.

Jones’ next pass to Coates was a little low, but on target nonetheless. This is one Coates should have caught.

Jones’ final throw in the game was perhaps his worst and he’s lucky Norwood got a hand on it as it likely would have been intercepted. It looks like he led the wide receiver just a little too far on the play.

As you can see, Jones could have very easily had three or four more of his passes completed Friday night. While it was far from a perfect outing, it certainly wasn’t awful from an accuracy standpoint.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08...ccuracy-lions/

Hey that doesn't fit the narrative of this thread! You must be like that awful Donald Trump fellow!

Serious question, how has this a-hole not been banned? (not shoes )
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Hey that doesn't fit the narrative of this thread! You must be like that awful Donald Trump fellow!

Serious question, how has this a-hole not been banned? (not shoes )
    don't ban steelerpussy i mean steelerkitty just yet, i haven't even begun to use my best lines on her...

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

How many years have people been watching football?? Everyone should know you can't judge a player in the pre season. Sure, Prescott looked good, but so did Limas Sweed and Dri Archer and many others. Everyone is ready to crown Prescott the steal of the draft in a game where the main objective is to not get hurt. Landry Jones is just fine as our backup QB.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Man I hate to agree here, but......Landry Jones has always sucked. Nothing new to see here. Preseason, whatever. He doesn't look much better when the season goes live either. As bad as VICK was, he got the nod over Jones. I am not a Jones fan at all. That said, SteelerKitty should shut it down. Suicide? Really?

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Again it's the first pre season game relax and, Coats dropped and fumbled away twice. We have all seen HOF QB's look bad in pre season as well.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Man I hate to agree here, but......Landry Jones has always sucked. Nothing new to see here. Preseason, whatever. He doesn't look much better when the season goes live either. As bad as VICK was, he got the nod over Jones. I am not a Jones fan at all. That said, SteelerKitty should shut it down. Suicide? Really?
    I really don't sense that anyone thinks an awful lot of Jones. That's what makes some of Steelerkitty's comments so ridiculous. The best Landry ever gets is faint praise. But yeah he did throw a nice pass to DHB. To say otherwise is flat out stupid! So when a couple people point out that he threw a nice pass there she goes all rude and insulting.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Watching Landry Jones makes me wanna start thinking about suicide again!!

Last preseason, Jones was far and away a better player than he was in previous seasons. He wasn't great or even good by any means, but he was somewhat serviceable at times. I would still rather upgrade him than go to battle with him at the helm...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Looks ghetto to me....

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I really don't sense that anyone thinks an awful lot of Jones. That's what makes some of Steelerkitty's comments so ridiculous. The best Landry ever gets is faint praise. But yeah he did throw a nice pass to DHB. To say otherwise is flat out stupid! So when a couple people point out that he threw a nice pass there she goes all rude and insulting.
    "Steelerkitty" is as much of a female as I am.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    "Steelerkitty" is as much of a female as I am.
    what male poster names himself "steelerkitty"?

not that there's anything wrong with that...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lol. Good question...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    what male poster names himself "steelerkitty"?

not that there's anything wrong with that...

One with issues.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

sadly after reading this entire thread my IQ dropped 37 points and 15 mins of my life is gone with nothing to show for it

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    sadly after reading this entire thread my IQ dropped 37 points
    so did mine.

fortunately, it's still over 200...

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell

#Steelers working like it's regular season against defensive then offensive look teams. Landry Jones looking sharp.

Landry was always good for pumping up the confidence of first and second team DBs. Looks nothing like that guy anymore. Bit of a swagger.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell?ref_sr...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell

#Steelers working like it's regular season against defensive then offensive look teams. Landry Jones looking sharp.

Landry was always good for pumping up the confidence of first and second team DBs. Looks nothing like that guy anymore. Bit of a swagger.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell?ref_sr...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    Bad sign for the Steelers Defense....

Just read on DJ's site that Tomlin has no plans on playing Ben at all this preseason. Same goes for AB, LeVeon, and DeAngelo. Guess that means we better warn the authorities and put Steeler Kitty on suicide watch for the duration of the pre-season.

By the way I love this plan. Preseason games are worthless for established veterans, only gives them a chance to get hurt.