Thread: Porter: Dupree, Jones can each get 10+ sacks

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Porter: Dupree, Jones can each get 10+ sacks

"The Pittsburgh Steelers haven't had a single player record double-digit sacks since 2010, six seasons ago, when LaMarr Woodley and James Harrison both topped 10 quarterback takedowns.

Linebackers coach Joey Porter believes both Jarvis Jones and Bud Dupree can go for 10 sacks in 2016.

"If (Jones) stays healthy, I still see him being a guy who can give you double-digit sacks. I really do," Porter told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

He doubled down on Dupree: "I'm expecting double-digit sacks out of him, too."

Porter said he expects to use a rotation less this season than last year, when Harrison and Arthur Moats saw plenty of snaps in place of their younger counterparts.

"Last year, a lot of times I pulled (Dupree) out of the game, a learning experience," Porter said. "I can't really justify myself doing that now. If those guys are out there doing it and they know the defense, there's no reason to pull them."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...h-get-10-sacks
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Porter: Dupree, Jones can each get 10+ sacks

I believe Bud can, I don't believe Jarvis can

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I believe Bud can, I don't believe Jarvis can
    I agree but this is what I would expect a coach to say about his players.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Peazy meant 10 regular sacks for Alvin and 10 Dong sacks for Jarvis.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Peazy meant 10 regular sacks for Alvin and 10 Dong sacks for Jarvis.
    I don't even think Jarvis will fall assbackwards into 10 dong sacks

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

This prediction is silly. What would it be based on? Previous season(s), or OTAs, or 1st week of camp? If Porter does get 10 sacks each out of those 2 guys, he's a much better coach than I give him credit for.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    This prediction is silly. What would it be based on? Previous season(s), or OTAs, or 1st week of camp? If Porter does get 10 sacks each out of those 2 guys, he's a much better coach than I give him credit for.
    Just a coach talking up and trying to motivate his guys.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert