Thread: Suspended WR Martavis Bryant to help coach high school team

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Suspended WR Martavis Bryant to help coach high school team

As the Pittsburgh Steelers begin training camp this week, suspended receiver Martavis Bryant is a few thousand miles away.

Bryant, the talented but troubled playmaker who has 17 touchdowns in two seasons, will spend the year in Henderson, Nevada, training and volunteering with a high school football team, according to his agent, Thomas Santanello..........

read more @http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17166580/martavis-bryant-pittsburgh-steelers-volunteer-high-school-football-team-nevada-suspension

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Suspended WR Martavis Bryant to help coach high school team

Most high school kids have no problem passing mandatory drug tests, especially when they know they're coming. Maybe he'll learn a thing or two.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

You get the best weed in high school.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He probably isn't the best guy to be putting around high school kids

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

As a high school sports coach, I would be against this. The ONLY reason he is available to be around the team is a bad reason. He can't stay off weed in order to make something of himself in the NFL.

He represents poor decision making, and I don't think he is in a position quite yet to use his mistakes as a teaching opportunity for these kids because he has yet to prove he has learned from his mistakes.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Oh. Good Lord. He smoked some weed and was dumb enough to get caught. I don't think we need to ban him from being around young men.

If anything, the fact that he is coaching some nothing HS team in Nevada rather than being in an NFL training camp readying himself for a likely starring role on a potentially record setting offense WILL serve as a pretty stark daily reminder to each kid on the team what the consequences of casual drug use can be.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Yep dumb enough to get caught.. Not once but twice. Sorry that's not a good role model for young adults wouldn't want my kids around him.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    Yep dumb enough to get caught.. Not once but twice. Sorry that's not a good role model for young adults wouldn't want my kids around him.

this 100 times

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

It's not necessarily about smoking weed. It's following freaking rules. Plain and simple.

As a coach I would want to teach my players discipline and leadership and Bryant embodies neither. His presence is counterproductive if you ask me.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~