Thread: New old guy

Member Array title="GRAYGHOST668 is an unknown quantity at this point"> GRAYGHOST668's Avatar

New old guy

I grew up about 35 miles from Pitt a little place called Leechburg,I was a fan before the days of Bradshaw,I have seen the good the bad and the ugly days,for me the best time to be a STEELERS fan was the 70's,that was when football was really football,,,ahhhhhh the good old day's,,

Member Array title="GRAYGHOST668 is an unknown quantity at this point"> GRAYGHOST668's Avatar

Re: New old guy

I have been away from forums for a while,and the smell of pigskin is in the air,I found this place and it looked homey to me so here I am,I am hoping the Steelers have one more Super Bowl in them before I am gone,they have the tools this could be their year

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Welcome to the forum! There's a few of us old guys around here. My time as a Steelers fan doesn't go back quite as far as yours but I've been a fan since around '74/'75.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

74/75 that is still a long time,this game has changed so much over the years in some ways it is better not as many bad injury's but the rules to protect the offensive players are just a to strict to suite me,I still watch it is still the best sport around

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Welcome to the board!

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Welcome aboard!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gratghost668 View Post
    I grew up about 35 miles from Pitt a little place called Leechburg,I was a fan before the days of Bradshaw,I have seen the good the bad and the ugly days,for me the best time to be a STEELERS fan was the 70's,that was when football was really football,,,ahhhhhh the good old day's,,
    Welcome!
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Welcome to the board!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Welcome aboard.

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

Welcome! This is a great place!!

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GRAYGHOST668 View Post
    74/75 that is still a long time,this game has changed so much over the years in some ways it is better not as many bad injury's but the rules to protect the offensive players are just a to strict to suite me,I still watch it is still the best sport around
    Yea, the game has definitely changed. I've always loved defense first so I find it more difficult to enjoy the current game where almost all of the rules favor the offense. Despite all of the changes, I agree, it's still the best sport around.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Welcome aboard!

Junior Member Array title="Mamaduck43 has a brilliant future">

Heck, my first Steelers home game was at Forbes Field - - - then Pitt Stadium, and a couple at Three Rivers.... The last time I was home was when they were laying the first sod in Heinz Field.... I have gone to away games in Denver and Green Bay, and a home game is still on my bucket list.... I am almost afraid to say this out loud, but it just might happen this season - - plans are being made and I will be a happy camper, for sure....

Welcome to the board....