Thread: Le'Veon Bell is latest Steelers player to embarrass ownership, teammates

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Le'Veon Bell is latest Steelers player to embarrass ownership, teammates

Alameda Ta’amu. Mike Adams. Chris Rainey. LeGarrette Blount. Martavis Bryant. Le’Veon Bell. I apologize if I’m forgetting any Steelers miscreants from the past five years. There have been so many, it’s hard to keep track.

And, to think, we used to laugh at the Cincinnati Bengals.

The Steelers Way took another kick in the teeth Friday with the ESPN announcement that Bell is facing a four-game suspension for missing a drug test. It’s hard to say what this damages more — the team’s on-field product this season or its off-field reputation. Dan Rooney turned 84 Wednesday. It’s safe to say the Bell news ruined The Ambassador’s birthday week.

If Bell’s appeal is turned down, which is likely, the Steelers will play the first four games against Washington, Cincinnati, Philadelphia and Kansas City without two of their top four offensive stars — Bell and Bryant, who is suspended for the season because of multiple failed/missed drug tests. Keep your fingers crossed that Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown stay healthy. If they don’t, it’s going to be a very long season..............

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/r...s/201607230049

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Le'Veon Bell is latest Steelers player to embarrass ownership, teammates

Won't someon think of the children!!!

does anyone have some pearls I can clutch?

news flash - young men under 30 like to drink and smoke. This leads to disappointment dumb decisions. Has always taken place. We just hear about it now. Mickey Mantle used to drink and party with hookers in the team hotel on the road. Anyone want to try and guess how many games LT played coked up? Other teams claim that the '70's era Steelers was basically an open pharmacy.

Is Bell a moron? Yes. I'm I pissed that it happened? Certainly. Do I need to make this in to some larger moral debate about role models? F THAT! Anyone who thinks athletes are worse now or it was better back when needs to realize that ALL of the same shenanigans was going on but no one reported on it and leagues, teams, and reporters all conspired to keep it covered up to make sure the gravy train kept running.

Chris Carter was released by at least one team because he couldn't keep his coke problem in check. That story never came out for years until Carter let it. Even Buddy Ryan stayed quiet about it. How long does that stay unreported no Way? 32 seconds?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Won't someone think of the children!!!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

should have drafted Eddie Lacy...

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    likely, the Steelers will play the first four games against Washington, Cincinnati, Philadelphia and Kansas City without two of their top four offensive stars — Bell and Bryant, who is suspended for the season because of multiple failed/missed drug tests.
    I've said this before, but it bears repeating at this juncture, which was something like; "I'm not calling for Tomlin to be fired, but if anything at all is going to put him on the hot seat, it's gonna be shit like this."
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Peon View Post
    I've said this before, but it bears repeating at this juncture, which was something like; "I'm not calling for Tomlin to be fired, but if anything at all is going to put him on the hot seat, it's gonna be shit like this."
    Not sure why, because as I've said before, these are grown men (albeit still very young) and Tomlin's not a babysitter.

If they can't muster up enough discipline to put the bong down long enough to not (possibly) cost themselves millions of dollars in future earnings, that kinda points more to a defect in their respective characters than Tomlin's ability as a coach, in my book.

And before someone chimes in with the "See?!? It's addictive!" argument, sorry, but with marijuana it really is just a matter of putting the bong down for a while. It's nothing like heroin, meth or crack as far as dependence is concerned - not even remotely close.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    should have drafted Eddie Lacy...
    Bong Dong vs Roley Poley.

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Bong Dong
    LOL! That's hilarious.
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright