Thread: RNC Convention

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

RNC Convention

Thoughts?

I went in "anyone but Hillary" but I can honestly say that Trump impressed me. I say give the guy a chance. Any insider politician is all but guaranteed to keep the machine moving, but Trump at least says things that people are thinking, things the typical career politician would NEVER say.

And, I think Trump will follow through with a legitimate attempt at doing what he plans to do.

With any kind of luck he can pull this out.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: RNC Convention

Authoritarian lines such as "I alone can fix it" and "I am not going to let companies move to other countries firing employees along the way" while putting little to no emphasis on freedom and the constitution is further confirmation that he wants to rule like a big government authoritarian and is looking for power.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

You better vote for barrys third term if your worried about big government authoritarian.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

I don't agree. I think he is more for what is best for the country than anything else. I'm willing to give him a shot. Also, him not being a career politician is a feather in his cap for me.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Authoritarian lines such as "I alone can fix it" and "I am not going to let companies move to other countries firing employees along the way" while putting little to no emphasis on freedom and the constitution is further confirmation that he wants to rule like a big government authoritarian and is looking for power.
    Once you ignore all the screaming and the headline-readers, Trump's actual plan is more like taking a hard stance on national safety while using America's tremendous leverage to negotiate better deals politically and economically. As opposed to Obama's policy of negotiating apologetically from a position of weakness, with white guilt as the predominant guide of domestic and foreign policy.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Trump is as much of an insider as any politician in D.C. He has bankrolled and benefited from the establishment his entire adult life and was one of Hillary's donor and pals conveniently before running against her. Trump just wants to be president because he wants power

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Trump is as much of an insider as any politician in D.C. He has bankrolled and benefited from the establishment his entire adult life and was one of Hillary's donor and pals conveniently before running against her. Trump just wants to be president because he wants power
    Exactly.

Trump has said over and over that he's not a politician (or more to the point, that he's new at being a politician). But you don't have to be elected to office to be a politician.

pol·i·ti·cian (pŏl′ĭ-tĭsh′ən)
    n.
    1. One who is actively involved or skilled in politics, especially one who holds a political office.

Trump has been involved in politics for a long time. He has had influence in policies ... and even elections:

Donald Trump plans to announce his support for GOP frontrunner Mitt Romney on Thursday, a source close to the Romney campaign confirms.

The news comes after some outlets reported Wednesday that Trump would be endorsing Newt Gingrich.

In the months that followed, almost all of the Republican candidates then went to Trump's New York office to kiss the ring.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/feb...omney-20120202
    While it's true Trump has never been elected to office, he is both a politician and an insider.