Thread: Gary Johnson for President?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Gary Johnson for President?

Why? or Why Not?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Gary Johnson for President?

Why? He'd probably make a better president than either of the two fuckballs running for the main parties. This is not a high bar to clear.

Why not? Nobody will vote for him.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I would vote for him if he had even a small chance of winning, but since he doesn't, I am writing in Cruz who is more in line with my values on some political issues. Still though, I do recognize that Johnson is way better than Dumb and Dumber over in the Republican and Democrat sides, two people who have no business being president

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

He's got my vote.

As for why: He is way more qualified than Trump/ Clinton, he's far more honest and consistent, and I agree with his philosophy on governance (which is what I really want from a President). It makes no difference to me whether he's "got a chance" or not. I vote for who I want and if that upsets the Republicans/ Democrats, too bad. They should run somebody I can get behind if they want my vote.
    If you happen to live in a state that's not in play (like California or Oklahoma), it makes absolutely no sense to vote for Trump/ Clinton if you don't actually want them. Understand that in that case your vote has absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election. Your vote can, however, have an effect on elections going forward by demonstrating enough support to get a 3rd party into the polling and debates.

As for why not: Personally, I disagree with his stance on illegal immigration. In general, if you live in a swing state, your vote *might* actually influence the outcome of the election. In that case... I can see holding my nose and picking a candidate I don't actually like. I don't personally vote that way (see above), but I can understand why someone else would.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

As of today, I'm voting for Gary Johnson. A few reasons why but mostly because he balanced the freaking budget, and came out with a surplus, and without raising taxes. This tells me he has common sense at least. As for why not to vote for him, I'm not sure how much he can get done with both parties refusing to vote with him on anything. He will get zero support from Dems or Reps on any issue. Huh, we might see a united congress for a change.