Thread: 3 keys from Haley on OTAs

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

3 keys from Haley on OTAs

Offensive coordinator Todd Haley gives his take on OTAs.

OTA install: The Steelers have a total of 10 OTAs and a three day minicamp before they take a little over a month long break until training camp. It’s the perfect opportunity for the coaches to introduce what will come in training camp at Saint Vincent College in July, and give the players time to get comfortable before the pads come in late this summer.

“You want to lay a foundation for what you are going to be doing,” said offensive coordinator Todd Haley. “How we set it up we get to install what we are going to install in training camp. It’s a first dry run through if you will. For us as coaches, it’s a chance to tweak or change things we may want to see that didn’t look the way we wanted them to. A lot of different levels go into it.

“That being said in year five for me it’s a little more advanced than in the beginning when it was truly teaching sessions. We have so many guys that have been around that understand the language, the concepts we are talking about that we are able to fine tune things and really get in depth in coaching the details.”............

read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article...4-2be07e46f8b7

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: 3 keys from Haley on OTAs

#4 - How will Ben's mortal enemy game plan without a fast midget at RB?

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Re: 3 keys from Haley on OTAs

man...its already year five with him?!?!?!

time flies too fast

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch