Thread: Coates shaping up for second season

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Coates shaping up for second season

Last year was a learning experience for Sammie Coates, a chance for the rookie receiver to understand what the NFL was all about, from being in tiptop condition to dealing with limited playing time because of the talent ahead of him.

But the best thing he learned, was to grow from everything he experienced. To take the good and the bad, and use it to take his game to the next level.

“The biggest thing I learned is to be in great shape,” said Coates. “You always think you are in great shape. When I got here and saw the speed changed, I got in better shape when the season went on. You have to be in shape before the season starts.”

Coates spent the offseason in Pittsburgh, and was a regular at the UPMC Rooney Sports Complex to ensure that he is in the best shape of his life heading into his second season.

“I feel great now,” said Coates during the team's OTAs. “I took care of my body this offseason.............

read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article...2-939d5f598247

Member Array title="Skinart82 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Re: Coates shaping up for second season

Love this kid, really hope he pans out and has a great season!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He was getting open and making big catches in training camp last year. Let's hope he can put it together and shine year 2

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

With Bryant being an idiot, this is Coates' big chance to stand out. Golden Opportunity for him this season.

I just hope he takes it.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Sammy has plenty of motivation.

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant