Thread: Penguins' superstars dominate Game 6 to push conference finals to the max

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Penguins' superstars dominate Game 6 to push conference finals to the max

For 40 minutes of this Eastern Conference finals game, it didn't really matter who was in goal for the Pittsburgh Penguins -- Matt Murray, Marc-Andre Fleury, Gilles Meloche or even Sidney Crosby's dad, Troy, who was in fact a fine goaltender back in the day.
    That's how good the Penguins were in rolling up a 3-0 lead through two periods over the Tampa Bay Lightning.

And then, when they needed him most, the young man who 48 hours earlier wasn't deemed to be good enough to be in the Penguins' goal, saved their season.

To say it has been a tumultuous few days for the Penguins is a colossal understatement.

But in the wake of their 5-2 win Tuesday night, rest assured the next 48 hours will bring less tumult but no shortage of drama as these two teams will play one final game Thursday night, with the winner going to the Stanley Cup finals.........

Read more @ http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15...rmances-game-6

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

Re: Penguins' superstars dominate Game 6 to push conference finals to the max

The funny part is all the Leafs fans who blamed Phil Kessel for all their problems and he is now the Pens leading scorer over Malkin and Crosby.

I hope he gets the Conn Smythe just for the added salt in the wound hahahaha.