Thread: Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell eager to shed injury-prone label

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell eager to shed injury-prone label

Football has never been the issue for Le'Veon Bell.

When he’s on the field, there might be no one better.

Bell seems to recognize the gravity of the next few months. He’s looking to shed the injury-prone label after finishing back-to-back seasons with a knee issue. He’ll be a free agent after the 2016 season, and he can ensure his future with the Pittsburgh Steelers via a long-term contract. He can also reclaim his place as a fantasy football machine with an early-season splash, less than a year after major knee surgery to repair a torn medial collateral ligament.

All that comes with a caveat: He must play smart. The delicate balance many running backs struggle to find is remaining powerful and punishing without being reckless, especially coming off a complicated injury.

Bell aims to find it.......

read more @ http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ll-the-numbers

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell eager to shed injury-prone label

Like I want to click through to the article, but I know it will just infuriate me.

Bell's injuries have nothing to do with playing or running style.

One was an unfortunate helmet to the knee and the other was a deliberate attempt to tear ligaments at worst and a cheap shot at best. If I remember properly, one was basically in the open field and one was while he was going down/out of bounds.

So I mean, I could read the whole article, but since the opening positions it as a steaming pile of un-researched, non-thoughtful, poo - why?

The better and more interesting/useful article would be to compare Bell to RBs with similar injuries. Also look at the career trajectories of RBs with similar usage rates in their respective offenses and attempt to forecast what Bell's future looks like versus the dollars he could command on the open market. What would all that take? About 3 hours of research on Google? Maybe a couple of bucks for some memberships to some stat services? Another 4 hours to write the thing out? So, a workday? Two at the outside?

Senior Member Array title="Buckinnuts is on a distinguished road"> Buckinnuts's Avatar

injury prone?...both years by the same guy?ok

KNOCKIN ON 7'S DOOR!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buckinnuts View Post
    Well, sure! Don't you realize that a guy's knee should be able to withstand a 250-lb man diving into it from the side?

Although I will admit there actually is a valid fear that he could start "running scared" and turn into a giant wuss like Spin-and-Fall was.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buckinnuts View Post
    Same team, not same guy. Nelson got him the year before last when he dove right at his knee with his helmet and then Burfict twisted him around and pulled him backward last year.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Same team, not same guy. Nelson got him the year before last when he dove right at his knee with his helmet and then Burfict twisted him around and pulled him backward last year.
    Ahhhhhh....details...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I would not call him injury prone, I just hope he stays healthy and that no one gets him injured