Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report: Steelers won't resign Michael Vick

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Report: Steelers won't resign Michael Vick

Report: Steelers won't resign Michael Vick

by Bryan DeArdo

The Michael Vick era in Pittsburgh appears to have officially ended.

On Thursday, steelers.com's Bob Labriola left Vick's name off of the list of the four quarterbacks Pittsburgh is inviting to this year's training camp, essentially saying that Vick is not in the team's plans moving forward.

"It looks as though the Steelers will go to training camp with Ben Roethlisberger, Landry Jones, Bruce Gradkowski, and Dustin Vaughan as the four quarterbacks on the roster," Labriola wrote.

Now, it appears that the only scenario that would lead to Vick coming back to Pittsburgh would be if there was an injury to one of the Steelers' quarterbacks, which was the case when the Steelers signed him after Gradkowski suffered a season-ending injury midway through the preseason.

Outside of the magic he displayed in San Diego, Vick didn't have many other memorable moments on the football field last season. While he played well in his first start, Pittsburgh's Week 4 Thursday night game against the Ravens, Pittsburgh lost the game after the team missed two field goals and failed to convert on two scoring opportunities in overtime. In Week 6, an ineffective and injured Vick was replaced in the second half by Landry Jones, who led the Steelers to a Week 6 win over the Cardinals.

Vick, who was still a free agent, discussed his appreciation for the Steelers' franchise earlier this offseason.

“I love the Steelers organization,” Vick told steelers.com. “I love Coach Tomlin. I love the players I am around. I love my teammates. It was an awesome experience this year to compete throughout the playoffs. That’s what I came here for.”

On several occasions, Vick has said that he wants to play one more season before ending one of the most controversial careers in NFL history...

to read rest of article:

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Report...-Vick-45398409

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Report: Steelers won't resign Michael Vick

He's done. I honestly don't see any team picking him up.

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

Is Vick a top 5 Steelers QB ever? You tell me.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I appreciate the efforts of Vick with the Steelers. He played hard and tried his hardest to win. I wish him nothing but the best.

He just doesn't have it anymore, and the Steelers simply can do better.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Duh

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Don't know why you would want to keep a guy you don't trust to do anything more than hand the ball off. Heck, I'll do that for vet min.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Only player in the NFL to have shutdown Antonio Brown in the last three years ....

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Only player in the NFL to have shutdown Antonio Brown in the last three years ....

Senior Member Array title="MrPgh has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by LloydWoodson View Post
    I guess they should have made Vick the starter instead of releasing him!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

1 and 2: Bradshaw/Roethlisberger - order's debatable.

3. Neil O'Donnell

4. Kordell Stewart

5. Whoever sucked the least after Stewart(?) Perhaps Len Dawson due to his pedigree AFTER he left the Steelers, but that doesn't really count and was before my time anyway. Pickings get quite slim after #2.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

3. Neil O'Donnell

4. Kordell Stewart

5. Whoever sucked the least after Stewart(?) Perhaps Len Dawson due to his pedigree AFTER he left the Steelers, but that doesn't really count and was before my time anyway. Pickings get quite slim after #2.
    Maybe Brister or Gilliam? But you are right, the pickings are thin! I remember the excitement that the start of the Jim Miller era drew - not looking forward to going through all that again!

Oh. Wait. The answer might be Tomczack.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Maybe Brister or Gilliam? But you are right, the pickings are thin! I remember the excitement that the start of the Jim Miller era drew - not looking forward to going through all that again!

Oh. Wait. The answer might be Tomczack.
    That was Bill Cowher's "gut instinct" after camp. I remember that vividly and need therapy. By halftime in the first game, he got rocked. The Bus probably thought, "What am I doing here? This is the Steelers, right?"

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Mark (I look like Tom Selleck) Malone was a top tier back up QB that played well in spots for us. Gets zero credit, but better than Stewart, IMO.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Is that a serious question?
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Tom Brady lands in top five most hated NFL players of all time

Posted by Mike Florio on May 20, 2016

If you love Tom Brady, you really love him. And if you hate Tom Brady, you apparently really hate him.

Brady has landed at No. 5 on the list of the most hated NFL players. It’s a list not only of the players who currently are in the game, but also of all players who ever played the game.

The click-harvest slideshow from SportingNews.com has Mike Vick at No. 1, Terrell Owens at No. 2, Ndamukong Suh at No. 3, Greg Hardy at No. 4, and Brady at No. 5.

The rest of the top 10 includes Ray Lewis, Bill Romanowski, Ben Roethlisberger, Adam “Pacman” Jones, and Adrian Peterson.

to read rest of article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-of-all-time/

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Not even top 15.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

wasnt even better than landry jones

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="MrPgh has a spectacular aura about">

3. Neil O'Donnell

4. Kordell Stewart

Kordell as the 4th best QB in Steelers history? Should we laugh or cry?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPgh View Post
    Kordell as the 4th best QB in Steelers history? Should we laugh or cry?
    Cry - our QBs have historically blown.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

If you love Tom Brady, you really love him. And if you hate Tom Brady, you apparently really hate him.

Brady has landed at No. 5 on the list of the most hated NFL players. It’s a list not only of the players who currently are in the game, but also of all players who ever played the game.
    Patriots "Fans": THEY HAET TOM CUZ DEY JELLUS HATURS!!!1111 BRADY IZ TEH GREATEST BESTEST QUARTERBACK EVUUURRR!!!1111 JELLY HATURSS!!!!111

Like when they cried like bitches when Marcia got booed at Super Bowl 50.

Nobody accused Patriots fans of being smart.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

3. Neil O'Donnell

4. Kordell Stewart

i would have put maddox at number 4. IMO he was better than korkie

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Is that a serious question?
    No. No it wasn't. It did stimulate a little conversation in the slow offseason though.

Michael Vick you da real MVP.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone think the front office should have signed Vick when the Eagles did?

Could there have been a competition for the role of starting QB?

Does anyone think the front office should have signed Vick when the Eagles did?

Could there have been a competition for the role of starting QB?
    Vick was a great athlete, but he never played well at QB. Doesn't seem to have the mental acuity necessary. Terrible at reads.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Vick was a great athlete, but he never played well at QB. Doesn't seem to have the mental acuity necessary. Terrible at reads.
    And often the WR look bad with Vick.We saw that with Brown last year, but it was the same thing with Roddy White in Atlanta in 2005 and 2006.

And often the WR look bad with Vick.We saw that with Brown last year, but it was the same thing with Roddy White in Atlanta in 2005 and 2006.
    I think that the brain has to be the strongest muscle for a franchise QB, not his legs or his arm. Of course, they need to be able to make the throws, but the brains set them apart. Brady, as much as i don't like him, shows that the physical tools are not as important as the mental ones, the intangibles. Film study, quick decision making, nerves of steel, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    I think that the brain has to be the strongest muscle for a franchise QB, not his legs or his arm. Of course, they need to be able to make the throws, but the brains set them apart. Brady, as much as i don't like him, shows that the physical tools are not as important as the mental ones, the intangibles. Film study, quick decision making, nerves of steel, etc.

I agree and I think Ben has improved a lot in this aspect in the last few years, which is one of the reason why I think Roethlisberger still has a few good seasons ahead of him(at least 3-4 seasons.)

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lol. Was there any thought that they would re-sign him?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

nobody will , lets face it look how long it took him to get a look last year and when given another chance to play he failed to do anything more than most of us could have done ...

for that reason his chances are over

Favre will get more feelers to his availability than Vick

Mike Vick ..... you are the weakest link

What year will Vick make the HOF as the greatest scrambling QB of all time? Is Vick first ballot?