Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Report: Steelers won't resign Michael Vick

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Report: Steelers won't resign Michael Vick

Quote Originally Posted by LloydWoodson View Post
    What year will Vick make the HOF as the greatest scrambling QB of all time? Is Vick first ballot?
    he won't , or at least shouldn't ..

QB by definition wins games via their arm Vick was never one to consistently do that .

Senior Member Array title="MrPgh has a spectacular aura about">

It's starting to sound like someone wanted Vick to stick around and maybe even be the starter.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrPgh View Post
    It's starting to sound like someone wanted Vick to stick around and maybe even be the starter.
    He certainly is enamored with Vick. He also likes Jarvis Jones. I am wondering if he is/was a Wallace fan too.
    Hater = Realist

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    He certainly is enamored with Vick. He also likes Jarvis Jones. I am wondering if he is/was a Wallace fan too.
    Nobody ran in a straight line better than Wallace! He was amazing! So fast!

I emailed Mike Wallace and he said he would send me an autographed jersey for $3,000 so now I'm just saving up.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

What year will Vick make the HOF as the greatest scrambling QB of all time? Is Vick first ballot?
    Mike Vick was the first QB to ever gain 1000 yards rushing in a season, he may very well have a special wing in the HOF to commemorate that achievement.

but he'll never be fully inducted...

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

I fully believe that Michael Vick is the best lefthanded QB to wear #7, lead QBs in rushing yards and be convicted on charges related to dog fighting. Of that there is no doubt.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Nobody ran in a straight line better than Wallace! He was amazing! So fast!

I emailed Mike Wallace and he said he would send me an autographed jersey for $3,000 so now I'm just saving up.
    Ok, Steeldawg.
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Randall was better than Vick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Randall was better than Vick.
    Absolutely. I could see a case being made for Cunningham making it as a finalist at some point. Though I still think in the end he falls short. But to the point, you're right Randall was a much better NFL player than Mike Vick.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Absolutely. I could see a case being made for Cunningham making it as a finalist at some point. Though I still think in the end he falls short. But to the point, you're right Randall was a much better NFL player than Mike Vick.

Agree than Randall was better than Vick but he not deserve to be a finalist for the hof.Its percentage of sacks was far too high when he was with the Eagles.Maybe it was the fault of Buddy Ryan too.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrPgh View Post
    I think someone's sarcasm meter is on the blink.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

If be on the phone to the Rams today looking to trade for Nick Foles. He'd be an instant upgrade to the back up QB and he's only going to cost about $1.7M.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steelermania is a jewel in the rough">

Vick had a lot of things going against him. It wasn't until he came here that I realized how small he is. Looking at him on the sidelines, he can't be more than 5'10". For a guy who wasn't that accurate as a passer, his lack of height had to make things very difficult for him. He's nowhere near as good as Cunningham was. Cunningham was kind of like Rich Gannon, a guy who was decent for a lot of years, then hit his stride fairly late, and was elite for a couple of years. Vick in his prime was maybe the most explosive athlete ever to step on an NFL field. That put the fear in defenses, and allowed him to be fairly effective in a non traditional way for a few years. Once he lost a step, the gig was up for him.

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

Im the only one who wants to let Landry grow as the backuo huh lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

So is it safe to fix my avatar now?
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    So is it safe to fix my avatar now?
    He is no longer on the roster, so I would say yes.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Outstanding! Last season was difficult for me. I've never had to intentionally avoid watching Steelers games before.
    Now you will all be forced to look at my ugly mug
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Outstanding! Last season was difficult for me. I've never had to intentionally avoid watching Steelers games before.
    Slash is officially back.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I'll be sure to kick a dog in your honor.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

But, but, but, the dog fighting thing was socially acceptable where he grew up, and people do all kinds of things that are worse than that to humans and don't go to jail, and those weren't even his dogs, and he's just the scapegoat and it's only an issue because he's famous, and if he came from a wealthier upbringing or one of those Asian countries we wouldn't even care if he did this,..........

Not a Vick fan, and the people who defend what he did are ass clowns also. Good riddance.

Well... my issue was never with the dog fighting thing. I just objected to having a convicted felon on the team. I would've rather gone 0-16 than support that.

It's over now and good riddance, so GO STEELERS!!