Thread: Rookie goaltender Murray stealing the show for Penguins

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Rookie goaltender Murray stealing the show for Penguins

Matt Murray isn't in the mood to think about what it all means, this ride that he's on. The NHL's best team on the other side of the ice. His mentor watching from bench. An arena chanting his name.

For the moment, there is only the next game, the next shot. That's all that concerns the Pittsburgh Penguins rookie goaltender. Not the ripple effects his playoff run will have on his career, the franchise he plays for or the long-term future of Marc-Andre Fleury, whose guidance is one of the reasons Murray has become so good, so fast.

"I want to win," Murray said. "On a personal level, I think it really doesn't matter. Everything else is noise to me."

And just like everything else thrown at Murray these days, he's blocking it out........

read more @ http://bigstory.ap.org/article/eeade...-show-penguins

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Rookie goaltender Murray stealing the show for Penguins

I have season tickets for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and I had the privilege of seeing Murray re-write the AHL record books in person last year. I'm thrilled to see him kicking ass in the NHL so far.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Again, my hockey knowledge is worthless but I'm impressed w/Murray.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Murray has been exceptional. No way I even consider taking him out until he shows he's "off" one night... if that even happens. Even Captain caveman had a few words to mumble in his ear after he froze the puck last night... who's in who's head?