Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NFL Draft: Best remaining prospects

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: 2016 NFL Draft: Best remaining prospects

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkitty View Post
    One " Sleeper " guy to look at today...The Center from Notre Dame Nick Martin. He is a heady player who plays the Steeler way. And he can be plugged in at C & G. Don't know if he is Value at 58...but he likely won't last to us in round 3 either.

I not want drafted a high draft pick to be a backup.....

I break my TV if it happens.

Banned Array title="steelerkitty will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I not want drafted a high draft pick to be a backup.....

I break my TV if it happens.

But given our Starting Center is a Broken down, weak bodied Gang-Banger...Martin would not be a Back-up for long would he ?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

But given our Starting Center is a Broken down, weak bodied Gang-Banger...Martin would not be a Back-up for long would he ?
    Wallace is a good backup....

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I was with you... until this post.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I was with you... until this post.

Sorry but as talented as he can be...Pouncey still acts the fool, especially when he is away from the field hanging with his Brother...who is worse. And forgetting the off the field stuff...he just costs too much and gets banged up too often.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

If they somehow get Billings and KJ Dillon...
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

We will address two of three needs tonight, either WR-OLB ( Pass rusher )...or DL. We won't hit any other positions til Saturday.
    WR is NOT a need for this season.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Sorry but as talented as he can be...Pouncey still acts the fool, especially when he is away from the field hanging with his Brother...who is worse. And forgetting the off the field stuff...he just costs too much and gets banged up too often.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Wallace is a good backup....
    Not really. He's barely adequate.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

word is Ray Lewis kid is being brought up on sexual misconduct charges

not kidding

No failed drug tests, no arrests, no DUIs. I must be missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    If they somehow get Billings and KJ Dillon...
    Great call.

I'd take almost any of the aforementioned DTs... and, yep, Dillon in R3 is a great idea.

NOTE: As I've mention in other threads, I'd move Dillon to FS (he's actually got better ball skills than he does "in the box" skills)... and move Mitchell to SS.

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Personally, I don't want to go DL in the second round. Give me another DB, probably a S.

Why? Your first two picks should be starters by their second season. Even if it's a NT, the Steelers are in the nickel/dime 60-70% of the time, taking your NT off the field essentially making him a backup player when it comes to playing time. We need a S, and I wouldn't turn down another CB because eventually Gay isn't going to be good anymore and Cockriel may turn out to just be a nickel/dime CB.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDefense View Post
    Personally, I don't want to go DL in the second round. Give me another DB, probably a S.

Why? Your first two picks should be starters by their second season. Even if it's a NT, the Steelers are in the nickel/dime 60-70% of the time, taking your NT off the field essentially making him a backup player when it comes to playing time. We need a S, and I wouldn't turn down another CB because eventually Gay isn't going to be good anymore and Cockriel may turn out to just be a nickel/dime CB.
    who spells Tuitt and Heyward? a DL selection doesnt just make us better at NT, it makes Heyward and Tuitt a lot better too. We left a lot of W's on the table simply on the basis of Heyward/Tuitt gassing out, even though they have great motors they're only human. The denver game is one example
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Need a rotational at worst DE and a position flexible "Super Sub/Starter" at best on the Dline. Kinda like a killer 6th man in basketball. That is what the Steelers need across the defensive front. Not sure of player or round, but it needs to happen or Tuitt and Heyward are going to burn out.

As to Pouncey - none of what has been posted (aside from injuries) is even true. I mean, if we don't care about facts, then I guess we can just say anything. Here are the center contracts. Pouncey is locked up until 2020 at a rate below other comparable players and with less % guaranteed. Meaning if these injury things continue, there is an out for the Steelers. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/center/

Starting in 2017, Pouncey is cheaper to cut than to pay. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburg...rkice-pouncey/

If Pouncey can stay healthy, his contract is reaching the team friendly portion, It sucks that when he was earning most of the contract $$ he was hurt, but what can you do? It is all a gamble. But replacing him is about 97th on the list of priorities. I would sooner replace Timmons than Pouncey.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

So could Reed actually be there at #58 as suggested a few months back by someone ?

naaaah ....

but it looks like there will be a very good DT waiting at 58 question is will they take one there or wait till rd 3 and grab a S at 58 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    So could Reed actually be there at #58 as suggested a few months back by someone ?

naaaah ....

but it looks like there will be a very good DT waiting at 58 question is will they take one there or wait till rd 3 and grab a S at 58 ?
    I hope that you're right... because, Reed at 58 would be a steal.
    As would Billings.
    Or, Robinson.

GOOD QUESTION:
    S then DT ...or... DT then S

(I'll think about that one today, while I'm at SeaWorld.)

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Does anyone have access, to see the other 22?
    here are Mayock's top available players: (in order)

Myles Jack
    A'Shawn Robinson
    Jarran Reed
    Reggie Ragland
    Emmanuel Ogbah
    Kevin Dodd
    Noah Spence
    Jihad Ward
    Jason Spriggs
    Hunter Henry
    Nick Martin
    Kamalei Correa
    Cyrus Jones
    Cody Whitehair
    Sterling Shepard
    Andrew Billings
    Michael Thomas
    Mackensie Alexander
    Jerrel Adams
    Carl Nassib
    Devontae Booker
    Su'a Cravens
    Le'Raven Clark
    Javon Hargrave
    Vonn Bell
    Tyler Boyd
    Chris Jones
    Austin Johnson

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post

naaaah ....
    naaaah is correct. that poster who suggested that has never been right before and he won't be this time either.

both Mel Kiper and Mike Mayock have Jarran Reed as the third highest ranked player still available, he will be picked before the Steelers select at #58...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

All 3 Bama players will go off the board fast.

I expect 2 RB's in round 2.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

re: Pouncey, we don't even need to think about addressing the center position. We have an All-Pro starter, and without him, the line still performed the best it has in years. I would not be opposed to trying to deal him in a year or two if that was what netted us a star player at another key position, or was the difference between keeping one or not (Pouncey vs. Bell, for instance - that's a no-brainer to me). That is primarily a money thing. In that case we would need at least an above-average center, but those players exist.

As far as DL goes, I think we absolutely take one here unless the top 3 of Billings, Reed and Robinson are all gone, and I guess Hargraves. I'd even consider trading up a couple spots to get in front of those pesky Bengals if the player we want is there. Otherwise there is a big fat donut hole in the middle.

And as mentioned before, I don't think a DT we take here would be off the field two-thirds of the time. Shitty DTs come off the field in sub packages. Good DTs who can disrupt the pocket stay on and a shitty linebacker comes off instead. Makes sense, since there is really no such thing as a two-man rush in the NFL, so even in the nickel or dime, one of your LBs is rushing the passer, or in other words doing the same thing a lineman would be doing, only at a significant size disadvantage.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

ILB Jack
    OLB Spence
    DT Hargrave
    DT Billings
    DT Robinson
    DT Reed
    DT Jones
    DT Johnson
    DE Bullard
    DE Day
    SS Cravens
    SS Thompson
    SS Bell
    OLB Correa
    OLB Calhoun
    OLB Dodd

That is 15... I think one of them will be there at 58.

NOTE: In the past two drafts, Tomlin has tried to trade up to get "his guy". He couldn't get ODB (nor Aaron Donald) in 2014, nor could he get Landon Collins in 2015. Third time's a charm!!!
    16 players... leaves 11 other picks.

RB Henry
    TE Henry
    WR Thomas
    QB Cook
    ILB Ragland
    CB Alexander
    CB Howard

...I need 4 more to secure a player from my list.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

16 players... leaves 11 other picks.

RB Henry
    TE Henry
    WR Thomas
    QB Cook
    ILB Ragland
    CB Alexander
    CB Howard

...I need 4 more to secure a player from my list.

You need some OL

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    You need some OL
    Bingo!!!

Titans could be a trade partner. They are two picks in the 40s, wonder if they'd help us out since we have the LeBeau connection?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Titans could be a trade partner. They are two picks in the 40s, wonder if they'd help us out since we have the LeBeau connection?

I would say hell yes to this (it was one of my crazy scenarios). Two picks in the top half of round 2 is exactly what we want. Billings at 2/1 and we could either take our pick of CB/S at 2/12, or take a gamble on a player like Jack or Spence. I'd even be willing to include next year's first for that kind of deal. If we could somehow keep our existing #58 pick too by tossing in lower picks, I'd almost be willing to do that and call it a draft.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Dr.James Andrews just Informed Myles Jack that he will NOT need any further Surgery, and that his knee will be 100 % within 4-6 months. Man, talk about Info that would have been helpful to him YESTERDAY!!!

Good for him though. I suspect with this news...Jack will come off the board pretty fast.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

if Reed, Robinson, Billings, Hargraves, and Spence are all gone by #58 im going to flip...
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    if Reed, Robinson, Billings, Hargraves, and Spence are all gone by #58 im going to flip...

Hargraves will be there, but he is not close to being a 2nd round pick. More like in the 10-20 range in round 3.

Dr.James Andrews just Informed Myles Jack that he will NOT need any further Surgery, and that his knee will be 100 % within 4-6 months. Man, talk about Info that would have been helpful to him YESTERDAY!!!

Good for him though. I suspect with this news...Jack will come off the board pretty fast.
    The issue was never that he might need microfracture surgery now. It's that the original surgery removed something like 80% of the contact surface between bone and cartilage, so that knee is going to wear out SUPER quick and then it will need microfracture surgery or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Get ready to flip, then ... I would bet money that they all will be (Hargraves the one possible exception). I'm polishing my dog-kicking shoes up right now in anticipation of that.
    See you Space Cowboy ...