Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft Day 2016 thread

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

NFL Draft Day 2016 thread

GO!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: NFL Draft Day 2016 thread

I'm so excited ... now Sam Bradford gets to find out who the guy is that he's been throwing a shitfit about!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Here's a link to NFL.com's 2016 Draft Tracker. It shows all players picked and the pool of players yet to be picked with ratings for each player.

It helps the draft experience keeping this link as one of your open windows. Enjoy!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracke...ntpage-tracker

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I'll be back when the draft starts in an hour!
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    GO!
    great idea for a thread, thanks for starting it up...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

That is an awesome stat.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Here's a link to NFL.com's 2016 Draft Tracker. It shows all players picked and the pool of players yet to be picked with ratings for each player.

It helps the draft experience keeping this link as one of your open windows. Enjoy!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracke...ntpage-tracker
    thanks for reminding me of this tracker, it really is a helpful tool that enhances the draft experience!

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

I'm currently sitting in flag and majorette tryouts for my high school band instead of sitting at home and drinking beer to get ready for the draft. Try to contain your jealousy of me, folks. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I've been pushing for a CB to be taken high in the draft for years but I gotta say, I'm just not feeling any of these CBs that should be available when it's our pick in round 1.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Nice in theory except Steelers 3rd most sacks in NFL in 2015, but 30th in pass defense https://t.co/ozmJ8eFKou
    — Ed Bouchette (@EdBouchette) April 28, 2016
    Thanks Ed, maybe you should try watching a game or two so you can see that number of sacks =/= consistent pressure. Not that we DON'T need a DB or two, but to me this looks like more of the smug "Avoid a Defensive Tackle at All Costs - LOOK HOW SMART I AM" schtick.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I've been pushing for a CB to be taken high in the draft for years but I gotta say, I'm just not feeling any of these CBs that should be available when it's our pick in round 1.
    I agree. Odds are pretty long that Alexander is available, and he's the only one I would really want over a stud DT like Billings or Butler. Jackson maybe. I really hope we don't take Apple.

Round 2 - Xavien Howard. That's the guy I'm hoping for, who could really help us for a much more reasonable price.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I picked Marcus Peters in last year's Steelers Universe mock draft contest and I'm still bummed that he didn't last until it was our turn...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Will Goodell continue his long-standing tradition of hiding behind military members at the podium in an attempt to shield himself from the cascade of boos?

The world awaits with breathless anticipation...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I picked Marcus Peters in last year's Steelers Universe mock draft contest and I'm still bummed that he didn't last until it was our turn...
    Yea, he would've been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I really hope we don't take Apple.

Pittsburgh Steelers:

4/27: Eli Apple is Pittsburgh's primary target. - Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors/...5LO6IT8LHgJ.99

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Pittsburgh Steelers:

4/27: Eli Apple is Pittsburgh's primary target. - Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

its the lying season , front office will not tip their hand to a reporter who's job is to report ...

- - - Updated - - -

remember the Jerome Simpson leak

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

It will be Apple if he's there.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    Yep, Imo, it's between Billings and Apple.

- - - Updated - - -

They may have been 3rd in sacks, But they still lack consistent pressure on the QB.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Thanks Ed, maybe you should try watching a game or two so you can see that number of sacks =/= consistent pressure. Not that we DON'T need a DB or two, but to me this looks like more of the smug "Avoid a Defensive Tackle at All Costs - LOOK HOW SMART I AM" schtick.

I agree. Odds are pretty long that Alexander is available, and he's the only one I would really want over a stud DT like Billings or Butler. Jackson maybe. I really hope we don't take Apple.

Round 2 - Xavien Howard. That's the guy I'm hoping for, who could really help us for a much more reasonable price.

what Ed didnt tell you was 22 of those sacks ( that got us to 3rd ) came in 4 games that where blowouts , a dozen in 2 games vs the Browns

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Goff or Wentz?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Pittsburgh Steelers:

yup, he's tall fast and from Ohio State.

only question is whether he makes it to #25...

It will be Goff to the Rams.

Banned Array title="steelerkitty will become famous soon enough">

Pittsburgh Steelers:

I can see the banners now..." An APPLE on SunDAY keeps the WR away "

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

It'll be interesting where the Chargers go, last night heard they'll go Ronnie Stanley, now it may be Buckner or Ramsey.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Goff or Wentz?
    Goff to the Rams. Fisher needs to win now...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    It'll be interesting where the Chargers go, last night heard they'll go Ronnie Stanley, now it may be Buckner or Ramsey.
    They should take Ramsey since they need to replace Weddle. I just hope that Ramsey doesn't fall to the Ravens.

Spoiler picks or nah?

Goodell boos coming. Always the best part.

Ramsey won't get passed the Jags, so I don't worry about Baltimore getting him, can see them getting Tunsil though.