Thread: Steelers Open to Re-Signing Gradkowski After Draft

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers Open to Re-Signing Gradkowski After Draft

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: Steelers Open to Re-Signing Gradkowski After Draft

And release Vick? I'll take it.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

meh , not sure at this point he can step out of the shower and not get hurt

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    meh , not sure at this point he can step out of the shower and not get hurt
    If only he showered.....

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

ugh...lose lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I'd rather see the Steelers pick a quarterback up in the later rounds and develop him for a backup role.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I'd rather see the Steelers pick a quarterback up in the later rounds and develop him for a backup role.
    We definitely need to draft a developmental QB but if Ben gets hurt in game 1, I'd rather have Gradkowski coming in to play instead of Jones or a rookie QB.

At this point, Gradkowski is really just the lesser of many evils.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

They're most likely holding out hope for Hoyer. Still hasn't signed anywhere.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    And release Vick? I'll take it.
    Word on Vick, after a suspect pic on his Instagram, is that he's retiring. Thank goodness...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

In other words, if anyone we like falls to Round 6 or so, we take him instead of re-signing Gradkowski. If we're SOL, we re-sign Gradkowski.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    In other words, if anyone we like falls to Round 6 or so, we take him instead of re-signing Gradkowski. If we're SOL, we re-sign Gradkowski.
    That's about it... and they still don't have enough faith in Landry to even name him #2

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Would you guys freak out if we drafted Dak Prescott in the 4th? Personally I hope we dont even use a flyer on a qb til after our mid round picks are spent...

I feel like every team out there is looking to draft CB Kalan Reed way higher than projected and for good reason. And i want him more badly than almost anyone in this draft
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Would you guys freak out if we drafted Dak Prescott in the 4th? Personally I hope we dont even use a flyer on a qb til after our mid round picks are spent...

I feel like every team out there is looking to draft CB Kalan Reed way higher than projected and for good reason. And i want him more badly than almost anyone in this draft

This team is built to win now while Ben is still great. I don't want a quarterback taken with a draft pick at all.....maybe the seventh round. I think they should be all in with putting as much talent around Ben in the starting 22 players. If Ben gets hurt, they're not winning a Super Bowl anyway. Why use a high pick on a player that will hardly see the field for years.

I was extremely upset when they drafted Landry Jones when they had a bad aging roster, a ton of needs, and Big Ben still with his best years ahead of him. I still think it was a mistake to take Jones when they could have used that pick on a position player that could be helping the team on an every down basis right now.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I was extremely upset when they drafted Landry Jones when they had a bad aging roster, a ton of needs, and Big Ben still with his best years ahead of him. I still think it was a mistake to take Jones when they could have used that pick on a position player that could be helping the team on an every down basis right now.

While your overall point is valid, I'm not sure if they could have done what you said. Looking back at it, probably 97 or 98 of the next 100 players in that particular draft either sucked ass or wouldn't have helped us. But no, I don't see what we got by drafting Jones and I wouldn't make a similar move now either, unless it was with a VERY late pick (R6 or R7).

Unless you're looking for the REAL successor to Ben, you are basically just wasting your time and your draft picks dicking around with these longshot QBs in the middle rounds.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    This team is built to win now while Ben is still great. I don't want a quarterback taken with a draft pick at all.....maybe the seventh round. I think they should be all in with putting as much talent around Ben in the starting 22 players. If Ben gets hurt, they're not winning a Super Bowl anyway. Why use a high pick on a player that will hardly see the field for years.

I see your point, but look at who got drafted between Landry Jones and the Steelers next pick (Terry Hawthorne). Other than Gerald Hodges, William Gholston, and Kenny Stills there basically isn't anyone who is really helping anyone at an NFL level.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...m#drafts::none

If Landry Jones had lived up to some of his scouting reports, we would all be doing cartwheels and talking about what geniuses the Steelers were for ensuring the continued excellent play at the QB position. The idea was sound. Jones just stinks.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It's pointless to draft one. Ben is only 34 years old...unless the Steelers are in the QB grooming market, it's a wasted draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I think we are open to it, but not excited about it. Let's just draft somebody. Worse they can do is be as good as Landry Jones or as injured as Grad. It's not a pointless, wasted pick. Ben was an unexpected draft pick for crying out loud. NOBODY was banging the drum to draft him. Thank God we did. There are some good QBs in this draft. One of them can back up Ben.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Heard Jamarcus Russell wants back in the league. Even for free.

Maybe he can be a backup guard and a backup QB.

Is he broke already?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Is he broke already?
    Purple Drank is expensive these days...