View Poll Results: With the #25 pick, the Steelers select...

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Noah Spence, OLB, Eastern Kentucky

1 4.76%
  • Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia

1 4.76%
  • Karl Joseph, SS, West Virgnia

4 19.05%
  • Vonn Bell, SS, Ohio St.

1 4.76%
  • Vernon Butler, DT/DE, Louisiana Tech

4 19.05%
  • Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA

0 0%
  • Eli Apple, CB, Ohio St.

4 19.05%
  • William Jackson III, CB, Houston

6 28.57%
  • Artie Burns, CB, Miami

0 0%
  • Josh Doctson, WR, TCU

0 0%
  • Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor

0 0%
  • Emmanual Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma St.

0 0%
  • Jonathan Bullard, DE, Florida

0 0%
  • Jaylon Smith, LB, Notre Dame v

0 0%
  • Su'a Cravens, SS/LB, USC

0 0%
  • Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M

0 0%
  • Cody Whithair, OL, Kansas St.

0 0%
  • Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana

0 0%
  • Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn

0 0%
  • Josh Garnett, OG, Stanford

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pittsburgh is on the clock...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Pittsburgh is on the clock...

The safety class in the 2016 NFL Draft is one that may not have a stellar big-name player, but it has several solid options. This class is especially strong in safeties who can set the tone with big hits in the passing defense.Vonn Bell of Ohio State leads the group because he's the best combination of power and coverage ability. For the Buckeyes he lined up a lot as a single high safety, which is a role not every safety prospect can lock down. He was also used to come down and defend the slot. Bell has good range and changes direction effortlessly to track the ball and close on a play. A two-year starter, Bell got better as last season progressed in stopping the run. His tackling is decent, though he could be more forceful and tackle higher. He makes up for that by taking proper angles to the ball carrier.

The article goes on and talks about other safeties like Joseph and Neal.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

a lot of mocks had the Redskins drafting a CB in Round 1 at #21 but now that they just signed Josh Norman to a mega-deal they most likely will draft another position of need.

the good news for those hoping the Steelers pick a CB at 1.25 is that this means another one of the top CBs such as William Jackson III may now drop to us.

the bad news for those hoping the Steelers pick Andrew Billings at 1.25 is that this means the Redskins may now draft Billings instead in order to replace NT Terrance Knighton, who they lost in free agency to the Patriots**...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    a lot of mocks had the Redskins drafting a CB in Round 1 at #21 but now that they just signed Josh Norman to a mega-deal they most likely will draft another position of need.

the good news for those hoping the Steelers pick a CB at 1.25 is that this means another one of the top CBs such as William Jackson III may now drop to us.

the bad news for those hoping the Steelers pick Andrew Billings at 1.25 is that this means the Redskins may now draft Billings instead in order to replace NT Terrance Knighton, who they lost in free agency to the Patriots**...

Great points.

Everything that has happened above the Steelers in this draft the past few days is going to impact who is available to them.

I can't believe these teams had the nerve to make these moves when they know we have a mock draft going on here at SU!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I can't believe these teams had the nerve to make these moves when they know we have a mock draft going on here at SU!
    Some people simply have no respect for others.

I blame Common Core.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

teegre, i remember you mentioning you guys usually do our 2nd round pick as well. So does that mean we will continue polling up to the broncos and then go straight to the 2nd round pick? is that whats happening or whats going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    teegre, i remember you mentioning you guys usually do our 2nd round pick as well. So does that mean we will continue polling up to the broncos and then go straight to the 2nd round pick? is that whats happening or whats going on?
    Good question.

MON AFTERNOON: After the Steelers pick, we'll whip through the last 6 picks on Monday afternoon/evening.

TUES: Then, we'll start a R2 thread. It'll be an open discussion (no polls), and as soon as a player receives 5 posts/votes, we'll call that the pick for that team. It goes rather quickly.

WED: We'll create a poll for the Steelers' R2 pick.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

NFL Rumors - April 23 Updates:

"Pittsburgh sources say they loved Texans cornerback Kevin Johnson last year (selected 16th overall), and if he had gotten to their pick, he likely would have been a Steeler. This year, cornerbacks like Eli Apple and William Jackson have similar skill sets to Johnson." - Charlie Campbell, WalterFootball.com

http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors#8pg7dtsh8vD80Zr3.99

ok, everyone...time is running out to post your Round 1 pick for the Pittsburgh Steelers if you haven't already done so.

right now it looks like CB William Jackson III will be the Steelers' first round selection in the "First Annual Steelers Universe Consensus Mock Draft".

we'll wait until tomorrow to put the Seattle Seahags on the clock, and then finish the remainder of Round 1 on Monday before moving on to picks #32-57 on Tuesday.

on Wednesday, the Steelers will be on the clock again for us to vote on their second round selection...

ok, everyone...time is running out to post your Round 1 pick for the Pittsburgh Steelers if you haven't already done so.

right now it looks like CB William Jackson III will be the Steelers' first round selection in the "First Annual Steelers Universe Consensus Mock Draft".

we'll wait until tomorrow to put the Seattle Seahags on the clock, and then finish the remainder of Round 1 on Monday before moving on to picks #32-57 on Tuesday.

on Wednesday, the Steelers will be on the clock again for us to vote on their second round selection...
    I concur.

It's been at 20 votes all day long. Yesterday, it was at 19 all day long.

I know that the weekends are slow, and that we probably should wait until tomorrow at 11:00am EST... but, I'm fine with calling it right now (so that we can move on).

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I concur.

It's been at 20 votes all day long. Yesterday, it was at 19 all day long.

I know that the weekends are slow, and that we probably should wait until tomorrow at 11:00am EST... but, I'm fine with calling it right now (so that we can move on).
    let's move on.

do you want to put the Seattle Seachickens on the clock or would you like me to?

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

let's move on.

do you want to put the Seattle Seachickens on the clock or would you like me to?
    seconded
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

let's move on.

I'm running errands.

I'll check back in, in about 30 minutes. If you get to it, great. If not, I can do it then.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I'm running errands.

I'll check back in, in about 30 minutes. If you get to it, great. If not, I can do it then.
    I'm free, I'll do it right now...

I'm free, I'll do it right now...
    Perfect

Bengals William Jackson III says Steelers were 'coming for him'

Bryan DeArdo - Apr 29

On Thursday night, a new chapter was added to the Bengals and Steelers rivalry.

William Jackson III, the player everyone expected Pittsburgh to draft with the 25th pick, was snatched away by the Bengals just before the Steelers had a chance to grab the Houston cornerback.

Shortly after being drafted, Jackson confirmed that he would have been taken by the Steelers if the Bengals had not selected him with the 24th pick in the draft.

The Bengals picking Jackson was extra salt on the wounds for Steelers fans, who then watched as Pittsburgh quickly took Miami cornerback Artie Burns, Pittsburgh's first cornerback taken in the first round since Chad Scott back in 1997.

Now, instead of having him on their side, Pittsburgh will now have to face Jackson twice a year, as seemingly everyone's pick to land on the Steelers will now be on the other end of one of the most bitter rivalries in all of sports.

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Bengal...-him--45074060