View Poll Results: With the 24th pick, the Bengals select...

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor

3 21.43%
  • Josh Doctson, WR, TCU

3 21.43%
  • Andrew Billings, NT, Baylor

5 35.71%
  • Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Mississippi

2 14.29%
  • Vernon Butler, NT, Louisiana Tech

0 0%
  • Emmanual Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma St.

0 0%
  • Eli Apple, CB, Ohio St.

0 0%
  • William Jackson III, CB, Houston

0 0%
  • Noah Spence, OLB, Eastern Kentucky

0 0%
  • Riley Dixon, P, Syracuse

0 0%
  • Ross Martin, K, Duke

0 0%
  • A box of Kleenex for their fans' tears

1 7.14%
  • A leash for Vontaze Burfict

0 0%
  • A playoff win

0 0%

Thread: Cincinnati is on the clock...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Cincinnati is on the clock...

The Begnals are on the clock...

Over at Steelers Fever, every year, hawaiiansteeler & I would coordinate a "Steelers Fever Consensus Mock Draft".

We would start with the first pick... with a thread, a poll, and a discussion. The poll/thread would be up for 12 hours, and then, we'd move on to the next team. So on & so forth until we would get to Pittsburgh's selection, where the poll would stay open for several days.

Why??? This will allow for us to get a sense of who might ACTUALLY be there at pick #25. No joke: we've come pretty close every single year. Have fun with it.

So... as not to break tradition...

"First Annual Steelers Universe Consensus Mock Draft".

1. LA: Jared Goff, QB, Berkeley (trade)
    2. PHI: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St. (trade)
    3. SD: Laremy Tunsil, LT, Mississippi
    4. DAL: Jalen Ramsey, FS, Florida St.
    5. JAX: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
    6. BAL: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
    7. SF: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon (trade)
    8. CLEV: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio St.
    9. TB: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio St.
    10. NYG: Ronnie Stanley, LT, Notre Dame
    11. CHI: A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
    12. NO: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
    13. MIA: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
    14. OAK: Darron Lee, LB, Ohio St
    15. TENN: Jack Conklin, OT, Mich St (trade)
    16. DET: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
    17. ATL: Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
    18. INDY: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio St.
    19. BUFF: Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
    20. NYJ: Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama
    21. WASH: Jarran Reed, NT, Alabama
    22. HOU: Laquan Treadwell, WR, Mississippi
    23. MIN: Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame

The Bengals are on the clock... and will be on the clock until around 3:00pm (EST).

[Mods, we don't want to garbage up the front page. Please, move/erase the Vikings thread.]

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Re: Cincinnati is on the clock...

Do we have a run on WR's since the Bengals lost Sanu in FA to the Falcons? Do they steal the DT we covet as the future after Peko?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

was so tempted to select a Playoff win but to try and keep it as legit as possible I went with Coleman to pair with AJG to me it just made the most sense at this time , I kicked around DT but the need there is not as immediate as WR is

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Mississippi

Everyone knows the Bengals can't pass on crazy and talented. They are that guy who is always dating attractive women with crazy eyes. You know the one. Your friend that is always surprised that his lawn got set on fire...again - but everyone else saw it coming.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

They do need a punter.....hmmmm

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Do we have a run on WR's since the Bengals lost Sanu in FA to the Falcons? Do they steal the DT we covet as the future after Peko?
    dont forget they lost marvin jones as well. I picked Josh Doctson. Higher floor than Coleman
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Everyone knows the Bengals can't pass on crazy and talented. They are that guy who is always dating attractive women with crazy eyes. You know the one. Your friend that is always surprised that his lawn got set on fire...again - but everyone else saw it coming.
    That makes a LOT of sense.

For or all his faults, Marvin Lewis is very good at getting the most out of problem children (Pacman Jones, Vontaze Burfict, Chris Henry).

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

For or all his faults, Marvin Lewis is very good at getting the most out of problem children (Pacman Jones, Vontaze Burfict, Chris Henry).
    Аnd from plain idiots-see Chad Johnsochowhatevernumberheusedforhislastname.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

hmmm, I don't see long snapper...

but a playoff win? now you're just being redonkulous!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Lord, I hope so. I don't want us drafting him, nor do I think we would if he was available with that history. Taking Billings would fuck up our day, and then I'd be REALLY worried we'll do something stupid like take Apple.

But taking Billings is probably what they'll do. Unless someone else takes Nkemdiche instead of Reed or Robinson earlier, but who the hell knows. Aargh, this could turn out to be the biggest tease.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

They will never select a playoff win. They just don't put that much value into the position. If you look at the past 25 years, their record speaks for itself. And I'm not sure how much cap room they have for a WHOLE box of Kleenex. So they probably select punter here, they may double dip.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Nkemdiche seems like the kind of low character guy Marvin Lewis craves and he would fit right in

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

why so many for andrew billings? Peko and Atkins are arguably the best interior Dline in the league
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    why so many for andrew billings? Peko and Atkins are arguably the best interior Dline in the league
    Good question. I'm finding their top 5 needs for this draft are CB, OL, WR, Safety, and LB.

- - - Updated - - -

I would bet on Spence before Billings.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

They are only doing it to screw with the Steelers. We're probably going to have to seriously consider moving up at least 2 spots if that's someone they really want. Ala, Alex Mack... It'd probably cost our 4th rounder with no 5th as an option. There are plenty of other options though.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    They are only doing it to screw with the Steelers. We're probably going to have to seriously consider moving up at least 2 spots if that's someone they really want. Ala, Alex Mack... It'd probably cost our 4th rounder with no 5th as an option. There are plenty of other options though.
    What would it cost to move to 20? 5 spots could mean the difference in 3 players high on our board. I'd drop our 4th for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    What would it cost to move to 20? 5 spots could mean the difference in 3 players high on our board. I'd drop our 4th for that.
    Going by the chart... from 25-20 is a 130 pt difference. Basically, our 3rd rounder.

Some thoughts...

BILLINGS:
    The Bengals rotate their DTs. Also, Peko is like Hampton in 2011 (one foot in the grave).

TRADING UP:
    With there being a dozen (literally) DT/DEs in the first two rounds, there is no way that I trade up. If I'm going to lose my R3 pick, I'd rather trade up 15 spots in R2.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

For or all his faults, Marvin Lewis is very good at getting the most cheap shots and stupid, game-costing penalties out of problem children (Pacman Jones, Vontaze Burfict, Chris Henry).

Fixed that for you.

- - - Updated - - -

I went with WR Josh Doctson, TCU

They lost two WRs that got serious snaps.

Some thoughts...

BILLINGS:
    The Bengals rotate their DTs. Also, Peko is like Hampton in 2011 (one foot in the grave).

TRADING UP:
    With there being a dozen (literally) DT/DEs in the first two rounds, there is no way that I trade up. If I'm going to lose my R3 pick, I'd rather trade up 15 spots in R2.
    What I thought when he said it would be a 3rd. I thought maybe for a 4th to move up ahead of the Redskins. That would give us a shot at Reed, Robinson, or Rankins. I think there will be more WRs taken than what our mock suggests, and maybe even a safety or TE. Elliot may not be the only RB going in the first even though that's the popular thought. Or, by our mock Ogbah would be in the mix along with Spence even.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Nkemdiche seems like the kind of low character guy Marvin Lewis craves and he would fit right in
    hopefully Nkemdiche will let his panther run loose in the locker room and devour some Bengals, starting with Burfict...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    hopefully Nkemdiche will let his panther run loose in the locker room and devour some Bengals, starting with Burfict...
    Panthers would actually be a great landing spot for a guy like him. Forget draft position, talking player only. He would be able to work into that DLine, plus Rivera would certainly curtail his destructive behavior.

What I thought when he said it would be a 3rd. I thought maybe for a 4th to move up ahead of the Redskins. That would give us a shot at Reed, Robinson, or Rankins. I think there will be more WRs taken than what our mock suggests, and maybe even a safety or TE. Elliot may not be the only RB going in the first even though that's the popular thought. Or, by our mock Ogbah would be in the mix along with Spence even.
    Indeed.

If we're watching at 20, and Ragland, Robinson, Reed, Billings, Spence, & Butler are still there, there is no need to trade up. Yes, the Bengals will likely get the guy that we want, but one of those six guys WILL be there at 25 (it's math).

Indeed.

If we're watching at 20, and Ragland, Robinson, Reed, Billings, Spence, & Butler are still there, there is no need to trade up. Yes, the Bengals will likely get the guy that we want, but one of those six guys WILL be there at 25 (it's math).
    That's when Goodell decides to give NE their pick back and 1 extra for the imposition. Both right before we pick!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Some thoughts...

BILLINGS:

TRADING UP:
    this OR.....

trade down if the player goes off the board I most coveted at 25

Moving from #20 to #25 would be about a late 3rd round pick: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-trade-chart/
    Last edited by Psycho Ward 86; 04-21-2016 at 08:32 PM.

Moving from #25 to #25 would be about a late 3rd round pick: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-trade-chart/
    I wouldn't do it.

I'd rather just stay at #25...

I wouldn't do it.

If we make the trade with ourselves could we at least pick up an extra 2nd rounder in 2017?

I wouldn't do it.

whoops i meant 20 to 25. thanks for sassing me over it

I'm calling it.

6 for a WR
    7 for a DT

Billings leads all vote-getters with 5.

Billings it is. /thread

The poll for which we have all been waiting will be up shortly...