View Poll Results: With the #20 pick, the Jets select...

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Connor Cook, QB, Mich St

1 8.33%
  • Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi

0 0%
  • Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Mississippi

1 8.33%
  • Emmanual Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma St.

0 0%
  • Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky

3 25.00%
  • Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama

0 0%
  • Vernon Butler, DT, La Tech

0 0%
  • Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor

0 0%
  • Karl Joseph, SS, West Virginia

0 0%
  • Eli Apple, CB, Ohio St.

1 8.33%
  • William Jackson III, CB, Houston

0 0%
  • Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama

5 41.67%
  • Leonard Floyd, LB, Georgia

1 8.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Jets are on the clock...

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Re: The Jets are on the clock...

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    That's sort of where I'm leaning, too...

- - - Updated - - -

Ah... that is probably the most logical.
    well depending on who is still on the board i suppose and what kind of picks we get. looking at the draft pick value chart again i think i would stay and just get andrew billings, karl joseph, william jackson III if available in that order of priority.

for how much this board loves andrew billings, almost every single mock out there has us available to us
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    well depending on who is still on the board i suppose and what kind of picks we get. looking at the draft pick value chart again i think i would stay and just get andrew billings, karl joseph, william jackson III if available in that order of priority.

for how much this board loves andrew billings, almost every single mock out there has us available to us
    I like that plan ... and actually mocking it out, looks like Billings, Butler and maybe even Reed could be around just because so many teams before us either have a more urgent need with a better match, or there's a player just too talented to pass up.

Will any of those guys be around for us in R2, though? I'm guessing hell no. Joseph might fall to the middle of R2 though, because he might not even be considered in the first with the ACL. Then the question is, do we want him bad enough to make a move?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I like that plan ... and actually mocking it out, looks like Billings, Butler and maybe even Reed could be around just because so many teams before us either have a more urgent need with a better match, or there's a player just too talented to pass up.

Will any of those guys be around for us in R2, though? I'm guessing hell no. Joseph might fall to the middle of R2 though, because he might not even be considered in the first with the ACL. Then the question is, do we want him bad enough to make a move?
    if he slips to the middle of the 2nd round i would consider it. Looking at the draft pick value charts, its looking like it would take a 3rd round pick. If he gets within 8-ish picks of the 58th pick, fuck it im trading up. chart seems to show that it would take a 4th round pick in that situation

i would use next years 4th rounder for that, plus maybe a late rounder this year/next year to sweeten the deal maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

this was a very good thread, a lot of good discussion between some very knowledgeable posters!

I hate to end this thread, but it's time to move on to the next pick. Reggie Ragland becomes the newest member of the NY Jests.

the Washington Deadskins will soon be on the clock...