View Poll Results: With the #20 pick, the Jets select...

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Connor Cook, QB, Mich St

1 8.33%
  • Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi

0 0%
  • Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Mississippi

1 8.33%
  • Emmanual Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma St.

0 0%
  • Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky

3 25.00%
  • Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama

0 0%
  • Vernon Butler, DT, La Tech

0 0%
  • Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor

0 0%
  • Karl Joseph, SS, West Virginia

0 0%
  • Eli Apple, CB, Ohio St.

1 8.33%
  • William Jackson III, CB, Houston

0 0%
  • Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama

5 41.67%
  • Leonard Floyd, LB, Georgia

1 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Jets are on the clock...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

The Jets are on the clock...

The Jets are on the clock...

Over at Steelers Fever, every year, teegre & I would coordinate a "Steelers Fever Consensus Mock Draft".

We would start with the first pick... with a thread, a poll, and a discussion. The poll/thread would be up for 12 hours, and then, we'd move on to the next team. So on & so forth until we would get to Pittsburgh's selection, where the poll would stay open for several days.

Why??? This will allow for us to get a sense of who might ACTUALLY be there at pick #25. No joke: we've come pretty close every single year. Have fun with it.

So... as not to break tradition...

"First Annual Steelers Universe Consensus Mock Draft".

1. LA: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St. (trade)
    2. SF: Jared Goff, QB, Berkeley (trade)
    3. SD: Laremy Tunsil, LT, Mississippi
    4. DAL: Jalen Ramsey, FS, Florida St.
    5. JAX: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
    6. BAL: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
    7. CLEV: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio St. (trade)
    8. PHI: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio St.
    9. TB: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
    10. NYG: Ronnie Stanley, LT, Notre Dame
    11. CHI: A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
    12. NO: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
    13. MIA: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
    14. OAK: Darron Lee, LB, Ohio St
    15. TENN: Jack Conklin, OT, Mich St (trade)
    16. DET: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
    17. ATL: Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
    18. INDY: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio St.
    19. BUFF: Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
    20. NYJ:

The Jets are on the clock... and will be on the clock until around midnight (EST).

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!

[Mods, we don't want to garbage up the front page. Please, move/erase the Bills thread.]

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Re: The Jets are on the clock...

Someone should be trading up with Treadwell still available... Vikings maybe. If the Jets stay put, I'll say they take one of the CB's... Eli Apple

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Hard not to say Apple ( in the big Apple) but I may be in the minority here but lets face it they do not have a QB even if they find a way to come to terms with Fitz he is really just a very good backup and not a starter in this league ... so I went with the best option at QB on the board and arguably in the draft with Cook .

I know all the others get more praise and hype but he is the only 1 of this group that has year in year out WON at a high level program vs solid competition and at the end of the day I want a winner playing QB for me , Cook is that guy

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

They need a pass rusher, so Spence is my #1 possibility as the best one of those left. Wouldn't be surprised if it was Apple, though.

Good thing they signed McLendon, or this would be a DT for sure. Still a chance of that, though, since he's on the downhill side of his career and there are a lot of good ones still on the board.

I also would call an outside chance of Hunter Henry, as I believe TE is one of their weak spots. Probably not here, though.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    Hard not to say Apple ( in the big Apple) but I may be in the minority here but lets face it they do not have a QB even if they find a way to come to terms with Fitz he is really just a very good backup and not a starter in this league ... so I went with the best option at QB on the board and arguably in the draft with Cook .

I know all the others get more praise and hype but he is the only 1 of this group that has year in year out WON at a high level program vs solid competition and at the end of the day I want a winner playing QB for me , Cook is that guy
    I actually figured Cook would be ranked much higher before the year began. Then it was all about "why aren't you a captain" questions. Go figure.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Jets' Oline needs will have to wait. They could go TE here. From what I have read they have a huge need at LB, inside and outside. BPA of who do they like better. Floyd, Spence, or Ragland.

The NY Jets select Noah Spence.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Deciding between Spence or Ragland.

Heard Spence could fall to round 2.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

I got Ragland. They already drafted Jace Amaro early not long ago so i dont see tight end. Brandon Marshall and Decker make up arguably the best receiving tandem and Matt Forte is back there so they arent really short on weapons. I can see them trying to trade back up to get Cook later, kind of like the vikings did for Bridgewater if i recall correctly? Their Dline can do it all so i dont think they're too worried about not being able to rush the passer
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Lynch goes one pick before them... OUCH!!!

How is Treadwell still there???

Floyd or Ragland... which one?... which one???

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Looks like they have NEED at all LB spots. Any of Ragland, Spence, Floyd make sense here. If they do plan on trading back up for Cook or a QB, they may take Treadwell now to add weapons. We know they will get OLine later.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Houston and Minnesota at #22 & 23 are both great candidates to go WR in Round 1...

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Floyd or Ragland... which one?... which one???
    none of the teams yet seem to have an incessant need to take receiver in such a weak class. Skins are up next and their defense still has a lot of holes in the 2ndary. They have plenty of weapons so they seem unlikely. Texans are probably the first ones that will prioritize. And even then, i think they pick Will Fuller and diversify their receiving corps. They already have some big bodies to throw to. Time for another game breaker to pair with Hopkins and take advantage of the efficacy of play action because of Lamar Miller
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    none of the teams yet seem to have an incessant need to take receiver in such a weak class. Skins are up next and their defense still has a lot of holes in the 2ndary. They have plenty of weapons so they seem unlikely. Texans are probably the first ones that will prioritize. And even then, i think they pick Will Fuller and diversify their receiving corps. They already have some big bodies to throw to. Time for another game breaker to pair with Hopkins and take advantage of the efficacy of play action because of Lamar Miller
    I've also seen a lot of mocks that have the Texans taking WR Corey Coleman or WR Josh Doctson.

I think Treadwell's best chance to get drafted is with the Vikings...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I think Laquon Treadwell will be drafted by the saints.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I think Laquon Treadwell will be drafted by the saints.
    the vast majority of mock drafts have the Saints selecting either DTs Sheldon Rankins or A'Shawn Robinson or DE Shaq Lawson...

Treadwell....Big receiver, very physical, good hands, average top speed, excellent route runner, willing to go get the ball and fight for it,...sounds like a Saints pick doesn't he. I don't think he makes it that far though honestly. I think he could go anywhere in the 7-15 area.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I went with Reggie Ragland ILB, AL.

I just think with the talent on the board, that this addresses the team needs best with the value of the pick.

With Lynch gone, the Jets will have to draft a QB later.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Nghalk;jsfl;kasjflaksjdfalksjf or whatever at DT. They then trade Wilkerson for a bevy of picks, etc.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Treadwell slips to no. 22 to the Texans in this scenario. The Redskins have weapons and won't be looking WR but the Texans could use someone across Hopkins and Treadwell is a steal who fills a need.

BTW: a proposed option for pick 21, Vikings leapfrog Texans and take Treadwell. Vikings are desperate for a WR as well, and Washington can acquire an additional pick and still get a nice DT which is what they will likely be targeting

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

HYPOTHETICAL:
    Laquon Treadwell is there at 25. Do you take him?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

HYPOTHETICAL:

no .

sure its great value but a pick is only truly as valuable as his contributions and on THIS 2016 Steelers roster he would be without a helmet on most Sundays and if he gains one that means Coates is not getting his .

HYPOTHETICAL:
    I'm thinking about it. Definitely not going to dismiss him just because we have AB, Wheaton, and Coates. Bryant is gone for now, and 1 more he's gone forever, IMO. I would have to consider it. A lot depends on what the board looks like at 25, obviously. Does he come in and start over Coates? I think he would. Upgrade is upgrade.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

HYPOTHETICAL:
    Hypothetically speaking, no. Need to upgrade the defense. Not worried about it though since he never makes it past Houston or Minnesota

no .

sure its great value but a pick is only truly as valuable as his contributions and on THIS 2016 Steelers roster he would be without a helmet on most Sundays and if he gains one that means Coates is not getting his .
    Good point.

Counterpoint:
    Treadwell would replace Bryant. The Steelers usually dress 5 WRs...
    AB, Treadwell, Wheaton, Coates, DHB.

HYPOTHETICAL:
    hell no. i would try to fleece a team into trading up with us though for more picks

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I'm thinking about it. Definitely not going to dismiss him just because we have AB, Wheaton, and Coates. Bryant is gone for now, and 1 more he's gone forever, IMO. I would have to consider it. A lot depends on what the board looks like at 25, obviously. Does he come in and start over Coates? I think he would. Upgrade is upgrade.
    That's sort of where I'm leaning, too...

- - - Updated - - -

hell no. i would try to fleece a team into trading up with us though for more picks
    Ah... that is probably the most logical.

Good point.

Counterpoint:
    Treadwell would replace Bryant. The Steelers usually dress 5 WRs...
    AB, Treadwell, Wheaton, Coates, DHB.
    Who kept Coates from a Helmet last year ?

this getting old shit is for the birds I can not think for the life of me who kept him from dressing on Sundays until the end of the year ???

this getting old shit is for the birds I can not think for the lief of me who kept him from dressing on Sundays until the end of the year ???
    No joke: I was was trying to remember the exact same thing...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

this getting old shit is for the birds I can not think for the life of me who kept him from dressing on Sundays until the end of the year ???

DHB???????

The power of special teams........

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    DHB???????

The power of special teams........

DHB will be dressing this year as well ..

Coates in Bryant out ... where is the room for Treadwell ?

was thinking we only dressed 4 WR a game and 3 TE , 2 FB , cant think for the life of me who WR #5 was to change my thinking