View Poll Results: With the #19 pick, the Bills select...

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi

3 23.08%
  • Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis

4 30.77%
  • Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Mississippi

1 7.69%
  • Emmanual Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma St.

0 0%
  • Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky

1 7.69%
  • Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama

1 7.69%
  • Karl Joseph, SS, West Virginia

0 0%
  • Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor

1 7.69%
  • Eli Apple, CB, Ohio St.

0 0%
  • William Jackson III, CB, Houston

0 0%
  • Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama

1 7.69%
  • Leonard Floyd, LB, Georgia

1 7.69%

Thread: Buffalo is on the clock...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Buffalo is on the clock...

The Bills are on the clock...

Over at Steelers Fever, every year, hawaiiansteeler & I would coordinate a "Steelers Fever Consensus Mock Draft".

We would start with the first pick... with a thread, a poll, and a discussion. The poll/thread would be up for 12 hours, and then, we'd move on to the next team. So on & so forth until we would get to Pittsburgh's selection, where the poll would stay open for several days.

Why??? This will allow for us to get a sense of who might ACTUALLY be there at pick #25. No joke: we've come pretty close every single year. Have fun with it.

So... as not to break tradition...

"First Annual Steelers Universe Consensus Mock Draft".

1. LA: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St. (trade)
    2. SF: Jared Goff, QB, Berkeley (trade)
    3. SD: Laremy Tunsil, LT, Mississippi
    4. DAL: Jalen Ramsey, FS, Florida St.
    5. JAX: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
    6. BAL: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
    7. CLEV: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio St. (trade)
    8. PHI: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio St.
    9. TB: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
    10. NYG: Ronnie Stanley, LT, Notre Dame
    11. CHI: A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
    12. NO: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
    13. MIA: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
    14. OAK: Darron Lee, LB, Ohio St
    15. TENN: Jack Conklin, OT, Mich St (trade)
    16. DET: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
    17. ATL: Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
    18. INDY: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio St.

The Bills are on the clock... and will be on the clock until around 1:00 am (EST).

[Mods, we don't want to garbage up the front page. Please, move/erase the Colts thread.]

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Buffalo is on the clock...

We need a poll.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    We need a poll.
    Have a little patience... it takes a while to type all of those names.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Percy Harvin retires and Mario Williams moves on.....who do they replace first? With 2 QBs that are backups on any other team(Tyrod Talylor and EJ Wiiliams) maybe they are looking at QB. Who's the top rated player left on their board right now? Lawson, Ogbah, Ragland, Lynch, Treadwell? I'm thinking you have to have a QB. I vote Paxton Lynch here. QB, Memphis.

It really should be Treadwell. He is the best player on e board AND they need to give Tyrod Taylor some weapons (besides Sammy Watkins).

But...

Rex almost always drafts defense in R1.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Damn. Bills are tricky. Great interior Dline, but Kyle Williams is getting old and coming off a season ending injury. Mario Williams just left. They lost 2 of their receivers. I read that they're thin at MLB.

I'm going to pass on interior Dline because of the depth in the draft. They still have at least one good pass rusher who is on a big contract, so i'll pass on DE. Sammy Watkins is a good receiver, Charles Clay is a good receiving tight end, and Lesean McCoy is still someone they'll lean on to do it all. Plus they have receivers that will be good enough for the time being (Robert Woods, Greg Little, Jarrett Boykin, Leonard Hankerson)...kind of the same scenario we have at OLB that makes it unlikely that we invest in a pass rusher...because we have so many middling ones that are good enough where we dont want to let them go, but crappy enough where we want to upgrade.

MLB Reggie Ragland for me
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Buffalo needs a QB. In fact, they might believe they are a QB away from being a playoff team. If Lynch makes it this far, I think it's too tempting for them to pass up.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Percy Harvin retires and Mario Williams moves on.....who do they replace first? With 2 QBs that are backups on any other team(Tyrod Talylor and EJ Wiiliams) maybe they are looking at QB. Who's the top rated player left on their board right now? Lawson, Ogbah, Ragland, Lynch, Treadwell? I'm thinking you have to have a QB. I vote Paxton Lynch here. QB, Memphis.
    Tyrod Taylor a back up? At the very worst the dude is a starter in this league. How good in the long term, who knows, but he showed he can start and be successful. There were some games where he was the reason the Bills won or were still in the game. I remember my friend having him in our fantasy league and thinking...alright well he's just good for fantasy points and he's just another mediocre QB that's a good athlete. But the dude can make some very good anticipatory throws. And he doesnt actually rely on his legs at all. I think the Bills will look to weaponize him and see what happens
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Buffalo needs a QB. In fact, they might believe they are a QB away from being a playoff team. If Lynch makes it this far, I think it's too tempting for them to pass up.
    Tyrod Taylor was very good last year(a QB rating of 99.4 last year)....In fact the defense was the problem last year(only 21 sacks last year).....I will be shocked if the Bills draft a QB

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Tyrod Taylor a back up? At the very worst the dude is a starter in this league. How good in the long term, who knows, but he showed he can start and be successful. There were some games where he was the reason the Bills won or were still in the game. I remember my friend having him in our fantasy league and thinking...alright well he's just good for fantasy points and he's just another mediocre QB that's a good athlete. But the dude can make some very good anticipatory throws. And he doesnt actually rely on his legs at all. I think the Bills will look to weaponize him and see what happens
    Are you planning to take Tyrod Taylor as your starting QB on this year's fantasy team? I agree he played well and he is the starter at Buffalo, Cleveland, and maybe the Rams. I don't think he would put anyone else on the bench. Just my opinion. I wasn't impressed.

Are you planning to take Tyrod Taylor as your starting QB on this year's fantasy team? I agree he played well and he is the starter at Buffalo, Cleveland, and maybe the Rams. I don't think he would put anyone else on the bench. Just my opinion. I wasn't impressed.
    havent really thought about it. i think thats a pointless question to ask really because there can be a huge disparity between how good a player is on fantasy versus real life.

are you insinuating that he isnt even a worthy starter in this league? because i certainly think he is. he really surprised me when i watched him. the qb's arent even supposed to be too great in this draft from what ive read, just fairly deep in terms of capable nfl QB's. I dont see the bills wanting to draft a QB thats "capable." And i cant see them trading up to get Goff so my pick stays on defense. just my opinion

- - - Updated - - -

havent really thought about it. i think thats a pointless question to ask really because there can be a huge disparity between how good a player is on fantasy versus real life.

are you insinuating that he isnt even a worthy starter in this league? because i certainly think he is. he really surprised me when i watched him. the qb's arent even supposed to be too great in this draft from what ive read, just fairly deep in terms of capable nfl QB's. I dont see the bills wanting to draft a QB thats "capable." And i cant see them trading up to get Goff so my pick stays on defense. just my opinion

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Yeah, the few times I saw Buffalo, they struggled like crazy moving the ball when they needed to, and didn't seem to be much of a scoring threat unless there was an amazing individual effort or a lucky break. Taylor was "good enough" not to cost them a game, but not much more than that. If they want to be seriously in the mix for anything, they need an upgrade there.

However, other people may be right in that the Bills are willing to accept "good enough" and focus on other things. I still think it'd be the right pick for them, though.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what you're asking me here. Taylor is obviously worthy to start at Buffalo. I think he could be the starter at Cleveland over RGIII. He may get the nod over Foles in L.A., but I don't see him starting for any other team over who they already have at QB. I'm excluding Denver because they don't have anyone I don't think, so he could win the job there by default. Where else would you start him?

And I'm not saying the guy sucks at the QB position. I'll take him to back up Ben tomorrow. That's all he's ever been and that's how I see him.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    It really should be Treadwell. He is the best player on e board AND they need to give Tyrod Taylor some weapons (besides Sammy Watkins).

But...

Rex almost always drafts defense in R1.

Shaq Lawson is listed in the poll, but he was already selected by Detroit at 16. Is there a way to remove him?

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Shaq Lawson is listed in the poll, but he was already selected by Detroit at 16. Is there a way to remove him?
    Good catch.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Figured Floyd would go earlier. He is my pick for Buffalo to help on pass rush

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Again, the Bills can go anywhere with this pick. They need help at edge rusher and LB, but something tells me they can't resist taking the highest rated WR in the draft that has fallen to them. Sammy Watkins won't be the only weapon in the Buffalo passing attack.

The Bills take Laquon Treadwell WR, Mississippi

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I vote for Karl Joseph but I want to change my vote for Laquon Treadwell...

Ugh. I did it again.

I should have opened a second window, but I was in a rush (I posted the poll while walking to my car).

Treadwell is a great pick for them here.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Ugh. I did it again.

I should have opened a second window, but I was in a rush (I posted the poll while walking to my car).

That's OK brother. I just wanted you to be aware of it. Nobody has voted for Lawson.

NOBODY VOTE FOR SHAQ LAWSON BECAUSE HE IS ALREADY OFF THE BOARD

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    ok, that means Paxton Lynch now leads Treadwell by a 4-3 vote...
    Last edited by hawaiiansteeler; 04-18-2016 at 11:58 PM.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

NOBODY VOTE FOR SHAQ LAWSON BECAUSE HE IS ALREADY OFF THE BOARD
    Shaq Lawson has now been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    ok, that means Paxton Lynch now leads Treadwell by a 4-3 vote...
    Changed.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I went Lynch. Who they steal from the NYJ who pick next.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Rex Ryan wont select QB, he is going to select DLine. BPA on Dline is Andrew Billings.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Granted, Treadwell is there, so it's throwing things a little out of wack. Probably should have gone to NO if not before. In this scenario, I think they almost have to take him. Otherwise, I would say Robert Nkemdiche... So, I'll just throw it in.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

looks like Paxton Lynch is the winner by yet another 1 vote margin and will be groomed to provide some competition for Tyrod Taylor for the starting job.

the NY Jets are devastated, they were ready to run to the podium to select Lynch.

the Jests will just have to suck it up and re-group, they will be on the clock very soon...

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!
    Last edited by hawaiiansteeler; 04-20-2016 at 12:49 AM.

Paxton Lynch told the media that the Bills "appear" to be interested in him.

http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors#Q5lEri3mhkYSmpSz.99