View Poll Results: With the #15 pick, the Titans select...

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan St.

7 58.33%
  • Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio St.

1 8.33%
  • Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi

1 8.33%
  • Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson

0 0%
  • Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson

1 8.33%
  • Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma St.

0 0%
  • Noah Spence, DE, E Kentucky

0 0%
  • Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Mississippi

0 0%
  • Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama

0 0%
  • Vernon Butler, DT, La Tech

1 8.33%
  • Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama

0 0%
  • Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia

0 0%
  • Karl Joseph, SS, West Virginia

0 0%
  • Eli Apple, CB, Ohio St.

1 8.33%
  • William Jackson III, CB, Houston

0 0%

Thread: The Titans are on the clock...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

The Titans are on the clock...

The Titans are on the clock...

Over at Steelers Fever, every year, teegre & I would coordinate a "Steelers Fever Consensus Mock Draft".

We would start with the first pick... with a thread, a poll, and a discussion. The poll/thread would be up for 12 hours, and then, we'd move on to the next team. So on & so forth until we would get to Pittsburgh's selection, where the poll would stay open for several days.

Why??? This will allow for us to get a sense of who might ACTUALLY be there at pick #25. No joke: we've come pretty close every single year. Have fun with it.

So... as not to break tradition...

"First Annual Steelers Universe Consensus Mock Draft".

1. LA: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St. (trade)
    2. SF: Jared Goff, QB, Berkeley (trade)
    3. SD: Laremy Tunsil, LT, Mississippi
    4. DAL: Jalen Ramsey, FS, Florida St.
    5. JAX: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
    6. BAL: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
    7. CLEV: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio St. (trade)
    8. PHI: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio St.
    9. TB: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
    10. NYG: Ronnie Stanley, LT, Notre Dame
    11. CHI: A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
    12. NO: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
    13. MIA: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
    14. OAK: Darron Lee, LB, Ohio St
    15. TENN:

the Titans are on the clock... and will be on the clock until around noon (EST).

[Mods, we don't want to garbage up the front page. Please, move/erase da Raidahs thread.]

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: The Titans are on the clock...

The Titans made the trade with the first pick to accumulate picks to add talent to their roster. The need to protect their young franchise quarterback is a priority, and I think they decide to get a guy they have liked since the draft process started.

I think the Titans go with Jack Conklin to protect Mariota as their first pick in this draft.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Tennessee pulled off a great trade for them. They will get 6 picks in the 1st 76 picks. What pisses me off about it is their 2nd round picks (3 of them, and 4 in 45 total) are all before our 2nd round pick. Which means this 1 team can get pretty rich pretty fast. They gave up Tunsil so that tells me they will look for OLine help later. So do they opt for weapons, or to build that defense here?

Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, Harry Douglas, and Green-Beckham make up the current WR corps. "Nice, nice, not thrilling, but nice."(Mel Brooks) Could go with a superstar WR here. Treadwell is the far and away #1WR in this draft.
    Defensively=LeBeau. They have Morgan and Orakpo at OLB, Woodyard and Williamson at ILB. Pretty strong. More likely looking at DLine than LB. And holy crap look who's still there...Reed, Lawson, and Dodd.

My vote is the Titans select Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi with the 15th overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.

They have 3 picks coming up in the next 30 to get defensive studs. Cannot pass on a playmaker here.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Gotta grab the best LT on the board to protect your franchise. Jack Conklin.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, Harry Douglas, and Green-Beckham make up the current WR corps. "Nice, nice, not thrilling, but nice."(Mel Brooks) Could go with a superstar WR here. Treadwell is the far and away #1WR in this draft.

My vote is the Titans select Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi with the 15th overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.
    your vote hasn't registered in the poll...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Conklin is a great LT. You gotta protect your franchise QB.

IMO, it has to be Conklin.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

IMO, it has to be Conklin.
    I agree, I also voted for Conklin.

shall we move on to the Detroit Lions?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I agree, I also voted for Conklin.

shall we move on to the Detroit Lions?
    IDK there's only been 5 votes. I'd like to see if anyone else wants to throw their two cents in.

Maybe we wait another 2 hours...

IDK there's only been 5 votes. I'd like to see if anyone else wants to throw their two cents in.

Maybe we wait another 2 hours...
    Born2Steel voted for Treadwell, so there are actually 6 votes now.

we're still trying to teach him how to vote...

That's okay... I'm still learning how to create threads.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Tennessee pulled off a great trade for them. They will get 6 picks in the 1st 76 picks. What pisses me off about it is their 2nd round picks (3 of them, and 4 in 45 total) are all before our 2nd round pick. Which means this 1 team can get pretty rich pretty fast. They gave up Tunsil so that tells me they will look for OLine help later. So do they opt for weapons, or to build that defense here?

Defensively=LeBeau. They have Morgan and Orakpo at OLB, Woodyard and Williamson at ILB. Pretty strong. More likely looking at DLine than LB. And holy crap look who's still there...Reed, Lawson, and Dodd.

They have 3 picks coming up in the next 30 to get defensive studs. Cannot pass on a playmaker here.
    i think when you invest a #2 overall pick in a guy that looks like a franchise QB who just came off a season ending injury, you probably tend to avoid the Mike Tomlin school of "protecting your QB." Anyone else remember when Tomlin talked about how there are 2 ways to protect your QB, with a better Oline or by giving him lots of weapons? He sure learned from that one. I dont think the titans will make the same mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I see Conklin as a guard. I vote Decker. They like Lewan at LT, he's never played on the right side.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I see Conklin as a guard. I vote Decker. They like Lewan at LT, he's never played on the right side.
    Titans Thinking Offensive Tackle at 15

Updated April 14, 2016
    By Charlie Campbell

In January, WalterFootball.com first reported that the Titans wanted to trade down from the No. 1 overall pick. They knew that a team would want the top quarterback and would have to get in front of the Browns to land him. On Thursday morning, Tennessee followed through on that goal and moved down to the 15th-overall choice in a trade with the Rams.

The Titans are now loaded with early-round draft selections to address their various needs on the team. In speaking with sources, the Titans are keeping their options open in the first round, but offensive tackle is a top priority the team hopes to address.

Sources say the Titans are OK with either Michigan State left tackle Jack Conklin or Ohio State left tackle Taylor Decker. Either one would move to right tackle for Tennessee and form a bookend with 2014 first-round left tackle Taylor Lewan. The Titans have a slight preference for Conklin. Sources say that Conklin is the better player even though he isn't a great athlete. In speaking with Tennessee sources months ago, they said that a team might be able to get away with Conklin or Decker at left tackle, but they would be better players at right tackle in the NFL.

Another possibility could be trading up from 15 for Notre Dame left tackle Ronnie Stanley. However, sources say they feel that Stanley lacks some toughness and aggressiveness. Thus, keeping the picks to address other needs could be the route the Titans go.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftru...UOa7s42ivhd.99

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The pick has changed, but the need to protect Mariota hasn't. This board agreed in an overall landslide that the Titans would select an OT with a potential game-changer in Jalen Ramsey on the board and a need for DB help. It only makes sense that this be the best OT on the board at this juncture

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Born2Steel voted for Treadwell, so there are actually 6 votes now.

And I appreciate your patience.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Gotta grab the best LT on the board to protect your franchise. Jack Conklin.

Absolutely agreed ... and here we are at what, pick #15?

See, THIS is why taking Tunsil at pick #3 is about the worst, most shitbrained overkill that it's possible to do in a draft.

I voted for Conklin too.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

And I appreciate your patience.
    don't feel bad at all, you're certainly not alone. I'm about as technologically challenged as they come.

and we appreciate your input and participation in this mock draft...

don't feel bad at all, you're certainly not alone. I'm about as technologically challenged as they come.

and we appreciate your input and participation in this mock draft...
    It's looking like a slam dunk: Conklin.

It's looking like a slam dunk: Conklin.
    Conklin is the clear winner, I'll go ahead and post the Lions poll...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I'm about as technologically challenged as they come.