View Poll Results: With the #13 pick, the Dolphins select...

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jack Conklin, OT, Mich St

0 0%
  • Darron Lee, LB, Ohio St.

0 0%
  • Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama

0 0%
  • Shaq Lawson, OLB/DE, Clemson

0 0%
  • Kevin Dodd, OLB/DE, Clemson

1 10.00%
  • Noah Spence, OLB/DE, E Kentucky

0 0%
  • Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma St

1 10.00%
  • Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson

5 50.00%
  • Eli Apple, CB, Ohio St.

2 20.00%
  • William Jackson III, CB, Houston

1 10.00%

Thread: The Dolphins are on the clock...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

The Dolphins are on the clock...

The Dolphins are on the clock...

Over at Steelers Fever, every year, teegre & I would coordinate a "Steelers Fever Consensus Mock Draft".

We would start with the first pick... with a thread, a poll, and a discussion. The poll/thread would be up for 12 hours, and then, we'd move on to the next team. So on & so forth until we would get to Pittsburgh's selection, where the poll would stay open for several days.

Why??? This will allow for us to get a sense of who might ACTUALLY be there at pick #25. No joke: we've come pretty close every single year. Have fun with it.

So... as not to break tradition...
    "First Annual Steelers Universe Consensus Mock Draft".

1. LA: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St. (trade)
    2. SF: Jared Goff, QB, Berkeley (trade)
    3. SD: Laremy Tunsil, LT, Mississippi
    4. DAL: Jalen Ramsey, FS, Florida St.
    5. JAX: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
    6. BAL: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
    7. CLEV: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio St. (trade)
    8. PHI: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio St.
    9. TB: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
    10. NYG: Ronnie Stanley, LT, Notre Dame
    11. CHI: A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
    12. NO: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
    13. MIA:

The Dolphins are on the clock... and will be on the clock until around noon (EST).

[Mods, we don't want to garbage up the front page. Please, move/erase the Saints thread.]

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: The Dolphins are on the clock...

I voted for a surprise in William Jackson III. His tangibles could cause him to climb draft boards and the phins could use a DB. Someone always goes higher than expected

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

I feel very good about this being Kevin Dodd or Shaq Lawson if they draft unfolded as it has in our mocks. Cameron Wake is ancient (34) and Olivier Vernon left in free agency.

The cupboard is bare at defensive end so i think they'll go with one of the Clemson boys. I went with Dodd just because the dolphins seem to like heavy handed big defensive ends (ala Vernon and Wake). Even though I personally like Lawson better (higher floor, but lower ceiling), I have to say that Dodd plays pretty much exactly like Lamaar Woodley when he was actually good
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

how many of these have we been finishing per day anyways? I think were all anxious to see a full round get done before the draft
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    how many of these have we been finishing per day anyways? I think were all anxious to see a full round get done before the draft
    the plan is to get to the Steelers pick at #25 and then stay there a couple of days to allow everyone to vote and discuss.

we're currently on pick #13, which means we have 12 more selections to go before it's Pittsburgh's turn. if we average two teams a day from here on out Pittsburgh will be on the clock next Friday the 22nd and the 1st round of the NFL Draft officially begins on Thursday the 28th so we're right on schedule.

in the past, we have then skipped right to the Steelers pick in Round 2. one year, we correctly predicted DE Stephon Tuitt in Round 2 and got the 1st round ILB position right also but we thought it was going to be CJ Mosley instead of Ryan Shazier...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

The Fish had the 32nd ranked defense last year. After losing Brent Grimes, the Dolphins will probably be taking the highest rated CB on their board.

I'm guessing it's Eli Apple.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I agree the Dolphins are thinking CB here. They brought in Ekpre-Olomu for a try. McCain played well as a rookie for them, but this is a very thin position. I vote the Dolphins select Mackensie Alexander.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I think DE or CB make sense.

With Alexander sitting there, "I" would draft him (and get a DE in R2).

Would the Dolphins draft Alexander, though? Teams are shying away from him, due to his lack of interceptions. Whereas, Apple is ascending quickly.

I think that "they" go with Apple.

I like it, yet another close vote.

now if we can get someone to break the current tie we can move on and put Da Raidahs on the clock...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I like it, yet another close vote.

now if we can get someone to break the current tie we can move on and put Da Raidahs on the clock...
    If we switch my vote from Apple to Alexander, it lowers Apple to 2 votes, and raises Alexander to 4 votes.

Alexander is what "I" would have done; so, I have zero problem with that pick.

(I can't start the new thread; I've got both kids by myself, and it's lunch time.)

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    If we switch my vote from Apple to Alexander, it lowers Apple to 2 votes, and raises Alexander to 4 votes.

Alexander is what "I" would have done; so, I have zero problem with that pick.

(I can't start the new thread; I've got both kids by myself, and it's lunch time.)
    let's give it a little more time, hopefully someone will break this tie soon...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Any way to give 20-25 choices? 10 seems too restrictive.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I guess Alexander it is. Has a 4-3 advantage over Apple

That would be a nice pairing. Alexander and McCain. Good tandem.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I guess Alexander it is. Has a 4-3 advantage over Apple
    Plus, if I switch my vote from Apple to Alexander, that makes it 5-2.

Alexander it is. /thread

Alexander it is. /thread
    Alexander it is.

Da Raidahs are now on the clock...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Done.