View Poll Results: With the #10 pick, the Giants select...

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ronnie Stanley, LT, Notre Dame

4 40.00%
  • Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi

2 20.00%
  • Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia

0 0%
  • Darron Lee, LB, Ohio St.

2 20.00%
  • Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama

0 0%
  • Shaq Lawson, OLB/DE, Clemson

0 0%
  • Kevin Dodd, OLB/DE, Clemson

2 20.00%
  • Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson

0 0%
  • Eli Apple, CB, Ohio St.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New York Giants are on the clock...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The New York Giants are on the clock...

Over at Steelers Fever, every year, hawaiiansteeler & I would coordinate a "Steelers Fever Consensus Mock Draft".

We would start with the first pick... with a thread, a poll, and a discussion. The poll/thread would be up for 12 hours, and then, we'd move on to the next team. So on & so forth until we would get to Pittsburgh's selection, where the poll would stay open for several days.

Why??? This will allow for us to get a sense of who might ACTUALLY be there at pick #25. No joke: we've come pretty close every single year. Have fun with it.

So... as not to break tradition...
    "First Annual Steelers Universe Consensus Mock Draft".

1. TENN: Laremy Tunsil, LT, Mississippi
    2. CLEV: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St.
    3. SD: Jalen Ramsey, FS, Florida St.
    4. DAL: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio St.
    5. JAX: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
    6. BAL: Vernon Hargresves III, CB, Florida
    7. SF: Jared Goff, QB, Berkeley
    8. PHI: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio St.
    9. TB: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
    10. NYG:

The New York Giants are on the clock... and will be on the clock until around 12:00 noon (EST).

[Mods, I don't want to garbage up the front page. Please, move/erase the Tampa Bay thread.]

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Re: The New York Giants are on the clock...

BPA Ronnie Stanley

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

My initial reaction:
    Stanley is the BPA, and they could use an OT.

After a few moments:
    They just shelled out $2 bazillion fir defensive players... because, their defense sucked. They could use three LBs. Lee or Ragland make a ton of sense (even Floyd does).

Hmmm...

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Dodd, give JPP a running mate
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Giants draft protection for Eli

The Titans have traded the #1 pick.

I don't think that it changes OUR mock too much. I figure Wentz goes #1... and, Tunsil now goes #2 to Cleveland. (It gives Cleveland the best OTs in the NFL.)

1. LA: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St.
    2. CLEV: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Notre Dame

Or... Cleveland takes Ramsey; in which case, San Diego takes Tunsil.

2. CLEV: Jalen Ramsey, FS, Florida St.
    3. SD: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Notre Dame

What says all of you???

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'm sticking with pass rush as the biggest need early for most teams. The Giants are no different. Since Dodd has already gotten a vote, he's as good a choice as any. So Kevin Dodd is my vote.

The Giants OLine has steadily improved over the past 2 seasons. Still not great but progressing. OT makes sense also.

With Cleveland deciding between Tunsil and Ramsey, Cleveland would probably be better off selecting Tunsil to protect the injury-prone RGknee, but we are talking about Cleveland and Moneyball's numbers may conclude that Ramsey will be more impactful and thus should be the pick. With that said my new 1st 3 rounds will look like this
    1. Wentz
    2. Ramsey
    3. Tunsil

Don't be surprised though if the Eagles and Niners trade into the no. 2 spot before this mock draft is over

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Obviously the Rams are taking a QB, but I think it might be Goff. In either case, I still expect Cleveland to take a QB, so Goff and Wentz will go 1-2 in some order; which way doesn't make a whole lot of impact on this. The 49ers are now the ones left in the lurch.

However, this could greatly affect where the first OT goes, because the Chargers are the only ones from #3-6 who have a big need there. And if Ramsey is available, I think he's too good, and the timing just too fortunate with their Pro Bowl safety leaving, to pass up.

#1/2 - Goff/Wentz
    #3 - Ramsey
    #4 - Bosa
    #5 - Jack
    #6 - Hargreaves
    #7 (49ers) - Lynch!
    #8 - Elliott
    #9 (TB) - Tunsil
    #10 (Giants) - Buckner
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

I don't think that it changes OUR mock too much. I figure Wentz goes #1... and, Tunsil now goes #2 to Cleveland. (It gives Cleveland the best OTs in the NFL.)

What says all of you???
    so are we revoting on this or what? i do agree with your new 3 picks though. so im in favor of just using that instead
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

What says all of you???
    I'll go with the majority here.

I think I was looking at it as the Rams taking Goff, but then why get ahead of Cleveland? Since most have the Browns taking Wentz, it stands to reason the Rams want Wentz and traded ahead to get him. So does this make Cleveland stand with RGIII and take BPA at #2, or take Goff who is QB1b on a lot of boards?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    so are we revoting on this or what? i do agree with your new 3 picks though. so im in favor of just using that instead
    I remember Hue Jackson making a negative comment about Goff's small hands and how it would negatively impact him in the cold of Cleveland

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I'll go with the majority here.

I think I was looking at it as the Rams taking Goff, but then why get ahead of Cleveland? Since most have the Browns taking Wentz, it stands to reason the Rams want Wentz and traded ahead to get him. So does this make Cleveland stand with RGIII and take BPA at #2, or take Goff who is QB1b on a lot of boards?

I think Cleveland wants a QB very desperately and will take one whether it's Goff or Wentz. Overall that doesn't change the players available very much at #10, just the order in which they're selected.

The key to the whole thing is what the 49ers decide to do. If they are that hard-up for a QB, they could reach for Lynch at #7, which makes one of the players on our list available again. Or execute a trade for #2 and Cleveland takes Lynch at #7.

Of course, they could also stand pat and take the BPA, or even back out of the Kaepernick trade to solve their QB problem. But I would guess about 60-40 that this causes another QB to go in the top 10 and one player named above to be available.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

the Browns already have Joe Thomas at LT and the #2 pick is too valuable to spend on a RT, you can get one of those later on in the draft.

the Browns and Hue Jackson reportedly preferred Wentz over Goff and reportedly are now looking to trade out of the #2 spot. however, since we're not predicting trades the Browns in this scenario would most likely take Ramsey and Tunsil would then go to San Diego at #3.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Well the trade really threw a wrench into this mock . . . it is possible both QB's are gone 1 and 2 now which may just shift some ppl around at the top, but probably won't affect where the Steelers pick.

Why not just start again? It would take all of 30mins tops.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Why not just start again? It would take all of 30mins tops.
    I am in favor of it. teegre is stuck in a meeting today, if he also is in favor of starting all over again we'll put the Rams on the clock...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    once teegre is out of his meeting we will discuss whether we should re-vote from the beginning and put the Rams on the clock or whether to merely change the top 3 votes to:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sticking with pass rush as the biggest need early for most teams. The Giants are no different. Since Dodd has already gotten a vote, he's as good a choice as any. So Kevin Dodd is my vote.
    I noticed Kevin Dodd still has only one vote, did you vote in the poll above ?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I am in favor of it. teegre is stuck in a meeting today, if he also is in favor of starting all over again we'll put the Rams on the clock...

- - - Updated - - -

once teegre is out of his meeting we will discuss whether we should re-vote from the beginning and put the Rams on the clock or whether to merely change the top 3 votes to:

I have a 5 minute break. Here are my 2 cents.

We we can skip LA, since they are obviously trading up for Wentz.

Let's start at pick #2...

QUESTION:
    I am now 99% positive that SF or PHI will trade up to #2. Let's put that as part of the first poll:

With the #2 pick, Cleveland will select:

--trades with SF
    --trades with PHI
    --Goff
    --Tunsil
    --Ramsey

Okay. Back to work.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed Kevin Dodd still has only one vote, did you vote in the poll above ?
    psycho ward voted for Dodd also. I was following his lead with a pass rusher.

QUESTION:
    I am now 99% positive that SF or PHI will trade up to #2. Let's put that as part of the first poll:

With the #2 pick, Cleveland will select:

--trades with SF
    --trades with PHI
    --Goff
    --Tunsil
    --Ramsey

The only thing that's likely to produce different choices at #10 is if the Cleveland/SF/Philly scenario results in three top-10 QBs instead of two, due to Lynch getting taken by one of those teams - and then one guy from our list gets thrown back into the pool. If Goff and Wentz are still the only two QBs so far, then we can proceed on as usual because we can count on the same guys being taken, just in slightly different order.

So the real question is: Do we now think Lynch will be taken in the first 9 picks or not? And if so, which other player would not? (My guess would be Buckner or Elliott.)
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    The only thing that's likely to produce different choices at #10 is if the Cleveland/SF/Philly scenario results in three top-10 QBs instead of two, due to Lynch getting taken by one of those teams - and then one guy from our list gets thrown back into the pool. If Goff and Wentz are still the only two QBs so far, then we can proceed on as usual because we can count on the same guys being taken, just in slightly different order.

So the real question is: Do we now think Lynch will be taken in the first 9 picks or not? And if so, which other player would not? (My guess would be Buckner or Elliott.)
    I agree, the only real question or difference would be whether or not SF or Philly would reach for Paxton Lynch...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I think the Browns will do a trade down with the 49ers.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I think the Browns will do a trade down with the 49ers.
    imo, the 49ers are much more likely trading partners with the Browns than Philly is because the 49ers have a 2nd round draft pick and the Eagles don't.

I agree, the only real question or difference would be whether or not SF or Philly would reach for Paxton Lynch...
    Or the third scenario is that one of them trades with Cleveland for the #2 pick, and Cleveland reaches for Lynch since they are now armed with extra selections ... if one of those three teams does not grab him, though, Lynch could slide as far as KC at #28 or Denver at #31, or even out of the first round.

How desperate are they? You could make an argument that all three of them could stand pat with Bradford/Kaepernick/RGIII if they are not in love with Lynch. But you could make an equally strong case against that. I know the least about him of the three top QB prospects, so I really can't guess intelligently.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

After reading through this thread...

Changing the first two picks, changes San Diego's pick, which changes Dallas' pick... but, the rest shouldn't change too much.

How does this sound:

1. LA: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St. (trade)
    2. SF: Jared Goff, QB, Berkeley (trade)
    3. SD: Laremy Tunsil, LT, Mississippi
    4. DAL: Jalen Ramsey, FS, Florida St.

7. CLEV: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio St. (trade)
    10. NYG:

Yes/no: shall we make this the top 9, and proceed with the NYGiants?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Changing the first two picks, changes San Diego's pick, which changes Dallas' pick... but, the rest shouldn't change too much.

How does this sound:

10. NYG:

I think the chargers will take Ramsey and Laremy Tunsil will go with the Ravens

...aaand this is why we might have to re-do the top nine picks.

...aaand this is why we might have to re-do the top nine picks.
    I'll let you be the one to tell the mods they have to move the old poll threads all over again...

Either way they are both off the board before the Giants pick. So does it really matter?

How does this sound:

10. NYG:

I am in favor of this. That is what I was thinking too