View Poll Results: With the #7 pick, the Niners select...

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jared Goff, QB, Berkeley

11 91.67%
  • Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis

0 0%
  • Ronnie Stanley, LT, Notre Dame

0 0%
  • DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon

1 8.33%
  • Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi

0 0%

Thread: San Fran is on the clock...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

San Fran is on the clock...

Over at Steelers Fever, every year, hawaiiansteeler & I would coordinate a "Steelers Fever Consensus Mock Draft".

We would start with the first pick... with a thread, a poll, and a discussion. The poll/thread would be up for 12 hours, and then, we'd move on to the next team. So on & so forth until we would get to Pittsburgh's selection, where the poll would stay open for several days.

Why??? This will allow for us to get a sense of who might ACTUALLY be there at pick #25. No joke: we've come pretty close every single year. Have fun with it.

So... as not to break tradition...
    "First Annual Steelers Universe Consensus Mock Draft".

1. TENN: Laremy Tunsil, LT, Mississippi
    2. CLEV: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St.
    3. SD: Jalen Ramsey, FS, Florida St.
    4. DAL: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio St.
    5. JAX: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
    6. BAL: Vernon Hargresves III, CB, Florida
    7. SF:

San Francisco is on the clock... and will be on the clock until around 9:00 (EST).

[Mods, I don't want to garbage up the front page. Please, move/erase the Baltimore thread.]

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: San Fran is on the clock...

This poll easily could have had one name.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    This poll easily could have had one name.
    if Jared Goff is still there when the 49ers actually pick in real life, they are going to sprint up to the podium. I don't believe he will be as another team such as the Eagles or Rams will trade in front of them or the Cowgirls will pick him as Romo's successor but since we aren't doing trades this will rightfully be a landslide victory for Goff.

we can probably close this poll later today and put the Eagles on the clock...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    if Jared Goff is still there when the 49ers actually pick in real life, they are going to sprint up to the podium. I don't believe he will be as another team such as the Eagles or Rams will trade in front of them or the Cowgirls will pick him as Romo's successor but since we aren't doing trades this will rightfully be a landslide victory for Goff.

we can probably close this poll later today and put the Eagles on the clock...
    True. I see the Ravens trading out of 6.

But, I could also see San Fran trading up to #1. At #7, Tennessee would still have one of the following players: Tunsil, Ramsey, Stanley, Jack, Elliot, Bosa, Buckner, or Hargreaves. If they can get next year's R1 pick, plus one of those players, Tennessee should move down.

Anyway, Goff is is the perfect QB for the Chip Kelly offense. If they get him, they'll have a resurgence.

- - - Updated - - -

The Niners trade Kaepernick to Denver for Denver's 2017 R1 pick.

The Niners trade their own 2017 R1 draft pick to Tennessee in order to swap spots up the #1 overall.

2017 DRAFT, ROUND 1:
    Denver has no pick.
    San Fran has Denver's pick.
    Tennessee has their own pick and San Fran's pick.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Easily Goff
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

The Niners trade Kaepernick to Denver for Denver's 2017 R1 pick.
    I don't believe that Kaepernick is worth a 1st round draft pick. if that trade does go down, I think it will be for closer to a 3rd round selection...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I haven't seen anyone mock any position other than QB to SF in the 1st.....So, Goff is the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I don't believe that Kaepernick is worth a 1st round draft pick. if that trade does go down, I think it will be for closer to a 3rd round selection...
    I don't that he's worth a R1 pick either...

One factor: the rule of thumb is that a draft pick for the following draft is worth one round less than it would be this year. As in: a R1 next year is equivolent to a R2 pick this year... which I could see happening.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I don't that he's worth a R1 pick either...

One factor: the rule of thumb is that a draft pick for the following draft is worth one round less than it would be this year. As in: a R1 next year is equivolent to a R2 pick this year... which I could see happening.

yea but lets look closer ... he was benched in favor of a guy who was not only benched but cut elsewhere , his contract is highly inflated based on his most recent performance and that money is always a factor ( who is going to pay what ) the ONLY way I would gamble sending a 1st rounder in next years draft is if his contract was paid fully by the 49ers there is far to much risk involved in trading for him to begin with add on the extreme cost of selection and paycheck ... no way in hell

Denver should have went after RG3 and drafted a QB as insurance

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I went with Goff as well.

As far as Kaepernick goes. He took a team to two conference championships and a Super Bowl. If he gets in the right system, he may be able to resurrect his career.

I wouldn't take him because I want a quarterback that can beat you with the passing game first, then use his mobility as a secondary weapon. All he needs is one team to believe he can be an effective quarterback and a winner. If he becomes a good starting quarterback, he is worth a first round pick. He would also be a steal at his current salary going forward.

It's a gamble, but someone may be willing to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    yea but lets look closer ... he was benched in favor of a guy who was not only benched but cut elsewhere , his contract is highly inflated based on his most recent performance and that money is always a factor ( who is going to pay what ) the ONLY way I would gamble sending a 1st rounder in next years draft is if his contract was paid fully by the 49ers there is far to much risk involved in trading for him to begin with add on the extreme cost of selection and paycheck ... no way in hell

Denver should have went after RG3 and drafted a QB as insurance
    Dont get me wrong: I would never trade for Kaepernick.

But, I could see why Denver would be trying to trade for him. They are like San Fran of 2011-2013: they are going to win with their defense.

Were I the Broncos, I would trade down from 31, to about 40... and take Christian Hackenberg or Connor Cook.

@hawaiiansteeler
    The poll seems unanimous. Let's move on. Would you like to post the next poll...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The Niners have plenty of picks and cap space to pretty much do whatever they want for this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

It will be Goff, but the 49ers don't need to trade up to #1. Cleveland will take a QB but none of the other first 6 teams will. I guess there's a chance of someone like the Eagles or Rams trading up to be in front of them, but then again, they also might not. I wouldn't be willing to bet two likely top-10 picks on that if I were them.

The real question is: Has anyone pegged either of those two guys as the sure-thing QB worth multiple first-round picks? Not that I've heard of. If someone else wants to get grabby about it, they'll have to give up so much that they're digging themselves a big, big hole. If Sf was really worried about it, they could trade up to #3 and still be almost guaranteed of getting one of them.

There is no way Kaepernick is worth even close to a first-rounder; compensation for that will be a mid-round pick and a salary dump.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Goff because they need a QB and he went to Berkeley.
    All Defense!

Goff is the obvious choice. /thread

New poll will be up shortly.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Wouldn't it be just like the Browns to NOT take a QB and Wentz and Goff and Lynch ALL become HoFers....lol

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The Browns are so cursed that even if they had a time machine and could bring rookies Joe Montana and Jerry Rice to the future, those players would be out of the NFL in 3 years.
    All Defense!

Maybe put Goff to Rams, reopen 49ers pick and reboot from there?