View Poll Results: With the #6 pick, the Ravens select...

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ronnie Stanley, LT, Notre Dame

3 21.43%
  • DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon

4 28.57%
  • Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida

5 35.71%
  • Ezekial Elliott, RB, Ohio St.

0 0%
  • Darron Lee, LB, Ohio St.

0 0%
  • Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi

1 7.14%
  • Riley Dixon, P, Syracuse

0 0%
  • Ross Martin, K, Duke

0 0%
  • A limousine ride

1 7.14%
  • Female cheerleaders

0 0%

Thread: Baltimore is on the clock...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Baltimore is on the clock...

Over at Steelers Fever, every year, hawaiiansteeler & I would coordinate a "Steelers Fever Consensus Mock Draft".

We would start with the first pick... with a thread, a poll, and a discussion. The poll/thread would be up for 12 hours, and then, we'd move on to the next team. So on & so forth until we would get to Pittsburgh's selection, where the poll would stay open for several days.

Why??? This will allow for us to get a sense of who might ACTUALLY be there at pick #25. No joke: we've come pretty close every single year. Have fun with it.

So... as not to break tradition...
    "First Annual Steelers Universe Consensus Mock Draft".

1. TENN: Laremy Tunsil, LT, Mississippi
    2. CLEV: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St.
    3. SD: Jalen Ramsey, FS, Florida St.
    4. DAL: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio St.
    5. JAX: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
    6. BAL:

Baltimore is on the clock... and will be on the clock until around 12:00 noon (EST).

[Mods, I don't want to garbage up the front page. Please, move/erase the Jacksonville thread.]

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Re: Baltimore is on the clock...

Buckner i think is a better value than Hargreaves. They have Jimmy Smith, and I think they might gamble on Webb returning back to his pro-bowl caliber form and grab a corner later. Ravens are one man away from dominating in the trenches again
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Ravens don't miss on best CB in the draft.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

tried to vote guy with missing white suit but couldn't find him

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The ravens will probably do a trade down with a team(rams) who want a QB to move ahead the 49ers in this draft.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The ravens will probably do a trade down with a team(rams) who want a QB to move ahead the 49ers in this draft.
    That is true.

I hear you... but... from past experience, figuring out the trades gets tricky. For example, who trades up? Most likely, it's the Rams... but, it could be someone else.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Buckner and Elliott are probably the last big-name "elite" players left at this point, and it won't be Elliott. It could be Hargreaves, flip a coin, but I went with Buckner here.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The Ravens had almost as big a struggle as we did in the secondary. Now they have Webb and Weddle. They still need help at CB, and Hargreaves is the best in the draft and still on the board. They also are old and pitiful at LB now. Offensively, they lost O'Smelly on the line, they have 2 feature RBs, they signed Wallace because they are severely lacking at WR, with 'needs to retire' Smith Jr, and Perriman(season ending injury last year), so WR is a consideration, TE is not a big enough need. I think the pick comes down between Hargreaves, Treadwell, and Stanley.
    With the 6th overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida.

This is a tough one.

There is no clear winner... so, I'll leave it open for an hour or so longer, until one of those options takes the lead.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    This is a tough one.

There is no clear winner... so, I'll leave it open for an hour or so longer, until one of those options takes the lead.
    cool, another close vote. in fact, tied between Hargreaves and the Hawaii boy DeForest Buckner. (he graduated from the same high school Obama did).

once we have an agreed upon winner I'll post the next poll for the 49ers...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    cool, another close vote. in fact, tied between Hargreaves and the Hawaii boy DeForest Buckner. (he graduated from the same high school Obama did).

once we have an agreed upon winner I'll post the next poll for the 49ers...
    Thanks, Obama.

Let's give it another hour or so... (how about 4:00 EST???).

NOTE: I haven't voted yet; I could be the tie-breaker, if need be.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Thanks, Obama.

Let's give it another hour or so... (how about 4:00 EST???).

NOTE: I haven't voted yet; I could be the tie-breaker, if need be.
    if it's still tied in an hour, you can be the tiebreaker. let me know and I'll post the 49ers poll...

if it's still tied in an hour, you can be the tiebreaker. let me know and I'll post the 49ers poll...
    What's funny is that I was leaning towards Ronnie Stanley... which would cause a three-way tie.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Go with your gut feeling. We have 2 weeks until the actual draft anyway. Since so few are posting today, I'm thinking maybe not a good day. Unless it's just that nobody wants to give the Ratbirds a good player.

@hawaiinsteeler

Let's move on to the next pick. There hasn't been a new vote in a while.

I just voted for Stanley (for authenticity), but to get the ball rolling, I'll switch my vote to Hargreaves. My rationale is that there is a severe drop off in CB talent after Hargreaves; whereas, this draft is deeeep at DE.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

@hawaiinsteeler

Let's move on to the next pick. There hasn't been a new vote in a while.

I just voted for Stanley (for authenticity), but to get the ball rolling, I'll switch my vote to Hargreaves. My rationale is that there is a severe drop off in CB talent after Hargreaves; whereas, this draft is deeeep at DE.

I went with your suggestion of Hargreaves. It makes sense and breaks the deadlock.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I went with your suggestion of Hargreaves. It makes sense and breaks the deadlock.
    Done.
    Hargreaves is the pick. /thread

The new poll will be up shortly.

Done.
    Hargreaves is the pick. /thread

The new poll will be up shortly.
    ok, Hargreaves it is.

I'll post the 49ers poll now...

ok, Hargreaves it is.

I'll post the 49ers poll now...
    Whoops... I thought you had logged out. So, I posted it.

My bad.

Whoops... I thought you had logged out. So, I posted it.

My bad.
    no worries, as long as it gets done. I just feel bad that you're having to do all the work and I'm not doing my fair share...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I was busy with work all day, otherwise I would have voted for Buckner sooner. I think the Rats go BPA and that would probably be Buckner over Hargreaves