View Poll Results: With the #4 pick, the Cowboys select...

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jared Goff, QB, Berkeley

2 12.50%
  • Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis

0 0%
  • Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio St

5 31.25%
  • Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio St.

8 50.00%
  • Myles Jack, LB, UCLA

1 6.25%
  • Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida

0 0%
  • DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon

0 0%
  • Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss

0 0%

Thread: Poll: The Cowboys are on the clock...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Poll: The Cowboys are on the clock...

The Cowboys are on the clock...

Over at Steelers Fever, every year, teegre & I would coordinate a "Steelers Fever Consensus Mock Draft".

We would start with the first pick... with a thread, a poll, and a discussion. The poll/thread would be up for 12 hours, and then, we'd move on to the next team. So on & so forth until we would get to Pittsburgh's selection, where the poll would stay open for several days.

Why??? This will allow for us to get a sense of who might ACTUALLY be there at pick #25. No joke: we've come pretty close every single year. Have fun with it.

So... as not to break tradition...
    "First Annual Steelers Universe Consensus Mock Draft".

1. TENN: Laremy Tunsil, LT, Mississippi
    2. CLEV: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St.
    3. SD: Jalen Ramsey FS, Fla St
    4. DAL:

Dallas is on the clock... and will be on the clock until midnight (EST).

[Mods, I don't want to garbage up the front page. Please, move/erase the San Diego thread.]

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Poll: The Cowboys are on the clock...

the Cowgirls could go in several directions here, as they need to find Tony Romo's successor sometime and also have a real need at RB.

however, I went with Joey Bosa...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Man, I'm going to have to mull this one over.

Do do they go with a QB??? (Goff, Lynch)

Or, do they surround Romo with weapons??? (Elliott)

Jerrah likes him some star power, and Bosa is the biggest name left... but, not really a need.

They need secondary help. (Hargreaves)

SUMMATION:
    They could really ally use a linebacker, and Myles Jack is also the best player remaining IMO.

Need + BPA = Myles Jack

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I think the best pick for them would be Goff, because Romo is made of glass and looks like he is well into the end-of-career slide. But Jones has an ENORMOUS hard-on for the guy, so they probably won't take a QB there. Maybe they'll draft for a backup/longshot successor in the later rounds. I think that's a mistake, because inevitably by betting it all on Romo they will struggle to a bunch of 7-9 seasons and not be in a position to get a real franchise QB again until they go through another spell of REALLY sucking.

Elliott is going to be great for whichever team gets him, but the Cowboys are into the Darren McFadden experiment and won't pull the plug after one year.

Basically all of their defense needs help, but I think they are not going to draft Hargreaves that high. They have been REALLY hammering away at the pass rush the past few years like their life depends on it, and the Greg Hardy thing didn't work out, so I am betting they go for another "splash" move with Bosa.

Jack could be the odd man out and even fall to #10 or so if he doesn't go to the Cowboys ... even though he'd almost certainly be the best player left on pure talent, about every team between them and the Giants has at least one other need that is almost too blatant to ignore.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Bosa. Somehow i think that Jones compares Bosa to JJ Watt, and using Jones logic it would make sense. For us, mortals, its laughable, but hey its Jerrah, anything is possible.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Who knows since Jones could do anything depending on when the vicodin kicks in. I say they pick Elliot the RB. Romo might have 2 seasons left in him. If he doesn't make it through this one he should retire.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I went with Zeke Elliot, it seems like a flashy Jerrah type of move. The Cowboys would probably be better served with a replacement for Choko or defensive help.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Some thoughts...

At DE, they have DeMarcus Lawrence (an early-round pick from two years ago), and Cedric Thornton (who's still pretty good).

At LB, they have Sean Lee (habitually-injured) and Rolando McClain (a never-was).

SUMMATION:
    Bosa makes sense. But, Myles Jack seems to fill the larger void.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I have no idea what the Cowboy's needs are. Most mocks have them taking Bosa. I have watched several of Bosa's games and there is a real potential there with him as a pass rusher. With the Cowboy's experiment with Greg Hardy becoming a failure, I think they look to Bosa as Hardy's replacement and his pass rush ability.
    With the 4th pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Joey Bosa, OLB, OSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    Bosa. Somehow i think that Jones compares Bosa to JJ Watt, and using Jones logic it would make sense. For us, mortals, its laughable, but hey its Jerrah, anything is possible.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Elliot. Have to take advantage of that O-line. Tony Romo can tough it out for just a smidge more, but Elliot could still really help carry the team irregardless
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

They will trade their pick away for Johnny Walmart........ not realizing Manziel was waived.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    They will trade their pick away for Johnny Walmart........ not realizing Manziel was waived.
    Q: If you have a car containing Josh Gordon, Greg Hardy, Joseph Randle and Johnny Manziel, who is driving the car?

A: The cop.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Q: If you have a car containing Josh Gordon, Greg Hardy, Joseph Randle and Johnny Manziel, who is driving the car?

A: The cop.
    They left Ray Rice in the elevator

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Is Martavis in the trunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Is Martavis in the trunk?
    Q: What do you call one bowl between Josh Gordon, Ricky Williams and Martavis Bryant?

A: Malnutrition.

Well crap... it's essentially a tie so far.

We. Need. More. Votes.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Well crap... it's essentially a tie so far.

We. Need. More. Votes.
    Bosa wins 7-5 in our closest vote yet.

next up, Jacksonville. want me to start the new thread or do you want to?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Bosa wins 7-5 in our closest vote yet.

next up, Jacksonville. want me to start the new thread or do you want to?
    Close one.

I just had a coffee... so, I'll go ahead & post it. :wired:

8-5

Bosa it is. This thread is done. JAX thread started.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    8-5

Bosa it is. This thread is done. JAX thread started.
    thanks, you Da Man!