View Poll Results: With the #2 overall pick, Cleveland selects...

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St.

6 50.00%
  • Jalen Ramsey, FS, Florida St.

2 16.67%
  • Jared Goff, QB, Berkeley

1 8.33%
  • Myles Jack, LB, UCLA

0 0%
  • Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis

0 0%
  • Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio St.

2 16.67%
  • DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon

0 0%
  • Ronnie Stanley, LT, Notre Dame

1 8.33%

Thread: Cleveland is on the clock...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Cleveland is on the clock...

Over at Steelers Fever, every year, hawaiiansteeler & I would coordinate a "Steelers Fever Consensus Mock Draft".

We would start with the first pick... with a thread, a poll, and a discussion. The poll/thread would be up for 12 hours, and then, we'd move on to the next team. So on & so forth until we would get to Pittsburgh's selection, where the poll would stay open for several days.

Why??? This will allow for us to get a sense of who might ACTUALLY be there at pick #25. No joke: we've come pretty close every single year. Have fun with it.

So... as not to break tradition...
    "First Annual Steelers Universe Consensus Mock Draft".

1. TENN: Laremy Tunsil, LT, Mississippi
    2. CLEV:

Cleveland is on the clock... and will be on the clock until 12:00 noon (EST).

[Mods, I don't want to garbage up the front page. Please, move/erase the Tennessee thread.]

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Cleveland is on the clock...

gotta go with a QB here, RGIII certainly isn't the long-term answer...

Jalen Ramsey is who the Brownies should take, but when is the last time they did the right thing?

a little off topic, but did you guys read where Josh Gordon reportedly failed yet another drug test?
    Last edited by hawaiiansteeler; 04-12-2016 at 12:38 AM.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I picked Goff because I think he'll be the better NFL quarterback, but then I remembered this is Cleveland. I should've picked Wentz based on the fact that he has an awesome underdog story and a ton of positive hype, and the Browns have the chance to fuck it up brutally. In a year and a half, he'll be a disgrace to the franchise and a broken man. I mean, it's almost too good of a match to be true. So if you can wipe out my vote and switch it to Wentz, that's what I should've done.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    (Mods, I don't want to garbage up the front page. Please, move/erase the Tennessee thread.)
    No worries, I have moved the Tennessee thread over to the Draft Central subforum.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

Jalen Ramsey is who the Brownies should take, but when is the last time they did the right thing?

a little off topic, but did you guys read where Josh Gordon reportedly failed yet another drug test?

I think they go QB. Carson Wentz would probably be the pick.

Josh Gordon apparently failed a test last month. It's hard to believe that he can't just stay away from substances to get back to the NFL to make millions of dollars. What a waste of talent.

Let's hope that Martavis Bryant isn't going down this same path to self destruction and eventual poverty.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

pundits are not saying it but when it is all said and done the QB in this draft that will likely have the best career is the one that really is not being talked about any more .

he has good size , the best resume and is the most pro ready and I have seen him in some mocks still around early round 3 ( won't happen in the real draft )

Connor Cook

but with RG3 in the fold I think they give him a shot at being what he was originally billed as a Franchise QB and surround him with the tools to be able to shine .

first thing you have to do is protect him ( something he did not get in Washington )

next he needs weapons .

so I look for O-Line then WR

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

With Cleveland getting Griffen I don't believe they go QB at #2 overall. I think maybe they start giving him weapons and protection. I'm voting the Browns take Ezekiel Elliott, RB, OSU with the 2nd pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I think they go QB. Carson Wentz would probably be the pick.

Josh Gordon apparently failed a test last month. It's hard to believe that he can't just stay away from substances to get back to the NFL to make millions of dollars. What a waste of talent.

Let's hope that Martavis Bryant isn't going down this same path to self destruction and eventual poverty.
    Agreed, its the Browns, a new draft, a new QB.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

Did you her that Manziel is staying with Josh Gordon in L.A.? Seriously...just heard that yesterday.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Did you her that Manziel is staying with Josh Gordon in L.A.? Seriously...just heard that yesterday.
    Well, according to Johnny Rehab, he's staying with Von Miller...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Well, according to Johnny Rehab, he's staying with Von Miller...

he is so messed up he lacks the ability to tell the difference Von=Josh ???

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

7 votes for Wentz.

He's the pick. Poor kid.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    7 votes for Wentz.

He's the pick. Poor kid.

I am saddened by the fact no long snapper was listed .

it is Cleveland after all and they normally make an incredibly bad decision so why not a long snapper ?

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    I am saddened by the fact no long snapper was listed .

it is Cleveland after all and they normally make an incredibly bad decision so why not a long snapper ?
    No joke: I almost listed one.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It is Cleveland. Their new front office team loves them some analytics. Their #'s will say that Bosa is the next JJ Watt (he isn't), but their #'s will say he is and that will be the pick.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    It is Cleveland. Their new front office team loves them some analytics. Their #'s will say that Bosa is the next JJ Watt (he isn't), but their #'s will say he is and that will be the pick.
    I forgot they got the guy from the Mets in the F.O.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I forgot they got the guy from the Mets in the F.O.
    So maybe they take A-Rod?

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

For the sake of humanity, Cleveland should avoid drafting a first round QB this year so as not to ruin another person's life. Anything except a QB.
    go with something safe like a T, LB or DE.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I know I am late, I just want to add my opinion. I actually think Ramsey will go to Cleveland if available. I think Mr. Moneyball will probably say go with the best player available (Ramsey). Plus, I think Hue Jackson may want to take on RGknee as a reclamation project. Plus the Browns lost 2 safeties in the offseason

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I know I am late, I just want to add my opinion. I actually think Ramsey will go to Cleveland if available. I think Mr. Moneyball will probably say go with the best player available (Ramsey). Plus, I think Hue Jackson may want to take on RGknee as a reclamation project. Plus the Browns lost 2 safeties in the offseason
    I agree with everything in this post.

Throw this out there and see if it's thought worthy....

Cleveland brings in RGIII to do what? Be the backup to a new rookie? This could be a scenario where the Browns plan to go with RGIII now and put weapons around him. With most teams loading up on defense, offensive weapons are just sitting there for the taking. Plan#1, what if they take the far and away best RB here with Elliot, then with the 1st pick in round 2 they take the top rated TE with Henry, then spend the 2nd pick of rd 3 on the best WR available, which could be Tyler Boyd, Sterling Shepard, Pharoah Cooper, or Michael Thomas. Then they have 2 4th rd picks to pick from a deep defensive draft. Just saying, you gotta get rich somehow.

Remember the Colts played 'suck for Luck'? The Browns get weapons this draft, maybe solidify the OLine, and go with RGIII. Then 'suck for Kelly' who will be available and probably #1 rated QB in next year's draft. I've watched plenty of his games and he reminds me of Brett Favre, the good years. Plus he has his uncle's fire.

Since they are the "dogpound", I'll start the 'Show your belly for Kelly' slogan.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Stains will draft Tim Couch, Kentucky to be their 2nd baseman.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    +2