Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burn The Quran !

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Burn The Quran !

Well. I think it would be a mistake... but this guy doesn't:

The Rev. Terry Jones:

What a better way to protest the Rev. Terry Jones scheduled burning of the Quran THAN A BURNING OF TERRY JONES'S IMAGE !!! LOL !!!

Well. Here's a little more info:

Dove World church plan for Koran burning triggers counterprotests

The pastor of the Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville, Fla., is no stranger to controversy. Interfaith groups and others are mobilizing to protest his planned Koran burning on Sept. 11. ...

LINK: http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society...ounterprotests

Here's the Facebook page... Look in the photos section of some of the things this "Church" posted about Islam... I couldn't believe it !!! interesting... LINK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Intern...3226530?v=wall

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Re: Burn The Quran !

Big mistake. This will enrage muslims overseas and undo alot of things our troops are doing in the muslim nations
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

I agree. I think it's foolish. It certainly does not help what we've been trying to accomplish for the past 9yrs.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Yeah, let's fight extremism with stupidity. What could possibly happen?

I may have a strong distrust for Muslims, but I would never, EVER burn their holy book, nor would I ever support someone doing so. This guy is a moron.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Yeah,while we are at it lets burn the bible too.People have not learned to co-exist until this very day.No wonder there would have to be a great catastropy for us all to get along.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

So let me get this straight ... if they burn the Quran, it might incite hatred toward us? Here's a newsflash ... they ALREADY hate us!! And they're going to hate us and try to kill us whether the Quran is burned or not!

If it's OK to burn the American flag, then it should be OK to burn the Quran. The only people we have to worry about offending is moderate Muslims. But until the "moderates" are willing to stand up and denounce the extremists, I really don't care if they're offended!! If they're not part of the solution, then they're part of the problem.

Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of the political correctness that tells us we need to respect Islam. If they want us to respect them and their religion, then they need to start respecting US. They can start by not building that mosque near Ground Zero and speaking out against extremists. Until then, I say fuck 'em.

Once again I find the juxtaposition interesting between freedom of speech and freedom of religion. Do these guys have the right to burn a Koran? Absolutely. Should we as Americans protect that right? Completely. Will the Dove World Church accept the burning of the bible by a Muslim group down they block? I doubt it... but it is the same freedoms, based in the same constitution, which they are employing.

Or, the short version is.... "idiots"

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Yeah most of them hate us, and I don't care much for them either but all this kind of stuff does is push the moderates towards extremism meaning we have to keep more troops there for longer. If one person throws on an exploding vest (that otherwise wouldn't) and takes out American soldiers then burning the quran hurt us more than them IMO.

They are just going to use this as a terrorist recruiting tool (see Cowher's Terrible Towl shoe shine video). Believe me, I don't give 1, not even 2 fecks about their hurt feelings and I'm definitely not one for political correctness, I just don't see the advantage or benefit. Just stoking the fire (no pun). Instead of burning the quran, we should round up the terrorist fucks and burn them with flaming pig. Now that's productive!
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    If one person throws on an exploding vest (that otherwise wouldn't) and takes out American soldiers then burning the quran hurt us more than them IMO.
    If a Muslim is willing to strap a bomb to himself and blow up innocent people simply because someone burned a Quran, then what does that say about Islam and those who follow it?

I get deeply offended when I see people burning the American flag, but I certainly wouldn't kill anyone because of it ....

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
    So let me get this straight ... if they burn the Quran, it might incite hatred toward us? Here's a newsflash ... they ALREADY hate us!! And they're going to hate us and try to kill us whether the Quran is burned or not!

If it's OK to burn the American flag, then it should be OK to burn the Quran. The only people we have to worry about offending is moderate Muslims. But until the "moderates" are willing to stand up and denounce the extremists, I really don't care if they're offended!! If they're not part of the solution, then they're part of the problem.

Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of the political correctness that tells us we need to respect Islam. If they want us to respect them and their religion, then they need to start respecting US. They can start by not building that mosque near Ground Zero and speaking out against extremists. Until then, I say fuck 'em.
    The problem is, who is "they?" Just like Christianity, islam is a vast array of beliefs and systems. Every mosque potentially is independent of every other mosque (not withstanding, govt. takeovers such as Iran and multiple mosques under one leader or faction). In that way, it is JUST LIKE protestant Christianity-actually, even more so just like the Baptists. Each church is self-directed. My church, nor 50 of my churches cannot tell another church not to build. We simple do not have the authority. Whose to say that most of the mosques teach respect of us? Let me ask, do you expect me to get on the phone and call this pastor and tell him to not burn the Koran? No? THen why should you expect an Imam to get on the phone and tell another Imam not to build a mosque?

Do you think I support bombing abortion clinics? Of course I don't. But I have never made a public declaration against it. Why? Because those who do it could care less about me... and all I would accomplish, is making myself a target as well. However, in my church and my conversations, I utterly condemn it.

It is too easy to use "They" here. But Islam is not a monolithic organization. It is as or more fractured than the Christian church.

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    The problem is, who is "they?" Just like Christianity, islam is a vast array of beliefs and systems. Every mosque potentially is independent of every other mosque (not withstanding, govt. takeovers such as Iran and multiple mosques under one leader or faction). In that way, it is JUST LIKE protestant Christianity-actually, even more so just like the Baptists. Each church is self-directed. My church, nor 50 of my churches cannot tell another church not to build. We simple do not have the authority. Whose to say that most of the mosques teach respect of us? Let me ask, do you expect me to get on the phone and call this pastor and tell him to not burn the Koran? No? THen why should you expect an Imam to get on the phone and tell another Imam not to build a mosque?

Do you think I support bombing abortion clinics? Of course I don't. But I have never made a public declaration against it. Why? Because those who do it could care less about me... and all I would accomplish, is making myself a target as well. However, in my church and my conversations, I utterly condemn it.

It is too easy to use "They" here. But Islam is not a monolithic organization. It is as or more fractured than the Christian church.
    "They" are moderate Muslims. And we can't compare the rare instances of abortion clinic bombings to the acts of terrorism committed by Islamic extremists. If we started seeing abortion clinics getting bombed every day and hundreds of thousands of innocent people being killed, then yea, I'd expect you and every other Christian leader to stand up and denounce it.

"They" are moderate Muslims. And we can't compare the rare instances of abortion clinic bombings to the acts of terrorism committed by Islamic extremists. If we started seeing abortion clinics getting bombed every day and hundreds of thousands of innocent people being killed, then yea, I'd expect you and every other Christian leader to stand up and denounce it.
    Hundreds of thousands? Not sure where that is happening. But how about 17,000? That is a low-ball number for the Christians who ethnically cleansed Croatia, Bosnia, and Albania in the 1990's alone. Some of the concentration camps which held Muslims have been equated to the Nazi camps in WWII. In Nigeria, Christians and Muslims are killing each other like its the national sport. Where is the uproar from the Christian world? Do we even consider them true Christians that we should even condemn them, or are they just cultural Christians bastardizing a faith for political gain?

In short, there is enough blood on the hands of EVERY religion.... AND ATHIESTS (thank you USSR and Communist China/N. Korea) that no one is innocent. I don't want to be associated with Serbian warlords anymore than many muslims want to be associated with Hamas, or Al-Quada. Yet, I sure didn't support our involvement against the Serbian Christians. I was against it because I couldn't see at the time how it furthered U.S. National interests. Seems to me, that the same argument can be made concerning many muslims, heck the ones I knew in Turkey almost ALL wanted to move to the US for one reason.. The American dream. They were all college kids that felt Islam had to be reformed, much like Luther did to to the Catholic church.

Once again, there is NO MONOLITHIC ISLAM. It is a vast construct of a multiplicity of views, positions, and peoples.

Freakin Amazing! Array title="JonM229 will become famous soon enough"> JonM229's Avatar

I think the biggest problem with this whole ordeal is the amount of press this guy is getting, which is most likely all he really wants.

The Princess' Daddy! Array title="stlrtruck will become famous soon enough"> stlrtruck's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

What kills me is that those in power asking this guy not to do this, also say it's okay to burn the American Flag. It's a freedom they have being in this country. It's not that I support his burning of the books, but more so support the fact that he is as free to burn those books as protestors are to burn the flag (which I have more of a problem with than burning the books).

60 MINS, 53 MEN, 1 NATION
    STEELERS NATION

Hundreds of thousands? Not sure where that is happening. But how about 17,000? That is a low-ball number for the Christians who ethnically cleansed Croatia, Bosnia, and Albania in the 1990's alone. Some of the concentration camps which held Muslims have been equated to the Nazi camps in WWII. In Nigeria, Christians and Muslims are killing each other like its the national sport. Where is the uproar from the Christian world? Do we even consider them true Christians that we should even condemn them, or are they just cultural Christians bastardizing a faith for political gain?

In short, there is enough blood on the hands of EVERY religion.... AND ATHIESTS (thank you USSR and Communist China/N. Korea) that no one is innocent. I don't want to be associated with Serbian warlords anymore than many muslims want to be associated with Hamas, or Al-Quada. Yet, I sure didn't support our involvement against the Serbian Christians. I was against it because I couldn't see at the time how it furthered U.S. National interests. Seems to me, that the same argument can be made concerning many muslims, heck the ones I knew in Turkey almost ALL wanted to move to the US for one reason.. The American dream. They were all college kids that felt Islam had to be reformed, much like Luther did to to the Catholic church.

Once again, there is NO MONOLITHIC ISLAM. It is a vast construct of a multiplicity of views, positions, and peoples.
    Excellent points, Preacher. I certainly can't dispute the atrocities that have been committed by Christians.

But let's say Christians in Bosnia were coming to America and terrorizing and killing Muslims here. Do you think Christians in America would sit back and not say anything? I'm willing to bet that they would stand up and denounce the attacks on Muslims here in America and try to separate themselves from the Christian extremists.

All I'm saying is that we're being told time and time again that we need to be tolerant of Islam. The worst crime you can commit today is offending a Muslim ... whether it's a cartoon of Muhammad, an inflammatory Facebook page, or the burning of the Quran. I don't see why we need to be respectful toward their religion when they're not willing to stand up and denounce the extremist elements of their religion.

For the record, I don't support burning the Quran. But if it happens ...

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

"So let me get this straight ... if they burn the Quran, it might incite hatred toward us? Here's a newsflash ... they ALREADY hate us!! And they're going to hate us and try to kill us whether the Quran is burned or not!"

I'm almost certain that burning the Quran would help them respect us more.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

Here´s the deal with this shit. I go to a school in Sweden where 85% of the students are of Islaamic descent. What the fuck kind of position does this put me in as the only person from the USA that goes there? This makes me so angry. so angry.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

We all know that we should give respect to the "good" people in a group no matter where we find them. But I think the fear of terrorism against Americans on American soil OR foreign soil is real (with many Americans)... THAT's the primary reason there is resistance against the Rev. burning the Quran. The objective of "terrorism" is to instill fear in the masses to get them to do what you want them to. In this sense, the terrorists "have" gotten their message across to the US. No doubt about it...
    Is America REALLY ready for this war while having soo many interests in the world ? I don't know...?

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Allah Akbar !!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
    Yeah,you got me on that one. Just a reaction on my part. I,m cool,i'll get over it. LOL
    Last edited by X-Terminator; 09-09-2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: That's twice now you've implied blowing up the mosque. Don't let there be a third, joking or not.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I don't agree with this even a little. It will do nothing but fan the flames of hatred... like there isn't enough of that already.

I don't agree with building the mosque/community center at ground zero, or the extremist Muslim agenda, but... this guy is just out to cause trouble, and nothing good will come of it.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
    What kills me is that those in power asking this guy not to do this, also say it's okay to burn the American Flag. It's a freedom they have being in this country. It's not that I support his burning of the books, but more so support the fact that he is as free to burn those books as protestors are to burn the flag (which I have more of a problem with than burning the books).
    Bingo.

Personally I couldn't care less if they burn it or not, regardless, you hit the nail on the head brother.

Excellent points, Preacher. I certainly can't dispute the atrocities that have been committed by Christians.

But let's say Christians in Bosnia were coming to America and terrorizing and killing Muslims here. Do you think Christians in America would sit back and not say anything? I'm willing to bet that they would stand up and denounce the attacks on Muslims here in America and try to separate themselves from the Christian extremists.

All I'm saying is that we're being told time and time again that we need to be tolerant of Islam. The worst crime you can commit today is offending a Muslim ... whether it's a cartoon of Muhammad, an inflammatory Facebook page, or the burning of the Quran. I don't see why we need to be respectful toward their religion when they're not willing to stand up and denounce the extremist elements of their religion.

For the record, I don't support burning the Quran. But if it happens ...
    Ok. That post makes me feel quite a bit better about what you are saying, and I completely understand. For me, it is the fact that I will not allow terrorists push me to act in such a way that it will reinforce their view of the world and thus, enlarge their movement with new recruits.

However, I wish that the same amount of respect was given to Christianity in this country that is given to Islam and Judaism (how many times is football played on Christmas, or Sunday for that matter? Yet, look at what happened to the Giants and Jets this year.)

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    Yeah,while we are at it lets burn the bible too.People have not learned to co-exist until this very day.No wonder there would have to be a great catastropy for us all to get along.
    I hope you are joking about the Bible.. Please do not bring the Bible into this.. TY

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Ok. That post makes me feel quite a bit better about what you are saying, and I completely understand. For me, it is the fact that I will not allow terrorists push me to act in such a way that it will reinforce their view of the world and thus, enlarge their movement with new recruits.

However, I wish that the same amount of respect was given to Christianity in this country that is given to Islam and Judaism (how many times is football played on Christmas, or Sunday for that matter? Yet, look at what happened to the Giants and Jets this year.)

? I must have missed it; what happened?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPensStillerakawirels3 View Post
    I hope you are joking about the Bible.. Please do not bring the Bible into this.. TY
    I guess the difference is anyone could publicly announce they were going to burn he bible and it would essentially be a non story. There wouldn't be violence in the street, live's wouldn't be in danger here or abroad. Over the past few years Christians sensibilities, icons and values have been skewered in the name of art multiple times. You see these wannabe hack artists defame the virgin Mary, or Jesus with some infantile crude display and the press largely celebrates it or dismisses it.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Freakin Amazing! Array title="JonM229 will become famous soon enough"> JonM229's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I guess the difference is anyone could publicly announce they were going to burn he bible and it would essentially be a non story. There wouldn't be violence in the street, live's wouldn't be in danger here or abroad. Over the past few years Christians sensibilities, icons and values have been skewered in the name of art multiple times. You see these wannabe hack artists defame the virgin Mary, or Jesus with some infantile crude display and the press largely celebrates it or dismisses it.
    Sacrilege sells

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post

Burning books seems to be a traditions for some groups. If a bible burning announcement was made it would cause a huge backlash against the gropu doing it. Look at what building a community center caused.

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vis Major View Post
    Burning books seems to be a traditions for some groups
    Yes. it does.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...eir_lives.html
    Christians in Gaza Fear for Their Lives as Muslims Burn Bibles and Destroy Crosses

The difference in this instance is that nobody has to fear for their life.

If a bible burning announcement was made it would cause a huge backlash against the gropu doing it.
    Here it would, but again, nobody would fear for their life. Where "the religion of peace" prevails, Bible and flag burning are commonplace.

What's a "gropu"?

Look at what building a community center caused.
    Yeah, try building a YMCA in Mecca.
    http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20&dateline=127519049  3

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
    but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln