Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Burn The Quran !

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Re: Burn The Quran !

See what I mean, LLT?

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    See what I mean, LLT?
    Yes...this would be one of the "few" idiots. He is not proof of world wide hysteria...just proof that inbreeding generally has bad results. It affects higher thinking, makes one paranoid and hate-filled....and can even make one a Bengals fan.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Just like how some people enjoy buring the bible or the American flag , I have no problem with the burning of the Quran .

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

I saw a video of an interview with that guy . Hes a Jet fan and yes , an idiot . lol

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    Just like how some people enjoy buring the bible or the American flag , I have no problem with the burning of the Quran .
    I understand that one has the right to do it... just wish that people had the common sense to NOT do it.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Do not burn the Koran!!!Bury it!!!!
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    I understand that one has the right to do it... just wish that people had the common sense to NOT do it.

This isn't a PM. I'm posting in a public thread about the topic. No one thinks everyone is a xenophobe. Some think all muslims are terrorists or at least should answer for the terrorists. People who think that are xenophobes. It's pretty clear.

Also some think all liberals think alike - those people are pea wits.
    Your consequent does not logically follow your antecedent in the highlight above. Xenophobes are people who are afraid or hates foreigners. The antecedent may simply be a belief that politically, to pressure all in a people group based on the actions of a few will create an internal friction where the majority turns on the minority. That is the same methodology employed by many coaches. When one player makes a mistake, the entire team does laps, because the team will take care of the player themselves.

Furthermore, others simply are ignorant of the fact that islam is not monolithic. The same ignorance exists among other non-european nations towards the west. Last, there are those who may believe that all muslims hold some time of responsibility because they have not recanted certain elements of Islamic scripture.

While I don't agree with any of those positions, nor your antecedent, it needed to be stated, IMO, that there is no logical connection between that and instantly labeling them as Xenophobes.

The reason I am so torn up about this... is the precedent it sets.

If Christians started to get violent to the level of muslim terrorists, would our bible, holy days, Jesus, etc., then get the respect Islam demands and gets from the west? When certain behaviors are driven by reward, why are people so shocked when those behaviors continue?

If I wasn't a Christian, I would probably be burning a Koran every day, just as an exhibition of my freedom of speech. The reason I choose NOT to do it, is because of my Christian teaching.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Yeah... kinda like building a mosque near Ground Zero.

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    Your consequent does not logically follow your antecedent in the highlight above. Xenophobes are people who are afraid or hates foreigners. The antecedent may simply be a belief that politically, to pressure all in a people group based on the actions of a few will create an internal friction where the majority turns on the minority. That is the same methodology employed by many coaches. When one player makes a mistake, the entire team does laps, because the team will take care of the player themselves.

Furthermore, others simply are ignorant of the fact that islam is not monolithic. The same ignorance exists among other non-european nations towards the west. Last, there are those who may believe that all muslims hold some time of responsibility because they have not recanted certain elements of Islamic scripture.

While I don't agree with any of those positions, nor your antecedent, it needed to be stated, IMO, that there is no logical connection between that and instantly labeling them as Xenophobes.
    Good to be debating you again. xenophobia means fear of more that foreigners, it includes the foreign or the"other" I could just say that anyone who judges the man by the group is a pea wit Each man should be judged as he deserves.

Good to be debating you again. xenophobia means fear of more that foreigners, it includes the foreign or the"other" I could just say that anyone who judges the man by the group is a pea wit Each man should be judged as he deserves.
    You'll get no argument from me there. I just get nervous when buzz words are thrown around, as they tend to broadbrush things that aren't exactly true.

Here is a question though, if a group shouldn't be judged by a man in it, if the group seems to accept the man's actions, can it be assumed that the second man also accepts the actions of the first man? I think that is the heart of what is being argued here.

Personally, I don't think it is one group, and thus, is an illegitimate argument. But if I am wrong, then the above question speaks to the heart of the issue.

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

If Christians started to get violent to the level of muslim terrorists, would our bible, holy days, Jesus, etc., then get the respect Islam demands and gets from the west? When certain behaviors are driven by reward, why are people so shocked when those behaviors continue?
    WHOA!!! I guess you and I are closer on this topic than I thought.

Qur'an (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement."

Qur'an (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them." No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.

Qur'an (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush.”

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Qur'an (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement."

Qur'an (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them." No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.

Qur'an (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush.”
    Ahhh, more words of wisdom from the "religion of peace."

Careful though.

I have seen people do the same with the Christian scriptures. Unless we know and understand the hermeneutics used, we really don't have the ability to understand the verses. In short, its called proof-texting. I can prove any point I want in the Christian bible by doing so... including rape, murder, terrorism, and even being a Browns fan. All of which are despicable before God.

In short, its called proof-texting. I can prove any point I want in the Christian bible by doing so... including rape, murder, terrorism, and even being a Browns fan. All of which are despicable before God.

That ends the debate for me. Game time is getting close, so debates will have to wait. Everyone be good to each other and remember, it's OK to respectfully disagree.

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

But I enjoy it so and there might just be hope that the ability to draw distinctions and hold complex thoughts will develop in them so the chest beating, irrational, group-think will fade.
    And the KKK burns crosses because they are the true Christians. Extremists who claim a religion don't own it nor do all adherents to the religion being abused need to answer for the sins of the crazies.
    The KKK uses the Bible to justify what they do. That doesn't mean the Bible should be burned and non-KKK Christians should be limited in where they can build a church because the KKK is evil.
    You are a silver tongued devil Counselor, I’ll give you that. It’s most magnanimous of you to grant that while the terrorist arm of your party burns crosses we shouldn’t pan all Christians.

You know very well that there is no relationship whatsoever between the KKK and Christianity. But you paint a relationship that has never existed to subtly deceive. The KKK uses the Bible for nothing. Their “book” is the kloran.

Christians don’t burn crosses. satanists do. The cross is the pivot point of the eternal disposition of all humankind, because as you well know, it is the cross that defeated satan. It is your party that burns crosses both literally and figuratively and spits on Christianity at every opportunity because you know what the cross is and what it means to you. It should surprise nobody that it is your ilk that takes up the cause of islam, who stand equally guilty.

Your party did and does everything conceivable to suppress the black man. From the KKK to “Planned Parenthood” to the charlatans who deceive and steal from those poor blacks whose cause they supposedly champion, your party are the racists that lynched, cheated, aborted, and corralled black America into the sullen underclass so many are today. You destroyed their heritage of tight Christian families and reduced them to a destiny of ignorant dependency. You know the statistics – you created them. You and your colleagues should be very proud of the work you did so well.

The Counselor is well versed in these matters and knows precisely what he is saying and doing in the referenced quotes. But, as I said, he is a silver tongued devil.

Disco Sucks!!! Array title="SirHulka is an unknown quantity at this point"> SirHulka's Avatar

Pig blood.

Muslims consider pigs to be unclean. If a terrorist blows himself up killing 'infidels', then we should douse the body with pig blood. That makes him unclean, and unable to go to Paradise. That threat by Black Jack Pershing kept terrorist attacks out of the Phillipines for over 30 years.
    If you wish to live wisely, ignore sayings............ including this one.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SirHulka View Post
    Pig blood.

Muslims consider pigs to be unclean. If a terrorist blows himself up killing 'infidels', then we should douse the body with pig blood. That makes him unclean, and unable to go to Paradise. That threat by Black Jack Pershing kept terrorist attacks out of the Phillipines for over 30 years.
    Good idea!

I think rather than these idiots burning Korans what would make more sense is to burn the flag of any nation that enforces the harsher aspects of Sharia law. You stone an adulter, imprison gays, deny woman equal rights, I'm all for seeing your rag of a flag burned.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."