Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burn The Quran !

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Re: Burn The Quran !

Think of all the sons,daughters,mothers and fathers and friends that lost their lives from the very people(reigion) who wants to build that mosque on the very site it occurred at. Remember? I don't know why there are people against it. Get real.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post

Was 9/11 a result of people acting out in the name of hair color...manhood...or religion?

I by no means think that all Muslims are terrorists. But I do KNOW that there is a group of Muslim extremists (who ARE terrorists)...who hate our country, attacked it, and wish to bring down western civilization.

Not in the name of "Clairol"...not in the name of "Testosterone"....but in mistaken believe that Allah is blessing their actions
    You spent more time on that than I was willing to give it... nice post.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    But I enjoy it so and there might just be hope that the ability to draw distinctions and hold complex thoughts will develop in them so the chest beating, irrational, group-think will fade.
    Hi steel city mom. I love you.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Was 9/11 a result of people acting out in the name of hair color...manhood...or religion?

I by no means think that all Muslims are terrorists. But I do KNOW that there is a group of Muslim extremists (who ARE terrorists)...who hate our country, attacked it, and wish to bring down western civilization.

Not in the name of "Clairol"...not in the name of "Testosterone"....but in mistaken believe that Allah is blessing their actions

And the KKK burns crosses because they are the true Christians. Extremists who claim a religion don't own it nor do all adherents to the religion being abused need to answer for the sins of the crazies.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

nor do all adherents to the religion being abused need to answer for the sins of the crazies.
    Just out of curiosity, do you disagree with the NAACP's demand that the Tea Party rid itself of racist elements?

I don't think the KKK had the Quran in mind when they started their group.A cult is quite different than a religion.For the record the KKK was wrong to the core.What did the black people ever do to them? Nothing.What did some Muslims do to us?

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, do you disagree with the NAACP's demand that the Tea Party rid itself of racist elements?
    Yes It's impossible and, frankly, it dilutes their influence which is good. I like how easily mocked the tea baggers are

And the KKK burns crosses because they are the true Christians. Extremists who claim a religion don't own it nor do all adherents to the religion being abused need to answer for the sins of the crazies.
    Actually...thank you for proving my point.

Or perhaps you missed the whole paragraph where I said....

Let me be more clear for you...The KKK no more represents all of Christianity, than the Muslim Extremists represent all of Islam.

That being said...those that use the Bible as fodder for hate need to be called out for it. Those that use the Quran should be held to the same standard.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    I don't think the KKK had the Quran in mind when they started their group.A cult is quite different than a religion.For the record the KKK was wrong to the core.What did the black people ever do to them? Nothing.What did some Muslims do to us?
    This has nothing to do with my point. The KKK uses the Bible to justify what they do. That doesn't mean the Bible should be burned and non-KKK Christians should be limited in where they can build a church because the KKK is evil.

This has nothing to do with my point. The KKK uses the Bible to justify what they do. That doesn't mean the Bible should be burned and non-KKK Christians should be limited in where they can build a church because the KKK is evil.
    I agree with you that the Quran should not be burned....and I am SURE you agree with me that the American flag should also not be burned....right?

Freedom of speech and expression are not only for the minority.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Actually...thank you for proving my point.

Or perhaps you missed the whole paragraph where I said....

Let me be more clear for you...The KKK no more represents all of Christianity, than the Muslim Extremists represent all of Islam.

That being said...those that use the Bible as fodder for hate need to be called out for it. Those that use the Quran should be held to the same standard.

Too bad that isn't what's happening. Too many are blaming Islam as a whole. Xenophobia is rampant. Look at the photograph venom just posted.

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Yes It's impossible and, frankly, it dilutes their influence which is good. I like how easily mocked the tea baggers are
    Do you not see the hypocrisy in this view compared to your view on Muslim extremists?

I agree with you that the Quran should not be burned....and I am SURE you agree with me that the American flag should also not be burned....right?

Freedom of speech and expression are not only for the minority.
    Oh, I think the Quran can be legally burned in this country, as the Bible can and as the flag can. That's why the flag means so much - it stands for a nation with an ideal of freedom so great it allows the burning of it's most cherished symbol without criminal consequences. To protect the flag by lowering freedom would diminish it.

Do you not see the hypocrisy in this view compared to your view on Muslim extremists?
    Extremists are extremists. Where's the hypocrisy? I'm german in origin but I don't answer for some evil germans did in the past.

Extremists are extremists. Where's the hypocrisy? I'm german in origin but I don't answer for some evil germans did in the past.
    You said the racist elements of the tea party dilute the groups influence and make it easy to mock it. Well, the Muslim extremists make it easy for some to distrust all Muslims and want to mock their religion.

Therein lies the hypocrisy. You're judging one group based on the actions of its extremists, but you're condemning those who judge the other group based on the actions of ITS extremists.

You said the racist elements of the tea party dilute the groups influence and make it easy to mock it. Well, the Muslim extremists make it easy for some to distrust all Muslims and want to mock their religion.

Therein lies the hypocrisy. You're judging one group based on the actions of its extremists, but you're condemning those who judge the other group based on the actions of ITS extremists.
    Ah. I see where you are going. I don't judge the tea baggers because of the racists they attract. I think the racists are useful, as I said, to dilute their power. I judge tea baggers on the crap they sell officially. It's their official positions I think are wrong.

Looky here man,You brought a cult into the discussion.This has nothing to do with a cult.This has to do with a topic that is very sensitive for a lot of people. Muslims,and victims alike.I would never burn a flag,a quran,or a bible.That is unless i needed it for survival ,you know,heat,light.I saw your same tactics over on another unspecified site too.

Too bad that isn't what's happening. Too many are blaming Islam as a whole. Xenophobia is rampant. Look at the photograph venom just posted.
    I have no doubt that he posted the photo to "get your goat"...

Its so typical for the left to try and convince everyone that those with opposing viewpoints are Xenophobes. Liberals so often have to play the victimization card to try and prove a point. They find idiots like this pastor...and try so desperately to betray everyone who doesnt agree with their point of view (in this case "many") as being painted with the same brush.

The majority of people in this country are like me....they do not hate Muslims...they hate Muslim terrorists who use a religion as a means to feed the fires of hate. I would hate Jewish terrorists groups if they used the Tanakh as fuel of hatred...I would hate Christian terrorists who used the Bible as fuel for hatred. (By the way...noone OUTSIDE of the KKK...likes the KKK).

When someone from the left uses such fallacies to attempt to make a point...it doesnt help their cause at all.

-- Jack Lambert --

Thank you for an incredible line of logic.

For those keeping score. THIS is the correct way to debate!! Rep points coming your way!!!

-- Jack Lambert --

I have no doubt that he posted the photo to "get your goat"...

Its so typical for the left to try and convince everyone that those with opposing viewpoints are Xenophobes. Liberals so often have to play the victimization card to try and prove a point. They find idiots like this pastor...and try so desperately to betray everyone who doesnt agree with their point of view (in this case "many") as being painted with the same brush.

The majority of people in this country are like me....they do not hate Muslims...they hate Muslim terrorists who use a religion as a means to feed the fires of hate. I would hate Jewish terrorists groups if they used the Tanakh as fuel of hatred...I would hate Christian terrorists who used the Bible as fuel for hatred. (By the way...noone OUTSIDE of the KKK...likes the KKK).

When someone from the left uses such fallacies to attempt to make a point...it doesnt help their cause at all.
    Look at the broad brush you use for everything. Don't talk of liberals as a monolithic group. If you want to say something to me, say it to me. I'm sure venom never posted anything like that photo before I joined yesterday since it was just to get my goat.

I hope you're right about the majority of people in this country. This is a thread about someone burning the Quran who obviously can't see the difference you just described. The people against the Muslim community center also can't tell the difference between terrorists and all other Muslims. Speak out and educate them, LLT

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Look at the broad brush you use for everything. Don't talk of liberals as a monolithic group. If you want to say something to me, say it to me. I'm sure venom never posted anything like that photo before I joined yesterday since it was just to get my goat.

I hope you're right about the majority of people in this country. This is a thread about someone burning the Quran who obviously can't see the difference you just described. The people against the Muslim community center also can't tell the difference between terrorists and all other Muslims. Speak out and educate them, LLT
    Where's the pic at ?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
    Where's the pic at ?
    Page 7. Heading to college football page - Go Cocks!!!

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I judge tea baggers on the crap they sell officially.
    Really? The "crap" that they are selling is:

1.Identify constitutionality of every new law: Require each bill to identify the specific provision of the Constitution that gives Congress the power to do what the bill does. (82.03%)

2.Reject emissions trading: Stop the "cap and trade" administrative approach used to control pollution by providing economic incentives for achieving reductions in the emissions of pollutants. (72.20%)

3.Demand a balanced federal budget: Begin the Constitutional amendment process to require a balanced budget with a two-thirds majority needed for any tax modification. (69.69%)

4.Simplify the tax system: Adopt a simple and fair single-rate tax system by scrapping the internal revenue code and replacing it with one that is no longer than 4,543 words – the length of the original Constitution. (64.9%)

5.Audit federal government agencies for constitutionality: Create a Blue Ribbon taskforce that engages in an audit of federal agencies and programs, assessing their Constitutionality, and identifying duplication, waste, ineffectiveness, and agencies and programs better left for the states or local authorities. (63.37%)

6.Limit annual growth in federal spending: Impose a statutory cap limiting the annual growth in total federal spending to the sum of the inflation rate plus the percentage of population growth. (56.57%)

7.Repeal the health care legislation passed on March 23, 2010: Defund, repeal and replace the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. (56.39%)

8.Pass an 'All-of-the-Above' Energy Policy: Authorize the exploration of additional energy reserves to reduce American dependence on foreign energy sources and reduce regulatory barriers to all other forms of energy creation. (55.5%)

9.Reduce Earmarks: Place a moratorium on all earmarks until the budget is balanced, and then require a 2/3 majority to pass any earmark. (55.47%)

10.Reduce Taxes: Permanently repeal all recent tax increases, and extend permanently the George W. Bush temporary reductions in income tax, capital gains tax and estate taxes, currently scheduled to end in 2011. (53.38%)

Yeah... what a bunch jerks.

But the difference is...that I don't fall into that group of "many" who you claim are Xenophobes. You DO, however fall into the that group who are attempting to use a false victimization arguement.

In THIS case...the "broad brush"...only painted one of us fairly.

You are correct in that this thread is about an idiot who wanted to do something offensive to many...in order to make his point to a few. However you are incorrect in thinking that this pastor is typical of any group other than those who are uneducated. As you said in the part of your post that I highlighted...this post is about "SOMEONE" burning the Quran.....your mistake is in substituting that word with the word..."many".

As for "educating" them...the point of my post is that the majority of people are "educated" about this situation. There just happens to be those at the extreme who think:

A) Everyone is a Xenophobe
    B) All Muslims are Terrorists.

-- Jack Lambert --

Well it is obvious that you have been here before.Especially when you bring up the broad-brush. Is that you Tone?

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

Build the Mosque, it's a free country. Sensitivity is for those pansy liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    Well it is obvious that you have been here before.Especially when you bring up the broad-brush. Is that you Tone?
    Vis, Vis Major, Franco, or Snowdog depending on the site and the era.

But the difference is...that I don't fall into that group of "many" who you claim are Xenophobes. You DO, however fall into the that group who are attempting to use a false victimization arguement.

In THIS case...the "broad brush"...only painted one of us fairly.

You are correct in that this thread is about an idiot who wanted to do something offensive to many...in order to make his point to a few. However you are incorrect in thinking that this pastor is typical of any group other than those who are uneducated. As you said in the part of your post that I highlighted...this post is about "SOMEONE" burning the Quran.....your mistake is in substituting that word with the word..."many".

As for "educating" them...the point of my post is that the majority of people are "educated" about this situation. There just happens to be those at the extreme who think:

A) Everyone is a Xenophobe
    B) All Muslims are Terrorists.
    This isn't a PM. I'm posting in a public thread about the topic. No one thinks everyone is a xenophobe. Some think all muslims are terrorists or at least should answer for the terrorists. People who think that are xenophobes. It's pretty clear.

Also some think all liberals think alike - those people are pea wits.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

You knew some asswipe was going to do this today .