Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Martavis Bryant Facing Season Long Suspension

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Re: Martavis Bryant Facing Season Long Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I'll bring this name up again... now that the timing is much better:

R3: Braxton Miller
    I'd still be against a WR in round 3. Coates will step in to Martavis' spot. That's why we drafted him. Take a WR in round 4 at the earliest.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

WTF...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

guess its time to start looking at mid/late round WR's ... if this is true they should wash their hands of him #thisisntCleveland

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

6 failed tests? lets trade him.

Ugh, the curse of jersey #10 lives. This is why you dont trade good kids like Wheaton when you have a bad apple on the team....
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    guess its time to start looking at mid/late round WR's ...
    especially if that WR can also return punts and kickoffs well...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Fuckin' idiot. Making a lot of money in professional sports is not the same thing as being a rapper.

I guess it doesn't do us any harm to keep him until his contract is up, but ... wow. What a fool.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Fuckin' idiot. Making a lot of money in professional sports is not the same thing as being a rapper.

I guess it doesn't do us any harm to keep him until his contract is up, but ... wow. What a fool.
    other than he is around other players that can be easily influenced .

if he isnt going to help you he is essentially hurting you , when you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Mike Wallace?
    My first thought after reading this. Wallace isn't going to get much on the open market.

Let's get the band back together.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I'll bring this name up again... now that the timing is much better:

R3: Braxton Miller
    R1: Eli Apple CB Ohio St
    R2: Vonn Bell S Ohio St
    R3: Braxton Miller WR Ohio St
    R4: Nick Vannett TE Ohio St
    R6: Cardale Jones QB Ohio St
    R7: Tyvis Powell FS Ohio St
    R7: Chase Farris OG Ohio St

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Method28 View Post
    You gotta be ******** kidding me
    My sediments exactly !

How F**KING GD STUPID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SELFISH LITTLE PRICK !!!!!!!!

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Before we all crucify Martavis, remember how the league "got" Josh Gordon. Someone texted that he had A beer on a personal travel flight during the off-season and they met him at the destination gate. Tests positive for alcohol and gets banned for a year.

Look, Bryant is clearly a dumb-ass. It was pretty much why he dropped as far as he did in the draft. I'm not defending him - at all. But I do hold out hope that some of what the NFL did is going to come out as mickey mouse BS and maybe he gets another second chance.

Seriously doubt it though.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

What a shame. Stepped up his game in the playoffs, with one of the most amazing catches of all time.

Talent to spare, brains, not so much.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    other than he is around other players that can be easily influenced .

if he isnt going to help you he is essentially hurting you , when you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem ...
    I don't know how many other players are going to look at him and think, "Wow! Look at that guy! We're all making a ton of money and trying to win a championship, and he's over there getting suspended all the time and not getting paid. I want to listen to HIM!"

It may be a moot point anyway. If he has a year and a half away from football, what do you think he's going to be doing? That's right, smoking weed. He clearly is not able to make it even a month or two each offseason without failing multiple drug tests, so a year-long suspension probably means he's just not coming back.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Before we all crucify Martavis, remember how the league "got" Josh Gordon. Someone texted that he had A beer on a personal travel flight during the off-season and they met him at the destination gate. Tests positive for alcohol and gets banned for a year.

Look, Bryant is clearly a dumb-ass. It was pretty much why he dropped as far as he did in the draft. I'm not defending him - at all. But I do hold out hope that some of what the NFL did is going to come out as mickey mouse BS and maybe he gets another second chance.

Seriously doubt it though.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...lers/81693628/

http://nfltraderumors.co/breaking-st...ng-suspension/

Tom Pelissero of USA Today reports that following the news that he’s facing a year-long suspension for violations of the NFL’s substance abuse policy, Steelers WR Martavis Bryant will check into rehab and undergo evaluation for depression issues.
    “We’re all stunned, me included,” one Bryant’s agent, Brian Fettner, said on Saturday. “We clearly miscalculated the issue. His isn’t a party issue. It’s a coping issue and a depression issue, and he’s got to take care of it.”

Fettner confirmed Bryant is appealing the ban, though getting it overturned is seen as a long shot. It stems from multiple missed drug tests, Fettner said, while also acknowledging Bryant has a problem with marijuana.

Bryant’s latest violation may have come from something other than a positive marijuana test

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2016

It was widely reported last August that the NFL suspended Steelers receiver Martavis Bryant because he failed multiple marijuana tests. His latest predicament suggests a violation for something other than a positive marijuana test.

The three possibilities are: (1) a positive test for something other than marijuana; (2) failure to cooperate with testing, treatment, evaluation or other requirements under the policy or failure to cooperate with the terms of his treatment plan; or (3) at least two separate positive marijuana tests.

The intermediate 10-game suspension applies only to a single positive test for marijuana while in Stage Three of the substance-abuse program. So with Bryant skipping from four games to a full year, it means he allegedly violated the policy without testing positive for marijuana, again.

Bryant has appealed the suspension. If the suspension becomes official, the NFL likely will release more information about what specifically caused it.

It could have been something as simple as missing one of the many tests he now has to take while in Stage Three of the program. Or it may have been a positive test for a banned substance other than marijuana.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...arijuana-test/

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I agree, I think the Steelers will hang onto Bryant and get him some much needed help...
    Been there done that, he's beyond help if the status quo is maintained.. I say cut him. Probably the only chance he has to ever straighten out is to hit rock bottom. Maybe he can do a Chris Carter and get turned around when the rug is completely pulled out from under him? I doubt it though. But regardless let him be someone else's problem. He's unreliable.

One other thing for those that claim reefer isn't addictive. Really? This guy has thrown away millions of dollars and most all respect because he needs to get stoned. If that's not an addict what is?
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    6 failed tests? lets trade him.

Ugh, the curse of jersey #10 lives. This is why you dont trade good kids like Wheaton when you have a bad apple on the team....
    Who's going to trade for a player facing a year suspension who's additionally a longshot to pass the protocol in place to get reinstated?

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Who's going to trade for a player facing a year suspension who's additionally a longshot to pass the protocol in place to get reinstated?
    he still has multiple years left on his contract. we dont necessarily have to do it now
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    R1: Eli Apple CB Ohio St
    R2: Vonn Bell S Ohio St
    R3: Braxton Miller WR Ohio St
    R4: Nick Vannett TE Ohio St
    R6: Cardale Jones QB Ohio St
    R7: Tyvis Powell FS Ohio St
    R7: Chase Farris OG Ohio St
    I would actually be fine with an "all Ohio State" draft.

Add in DT/DE Adolphus Washington, and it's an A+ draft.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

This is on the level of PacMan Jones F'ING STUPID !!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Kick his ass to the curb, swallow the LOSSES and move on from this horribly SELFISH MF'ER !
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

I can't remember who, but I remember one of the Steeler beat writers claimed the Steelers were really marveling at the improvement Sammy Coates started showing in practice towards the end of the season. Something to the effect that they feel he can be a special player in short order. Anyway I'm glad we picked him last year and look forward to seeing him develop.

I think the Steelers are ready for this and can deal with it without much problem. The one who has the real problem is Martavis who quite likely has squandered what could have been a great NFL career. I honestly believe if the guy had the ability to stay clean he could be one of the best deep threats in the league. Maybe even the best. For his own sake I hope he figures things out. I just can't see it happening in a Steelers uniform.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Saw a tweet just now stating that he is going back to rehab for this and depression. I wonder if he actually does have a depression issue, if it's playing a role in him continuing to use Marijuana. I can't post the tweet because I'm using my phone, but here is a link to the person's account:

http://https://mobile.twitter.com/To...65193266855936

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Martavis Bryant planning to check into rehab

Facing indefinite banishment for repeat violations of the NFL’s substance abuse policy, Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Martavis Bryant will check into rehab and undergo evaluation for depression issues, one of his agents, Brian Fettner, told USA TODAY Sports.

“We’re all stunned, me included,” Fettner said, shortly after broke news of the ban Saturday. “We clearly miscalculated the issue. His isn’t a party issue. It’s a coping issue and a depression issue, and he’s got to take care of it.”.......

Fettner confirmed Bryant is appealing the ban, though getting it overturned is seen as a long shot. It stems from multiple missed drug tests, Fettner said, while also acknowledging Bryant has a problem with marijuana.

The multiple missed tests – which count the same as failed tests – explains why Bryant faces banishment for at least one year, rather than a 10-game suspension for his latest violation after serving a four-game suspension to start last season.

“This is the biggest cry for help I’ve ever seen. And that hurts. It hurts us to see,” Fettner said. “He’s 24 years old and he’s got to get right, whatever it is.

Read more @ http://www.usatoday.com/sports/

This seems more and more like a mental health issue. The dope is a by product.

yeah i find it amusing that as fans, the majority of people are so quick to label him a dumbass instead of having any semblance of thought towards
    "MAYBE this is associated with mental illness." Depression would make a lot of sense. Ah, good ole America. Nice to know mental illness isnt dismissed at all

Was it weed again this time or something else.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

The multiple missed tests – which count the same as failed tests – explains why Bryant faces banishment for at least one year, rather than a 10-game suspension for his latest violation after serving a four-game suspension to start last season.
    Martavis, a couple of hints from a former "head" who successfully beat a piss test back in the day with one week's notice:

Oh, and make sure to NEVER give them your first "pee" of the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    yeah i find it amusing that as fans, the majority of people are so quick to label him a dumbass instead of having any semblance of thought towards
    "MAYBE this is associated with mental illness." Depression would make a lot of sense. Ah, good ole America. Nice to know mental illness isnt dismissed at all
    You know, it is possible to be mentally ill and a dumbass at the same time...
    See you Space Cowboy ...