Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five Teams That Could Help Troubled QB Johnny Manziel

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Five Teams That Could Help Troubled QB Johnny Manziel

3. Pittsburgh Steelers

The Pittsburgh Steelers handled the awful sexual abuse allegations, and eventual suspension, of Ben Roethlisberger exceptionally well, and were able to get their star player back on track after his brushes with the law. Big Ben is now one of the best leaders in the NFL and a lot of the credit for that is owed to the leadership they have in place.

Head coach Mike Tomlin is a true player’s coach, but he isn’t the coddling type of player’s coach. Instead, he is a fiery leader that will tell it like it is and isn’t afraid to cut a guy for making dumb choices (see running back LeGarrette Blount).

In 2015, the team skirted into the playoffs, but it was a struggle dealing with a myriad of Big Ben’s injuries. This makes the pairing between Manziel and the Steelers a possibility. Manziel can sit behind a guy in Roethlisberger who plays a similar style of improvisational football and learn how to be “the guy.”

With solid leaders – from their ownership, to coach, to Roethlisberger – Manziel would have no shortage of people to help him salvage his once promising career.

http://fansided.com/2016/01/31/5-tea...ampaign=si.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Five Teams That Could Help Troubled QB Johnny Manziel

LOL...uh...no thanks. I don't think I've read anything this absurd during the 2015 season...

Maybe the one man show to fire Todd Haley...maybe.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

The Pittsburgh Steelers handled the awful sexual abuse allegations, and eventual suspension, of Ben Roethlisberger exceptionally well, and were able to get their star player back on track after his brushes with the law.

Outside of a grandstanding DA who played "Mr. Big Shot" to the TV cameras and a league commissioner who acts as a self-appointed judge, jury and executioner, exactly what "brushes" would those be? He was NEVER EVEN CHARGED WITH A CRIME, much less arrested.

1. New England Patriots

It’s becoming cliché to say the New England Patriots are the place to go to get back on track if you’re a troubled player, but it’s too true to ignore. Head coach Bill Belichick has a no nonsense attitude and makes sure no one player is bigger than the team.

They have handled troubled players in the past with no issues – take receivers Randy Moss and Donte Stallworth, running back LeGarrette Blount and cornerback Aqib Talib for example.
    Yep, Aaron Hernandez sure was a rip-roaring success of a reclamation project!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Everyone who writes about Manziel as a "reclamation" project refuses to face the fundamental reality - the kid is an alcoholic. Pure and simple. Until Johnny and those closest to him (his family and father in particular) admit that he has a serious medical and mental condition to work through first and football is entirely secondary, he will never experience significant success.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Outside of a grandstanding DA who played "Mr. Big Shot" to the TV cameras and a league commissioner who acts as a self-appointed judge, jury and executioner, exactly what "brushes" would those be? He was NEVER EVEN CHARGED WITH A CRIME, much less arrested.
    Actually, that and the civil lawsuit would be the brushes I'd imagine, rather than getting in trouble with the law. It's pretty much how I'd describe any situation where someone did something that put them in a gray area and the police ended up investigating, regardless of outcome. My guess is, however, the writer forgot that Ben's first "brush with the law" wasn't with law enforcement, but rather, a lawsuit. And yeah, there's just a bit of difference there.

Of course, the most damning one against Ben was the public indecent exposure he was accused of. Anyone remember that? Peeing among the trees on a golf course? How dare he.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Five Teams That Could Help Troubled QB Johnny Manziel

I don't want to turn this into a Roethlisberger rape thread but that is one of the biggest misnomers about that whole "rape" thing. It was some chicks words that amounted to less than nothing and people act like he was convicted or even arrested.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Like Mojouw said, the kid needs help and he has to come to that realization on his own and with the help of his family. The NFL is secondary right now.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Sadly, this kid will end up in Dallas which is about the worst environment for him to be in. He'll be annointed a "leader" like Hardy, Dez, and all the other crazy ass fools there.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

He isn't a QB. Help him do what?
    Hater = Realist

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

The only person who can help Manziel is himself and I don't think that he wants to be helped.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Sadly, this kid will end up in Dallas which is about the worst environment for him to be in. He'll be annointed a "leader" like Hardy, Dez, and all the other crazy ass fools there.
    Not to mention the owner...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Not to mention the owner...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The Bengals would be the next logical place for Manzeil.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    LOL...uh...no thanks. I don't think I've read anything this absurd during the 2015 season...

Maybe the one man show to fire Todd Haley...maybe.
    if only we had replaced Bruce Arians with Gary Kubiak instead of with Todd Haley we'd still be playing...

Or just let Noll draft Marino...damn Rooney meddling...

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

No thanks.

Cleveland Browns fans pledge 'Johnny Free February'

January 31, 2016

CLEVELAND -- Cleveland Browns fans are once again turning to social media to express their latest frustrations with the team.

This time, fans are pledging a "Johnny Free February."

Using #JFF, fans are vowing to not speak about Johnny Manziel during the month of February, or until the quarterback is no longer with the team, according to the New York Post.

The campaign, reportedly started by Twitter user @Reflog_18, asks fans "not to tweet, retweet or mention Manziel on Twitter in February or until he is no longer a Cleveland Brown."

http://www.wkyc.com/sports/nfl/brown...ruary/27317740

Senior Member Array title="MrPgh has a spectacular aura about">

Jerrah Jones.

Maybe the smartest thing Browns fans have ever done? Maybe the only smart thing?

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Can't help someone who doesn't believe that they have a problem.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

I never understood why these pundits always include the Steelers as one of the choir boy teams who can turn around the bad apple. Do we have a history of that?

Also, aside from the general absurdity of any football team helping Manziel clean up his act (dude has major issues unrelated to football) in what sane world can you compare Ben and Manziel's playing styles!?

Johnny Football just needs to retire and get away from the limelight. That would be best for him and everyone around him.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

1. The Walter Matthau led Bad News Bears
    2. The XMen
    3. That team of Clydesdales from the Budweiser commercial. "They usually go for 2".
    4. Team Rocket
    5. The A team. If you know where to find them.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDefense View Post
    Can't help someone who doesn't believe that they have a problem.
    That's pretty much what it comes down to. He has to help himself.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Johnny Ray Riced his g/f.

A woman who describes herself as the ex-girlfriend of Johnny Manziel said that Manziel struck her several times and that the Cleveland Browns quarterback appeared as if he “were on some kind of drugs” during their altercation in the Dallas area early Saturday, according to a Fort Worth police report released Thursday.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...port/79845088/
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

The details have emerged from Johnny Manziel’s alleged assault of his ex-girlfriend, and they are brutal.

Colleen Crowley told police that the Browns quarterback told her to “shut up or I’ll kill us both” after forcing her into a car, striking her and pulling her by the hair in the Saturday incident, according to Dallas’ WFAA.

Crowley, who had dated Manziel for two years before a December breakup, described in her affidavit how a night that began partying with friends ended with a vicious argument that included the quarterback striking her and threatening to take both of their lives.

For his part, Manziel flat-out denied hitting Crowley and threatening to kill, telling TMZ: “It didn’t happen.”

According to WFAA sources, Crowley told police that in the early hours of Jan. 30, Crowley, after bar-hopping with friends in Dallas, met Manziel in his hotel room. The two got into an argument over another girl, according to the report, before Crowley tried leaving the room. Manziel wouldn’t let her.

Crowley told cops that as she cried, the troubled former Heisman Trophy winner “restrained her” and led her toward the valet.

“I was crying and begged the valet, ‘Please don’t let him take me. I’m scared for my life!'” she reportedly told police. The valet reportedly told her, “I don’t know what to do,” as Manziel left with her.

Manziel drove her to her car, about a half-mile off, at which time she jumped out of Manziel’s vehicle and hid in some bushes before Manziel found her. According to the report, this is when things escalated.

Crowley said she believed Manziel to be on drugs or having a breakdown as he became violent.

“He grabbed me by my hair and threw me back into the car and got back in himself,” she reported told police. “He hit me with his open hand on my left ear for jumping out of the car. I realized immediately that I could not hear out of that ear, and I still cannot today, two days later.”

Crowley said she fought back — hitting him several times to try to get out of the car — but Manziel, she said, tossed her off of him, and she hit her head on the car window.

Manziel then began driving the car, as an outraged Crowley shouted, “I hate you!”

Manziel’s response, according to Crowley: “He was going to drop me off, take my car and go kill himself.”

Crowley tried talking him down and telling him that she loved him.

“Shut up or I’ll kill us both,” he said after a laugh.

Manziel drove her back to her apartment, where the fight continued as Manziel smashed her phone.

According to the report, while she went into her apartment and tried attempting to contact her parents through her computer, Manziel “paced” outside. When he entered the apartment, he saw she had tried to contact family, and Crowley pulled a knife from a knife block to scare him out of the apartment, she said.

As she banged on her neighbor’s door and screamed for help, Crowley said, Manziel ran away.

http://nypost.com/2016/02/04/johnny-...-kill-us-both/

Uh, yeah, his football ability aside ( or lack thereof) I think we can safely say the Steelers are gonna pass on this one. \

This guy wont be in the league again.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Recycling my response in the Michael Vick thread:

"Oh, you ain't comin' here".
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Uh, yeah, his football ability aside ( or lack thereof) I think we can safely say the Steelers are gonna pass on this one. \

This guy wont be in the league again.
    Unfortunately, I would be willing to bet that a team will snatch him up as soon as the Browns dump him. Probably the Cowboys.