Thread: Vick: 'I love the Steelers organization'

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Vick: 'I love the Steelers organization'

Mike Vick enjoyed the family atmosphere that was ever present during the 2015 season.

As the Steelers were packing up last week, quarterback Mike Vick stood in the locker room, posing for pictures with a couple of his teammates. They were teammates who watched Vick play when they literally were kids with dreams of one day playing in the league too.

“It made me feel old,” Vick laughed, who just finished his 15th NFL season. “At the same time I understand the respect level that is there, the work that I have done and the hard work I put in at 35. I think they respect the motivation I try to give them each and every day because I see the potential in them. I believe in them, they believe in me. I think at the end of the day I am a big brother to them.”

It’s that family atmosphere, that big brother-little brother relationship that is one of the things Vick loved so much about the 2015 season with the Steelers. It’s his fourth NFL team in 15 seasons, and he felt something special with the group that gathered in the locker room daily.

“It’s a special group, it’s a special atmosphere,” said Vick. “It’s a special group of coaches. I think Coach (Mike) Tomlin and what he demands from the players, he gives it to us but at the end of the day he understands we are men. He puts responsibility on us and we respond. I think it’s the type of coach he is in terms of how he treats his players. He makes his players want to work hard for him.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...1-18d322014150

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Vick: 'I love the Steelers organization'

Glad you feel that way.....but don't let the door hit you on the way out.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    That's pretty harsh, even if it is 100% on the money.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    That's pretty harsh, even if it is 100% on the money.
    I'm not a big Vick fan - not because of the whole dog thing but because he was never anything special as a QB.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I would love the Browns too if they picked me up off the scrap heap and let me play plus give me big checks.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Not a Vick fan. Not gonna be a Vick fan.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

His attitude is in the right place, but too bad he can't play anymore.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

"You ain't stayin'"
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Banned Array title="SteelersProfessor is an unknown quantity at this point">

I'd love to get blown by Alyssa Milano. But that ain't happening either.

Bye Mike.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Sigh...can't we just take the compliment?

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Do not allow him on the team next season. It would be better to sign a QB. Also, he is not a role model. One of the worst signing in Steelers' history.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    This!!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

All thoughts about Vick aside, it is a HELL of a lot better to hear this kind of story than the ones coming out of the locker room circa 2011-12 - which was a sour mood, divisiveness, and a number of guys putting themselves and/or money ahead of winning. I think these guys know good things are in the process of happening, and it makes it a lot easier to have a positive attitude and team spirit, corny as it sounds.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Guess not. It's what I expect from this fan base... not this forum. You have to understand, I live with this egotistical, self righteous fan base every day, in Ohio. Please, I know all of you on this forum aren't like that, but the fans I have to live/deal with in my little corner of the world, are.

I've been drinking copious amounts this evening (Wild Turkey 101), so........... maybe I've overstepped my bounds. I'm sure I'll find out in the morning...lol.

Steeler Nation Rocks !!! Array title="Steelersfan is on a distinguished road"> Steelersfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Guess not. It's what I expect from this fan base... not this forum. You have to understand, I live with this egotistical, self righteous fan base every day, in Ohio. Please, I know all of you on this forum aren't like that, but the fans I have to live/deal with in my little corner of the world, are.

I've been drinking copious amounts this evening (Wild Turkey 101), so........... maybe I've overstepped my bounds. I'm sure I'll find out in the morning...lol.
    No you haven't overstepped your bounds. You gave your honest opinion from the outside looking in. You have to respect that. Doing that makes you the best best kind of football fan and/or rival football fan. What I would like to know though, is how this fan base is different from yours or any of the other 30 fan bases in the NFL? What is different in your honest opinion???
    Here We Go Pittsburgh
Here We Go

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    What I would like to know though, is how this fan base is different from yours or any of the other 30 fan bases in the NFL? What is different in your honest opinion???
    Is that question, as it relates to copious amounts of Wild Turkey?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Oh, I appreciate the compliment and concur with what he's said. It's good stuff.

*But*... AFAIC Michael Vick is a convicted felon and therefore not fit to wear the uniform. He's done a lot to turn his life around and I applaud that. I wish him all the best... in Dallas.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    No you haven't overstepped your bounds. You gave your honest opinion from the outside looking in. You have to respect that. Doing that makes you the best best kind of football fan and/or rival football fan. What I would like to know though, is how this fan base is different from yours or any of the other 30 fan bases in the NFL? What is different in your honest opinion???

Really, it isn't any different from the Raiders fan base of the 70's - 80's. When a team wins all the time and is expected to make the playoffs every year, the fans get a little...... used to success, to say it nicely. They tend to downgrade other teams and their fans. It's like they are "entitled" to have great teams and winning records every year.

Your team is one of the best in the league, every year. I don't think there is a team in the league with such a run of successful years as the Steelers. As such, most of your fan base has never known a bad stretch, at least for any length of time. So... a large percentage of them lord it over every other fan base like there is no way it could ever end, because they have never experienced it. With that, comes an aura of arrogance.

I work with quite a few Steelers "fans" that don't know as much about their team as I do. But, they certainly aren't shy about crowing about them and how great they are at every opportunity.

I'm sure the same thing happens with other fans of successful teams.... I just have to live and work with your's.

Please, don't take offense at what I said... you asked!

I enjoy this forum and everyone on it. I don't hate the Steelers or their fans. I wish my Raiders would get back to being more like the Raiders I love. This long period of suck is really getting old!