Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: 2016 DRAFT

Banned Array title="steelerkitty will become famous soon enough">

Re: 2016 DRAFT

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Billings, Jackson, Joseph, Spence, and Hargreaves available. Who do you take

To be honest with you sir...I still like Billings. I know one can say you don't usually spend a 1st on a NT. But we did with Hampton, and how did that turn out ? I like Joseph, but I just can't see us taking a guy who won't even be healthy at best til week 8-10, and, who's style of play has resulted in previous injuries as well. As for the CB's that are expected to be there at 25...well I think we could in all reality trade down 10-15 spots, and still get a CB just as good.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I have a sinking feeling that Billings and Butler will be available, but the Steelers still pick Apple

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I have a sinking feeling that Billings and Butler will be available, but the Steelers still pick Apple
    No they won't. If both Billings AND Butler are sitting there, it will take the entire 10mins(or whatever the timer is) to decide which one. If that scenario happens and they don't go DL there, they have a plan in round 2 to get Clark or Hargrove. We are good, man. No worries.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I won't be home until 9:30 tonight EST. I doubt they will get to the Steelers before then. Is it 5 minutes to pick in the 1st round?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I won't be home until 9:30 tonight EST. I doubt they will get to the Steelers before then. Is it 5 minutes to pick in the 1st round?
    10 minutes round 1 7 minutes round 2 5 minutes round 3-7

Senior Member Array title="awe1028 will become famous soon enough">

In order of preference:

Spence (Its all about the pass rush)
    Billings (Casey Hamptom with pass rush ability)
    Joseph (By far best safety in this class)
    WJ3 (Finally Pittsburgh gets a taller CB)
    Hargreaves (Is he too small to play outside?)

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    It will probably be 10:30pm est by the time we pick at 25... midnight, if everyone waits until the buzzer.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I have a sinking feeling that Billings and Butler will be available, but the Steelers still pick an overhyped outside linebacker or DE/OLB transition project.
    Fixed if for ya
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Whether it is a CB/S or Billings in round 1 I don't care. But...if some how we can get a Tyler Boyd with our 2nd rounder...I will be a Happy Camper. I just think in the end he will be the best WR taken in this draft, or any recent draft.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkitty View Post
    Whether it is a CB/S or Billings in round 1 I don't care. But...if some how we can get a Tyler Boyd with our 2nd rounder...I will be a Happy Camper. I just think in the end he will be the best WR taken in this draft, or any recent draft.
    I certainly won't be happy if we take a WR in the 2nd round. That would be foolish with all of the other needs we have.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Deductive reasoning.

Jackson... three ste guys in R2 & R3 who are aboit as good.

Billings... it's a deep, deep group; you could wait, and still get a good DT.

Joseph... my favorite safety, and he's a notch above the others; but, one "could" get a safety in R2.

Spence... he is the only pass-rusher in this draft

Hargreaves... the only blue-chip corner in this draft. Short: yes. Can he cover: absolutely.

GUN TO MY HEAD:
    Hargreaves (less risk than Spence)

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

On a related topic (to Hargreaves dropping to 25)...

What is Mackensie Alexander drops to 58???

R1: Hargreaves
    R2: Alexander
    R3: DT
    R4: SS

JACKPOT!!!!!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Jackson had 7 PI calls against him in college in 2015 where you get away with a lot more than in the NFL , not very good in run support ( 5 tackles vs run all of 2015 ) gets out physicaled at the catch point by bigger receivers and is easily put off balance by them ... these do not sound like the characteristics of a 1st round CB ... he is a reach in round 1 ( but in a weak CB class at the top end of it anyways ) names will be put into mocks that probably do not deserve to be there and hype is placed on guys that ordinarily wouldn't be as it is in effect a quota based position much like QB ...

Teams are always looking for guys who can throw the football and guys who can stop the throws and guys who play those positions are often times over drafted and to me this is Jackson .

That is not saying he can't or won't evolve his game and step up at the next level and be a success but it still does not change the fact that he is not in the same class as a Ramsey ( even if you have Ramsey as a FS ) or a Hargreaves ...

sometimes people get to over enamored with the size of the player he checks that box at being over 6 feet but I must ask does 6 ft present that much more value than 5'11 or even 5'10 for that mater if the slightly shorter player has a superior vertical ? I do not believe so I think whomever can get to the highest point with the ball in the air is more important than the height of someone standing flat footed as football is not played standing still

just some random thoughts use them however you see fit or ignore then all together not everyone thinks or see's the same things

*as a side note I think CB is rather deep but it lacks top end talent to clarify the earlier point

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    Jackson had 7 PI calls against him in college in 2015 where you get away with a lot more than in the NFL , not very good in run support ( 5 tackles vs run all of 2015 ) gets out physicaled at the catch point by bigger receivers and is easily put off balance by them ... these do not sound like the characteristics of a 1st round CB ... he is a reach in round 1 ( but in a weak CB class at the top end of it anyways ) names will be put into mocks that probably do not deserve to be there and hype is placed on guys that ordinarily wouldn't be as it is in effect a quota based position much like QB ...

Teams are always looking for guys who can throw the football and guys who can stop the throws and guys who play those positions are often times over drafted and to me this is Jackson .

That is not saying he can't or won't evolve his game and step up at the next level and be a success but it still does not change the fact that he is not in the same class as a Ramsey ( even if you have Ramsey as a FS ) or a Hargreaves ...

sometimes people get to over enamored with the size of the player he checks that box at being over 6 feet but I must ask does 6 ft present that much more value than 5'11 or even 5'10 for that mater if the slightly shorter player has a superior vertical ? I do not believe so I think whomever can get to the highest point with the ball in the air is more important than the height of someone standing flat footed as football is not played standing still

just some random thoughts use them however you see fit or ignore then all together not everyone thinks or see's the same things

*as a side note I think CB is rather deep but it lacks top end talent to clarify the earlier point
    So, something like a Leodis McKelvin. A small school guy who gets good hype, gets drafted earlier than expected because of it, plays decently, but doesn't really pan out as the world stopper he was though to be.... I can see that. That happens to a lot of player though. No thanks to the "pundits of draft analysis".

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

10 minutes round 1 7 minutes round 2 5 minutes round 3-7
    Thank you.

Mark Kaboly's Draft Chat from today...if anyone is interested.

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/...-a-transcript/

Oh God! I am so...PINING for the Good Ole days of the NFL Draft. I mean remember way back when ?...when the entire draft was on a Saturday & Sunday ? I used to wake-up early on Saturday...get my Pizza and stuff ready to go, and watch the LONG first day of the 3 rounds. And then on Sunday...watch the ridiculously longer ( 4 to 7 ) rounds. But now...I mean WTF!! I am watching ESPN right now, and they have a NFL draft " RED CARPET " ??? I mean are you serious ? I mean what is this the freaking Academy F'ing Awards ?

Like I need to see Michael Irving in a PIMP like suit Interviewing prospects on the Red Carpet ? I mean seriously...am I the ONLY one here who misses those Good Ole days of the Draft being on Saturday & Sunday with what was at BEST a 1 hour predraft show before it started ?...Instead now, they have a predraft show that is even LONGER then the draft itself.

God please...KILL ME NOW!!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Oh God! I am so...PINING for the Good Ole days of the NFL Draft. I mean remember way back when ?...when the entire draft was on a Saturday & Sunday ? I used to wake-up early on Saturday...get my Pizza and stuff ready to go, and watch the LONG first day of the 3 rounds. And then on Sunday...watch the ridiculously longer ( 4 to 7 ) rounds. But now...I mean WTF!! I am watching ESPN right now, and they have a NFL draft " RED CARPET " ??? I mean are you serious ? I mean what is this the freaking Academy F'ing Awards ?

Like I need to see Michael Irving in a PIMP like suit Interviewing prospects on the Red Carpet ? I mean seriously...am I the ONLY one here who misses those Good Ole days of the Draft being on Saturday & Sunday with what was at BEST a 1 hour predraft show before it started ?...Instead now, they have a predraft show that is even LONGER then the draft itself.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

See you Space Cowboy ...

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

No, you're definitely not the only one. I really miss the Sat & Sun drafts. I'm not even turning it on until the draft itself starts in an hour.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    For PRESIDENT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    No, you're definitely not the only one. I really miss the Sat & Sun drafts. I'm not even turning it on until the draft itself starts in an hour.

Glad I am not alone here on that. I mean WTF has it come too ? It's like it's gone all Hollywood. Pretty soon it will go to a 1 round everyday for 7 whole days...YIKES!!

Glad I am not alone here on that. I mean WTF has it come too ? It's like it's gone all Hollywood. Pretty soon it will go to a 1 round everyday for 7 whole days...YIKES!!
    What it has come to is money. How much do you think they are making selling ad time for this tonight? They took something that a lot of people, not all, but a lot, would not bother watching. Just wait and see who your team picked. Now, round 1 is a show. People will be switching between the draft, NBA playoffs, and NHL playoffs because it's that big. People who can't be in front of a tv are streaming it. Round 1 is a manageable feat for those who can't sit for an entire weekend. I like this new format, personally. It does more for the sport than the old way, and it means more for the players to be a part of it now.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Bless you. A voice of sanity. Why does this have to be sooooo long. Oh. Right. Tons of TV Money....

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Bless you. A voice of sanity. Why does this have to be sooooo long. Oh. Right. Tons of TV Money....

I know. What's next ?....the prospects wearing patches from national endorsement companies like Pepsi and Taco Bell ?

I know. What's next ?....the prospects wearing patches from national endorsement companies like Pepsi and Taco Bell ?
    Don't be surprised if you see that soon.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Deductive reasoning.

Jackson... three ste guys in R2 & R3 who are aboit as good.

Billings... it's a deep, deep group; you could wait, and still get a good DT.

Joseph... my favorite safety, and he's a notch above the others; but, one "could" get a safety in R2.

Spence... he is the only pass-rusher in this draft

Hargreaves... the only blue-chip corner in this draft. Short: yes. Can he cover: absolutely.

GUN TO MY HEAD:
    Hargreaves (less risk than Spence)
    Spence still makes me a little nervous. I don't think he is a bad kid, not at all. Just a kid that had a problem. If those problems are behind him, he's a no brainer. If we do get the young man I will be happy, but still a little nervous for a while.

AML

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Pfft !! Obviously Artie Burns ! Everybody knows that !
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    What it has come to is money. How much do you think they are making selling ad time for this tonight?
    Nope, Patriots Nation is gonna bring the NFL to its knees!